Wiki Posts
Search

SANDBAGGING AT BIG RACES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT

And deny it all you want... the ARE toy cars.
Sure, kinda like Porsche's are toy cars, Motorcycles are Toys, etc etc. To someone they are toys, to others they are serious, high performance feats of engineering and are Racing Vehicles.

It's not their reality because you say it is, its only your perception of their reality. They are what they are IN YOUR WORLD, but not in everyone's.

I get it that you think this is all a silly game. Since that is so, why the hell are you in here bickering about something so juvenile then?
Old 11-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Just because you are fast locally but maybe so-so at a national event does not make you a sportsman or intermediate. It just makes you a so-so pro.

As a bmx racer I was fast locally and even regionally, but rarely made the main in the expert class at big national races. When I did make the main, it was rare to get a top 3 finish. However, if I raced "novice" at a national race, I would have absolutely destroyed that class and would have been sandbagging at its finest.

If you are fast locally, but not nationally, it just means you need to step your game up and rise to the occassion, not sandbag because you are the bottom half of the really fast guys imho.
I agree with you 100%. When I raced GNCC's, I routinely got a reality check when I went from a local or even regional level up to the National Level. You don't drop down a level to feel like a winner, you just push harder and challenge yourself.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Chester
Sure, kinda like Porsche's are toy cars, Motorcycles are Toys, etc etc. To someone they are toys, to others they are serious, high performance feats of engineering and are Racing Vehicles.

It's not their reality because you say it is, its only your perception of their reality. They are what they are IN YOUR WORLD, but not in everyone's.

I get it that you think this is all a silly game. Since that is so, why the hell are you in here bickering about something so juvenile then?
A little over the top there bud, we managed to get to 6 pages before the personal attacks started. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and since nobody called you a juvenile for taking it all too seriously, shame on you for instigating it
Old 11-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Someone allways steals my milk crate or empty 5 gallon bucket, so I carry a couple sandbags up to stand on. Things tend to not disappear when they weigh more than 50 pounds.

I have a little ladder to stand on for when we use the Ifmar ladder format for mains.

If the tracks nachos are too pricey, I brown bag.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
A little over the top there bud, we managed to get to 6 pages before the personal attacks started. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and since nobody called you a juvenile for taking it all too seriously, shame on you for instigating it
Taking it too seriously? Attack?
Did I call him juvenile? No, I did not. Reread the post, before you attack me.

That attitude is why this sport will never be seen as anything more than just toy racing.

Shame on you for not defending this sport as something more than just toy car playtime. As he was insinuating, in an insulting way.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm not here or there... pretty much. If your sponsored Race Pro, If no sponsors - Race whatever you want.

For those that need it, I made a shirt a few years back for a little incident that happened at state... It was all in good fun, but the sales continue to sprikle in here and there. I don't make commission on this one, it sells at cost.

I can't post links yet, I'm new here.. If you go to cafepress.com and search Crombie Baggin It will come up for sale. It's a ambercrombie spoof.

The graphic that's on the tee is attached.

ENJOY!
Attached Thumbnails SANDBAGGING  AT BIG RACES!!!!!!!!!!!!-ambercrombieblack.jpg  
Old 11-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

The box for my D8 said it's for ages 14 and up. My KX450F said it has no warranty because it is a racing machine.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Alright. Well maybe I am going a little over the top with this shit. I can't help it. I am very competitive by nature.
I apologize and respectfully bow out of this issue.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Matt Chester
Taking it too seriously? Attack?
Did I call him juvenile? No, I did not. Reread the post, before you attack me.

That attitude is why this sport will never be seen as anything more than just toy racing.

Shame on you for not defending this sport as something more than just toy car playtime. As he was insinuating, in an insulting way.
I was not attacking you just making a point that there are allot more people who enjoy rc as a recreation and fun times then there are people who treat it like an Olympic Decathalon. Wether someone calls them toys or high dollar racing machines is irrelevent. The best thing about it is anyone can do it and love it just the same. IMHO the people who take it too seriously are the same people who are ruining it for everyone else and it is those same people who are also the sandbaggers.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Very well. But I am not one of either of those. I take it pretty serious otherwise I have no reason to spend this kind of money just to play. I could get stick to hitting the MX track for playtime for less than I am spending on this stuff. Anything that is playtime should not cost this much.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Lord

Dude, Try Turbine Jets... everytime you crash $3000
Old 11-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOMIT
That is not exactly correct. They are being paid to promote a product. Getting race results can be a big part of that... but so can being helpful to other racers, being personable and friendly, and talking up the product.

I see that differently. I'm playing with a toy car. If I get put in a race with Mike Battaile, Tex, Jason Branham, Hunter Kinsey (it can happen on the club race level anyway) I'm going to go have fun and try not to disrupt their race too badly. I'm not going to win... or place reasonbly... but I'm going to enjoy it just the same.

If you are a sportsman driver and are that stressed out about running in the same race with the "big boys," maybe you should evaluate how you look at the hobby.

I don't run the RC Pro state series races because they don't have a sportsman (a.k.a. intermediate) truggy class- not because I care about winning, but because I don't want to mess up the race for the fast guys. (OK, I did run the local one we had... but I won't travel for it...) I'm getting better at holding a line, but I still mess up way too much, and when I do I'm as likely to take someone else out as simply hold myself up.

Do I care that I'm getting beaten by 53,000 laps by the fast guys? Nope. I DO care if I ruin their day though.
I TRY to move over... take a corner a little wide and let them by, etc... but sometimes I end up making things worse. (On the other hand, for the guys who I'm close to in speed... I'm going to race you hard for every inch of the track.)

Look... we're all playing with toy cars. It IS a competition... but some folks take things like this way too seriously. You don't like the sandbaggers? Get faster so you can beat them.

I'll tease my friends about being sandbaggers... but that's all just in fun. I couldn't care less if they run pro or novice.
Nope,I have been running pro for about a year and a half.Make the "A" ABOUT 40 TO 50% of the time depending on practice time and setup.With all the posting you do I thought you were a pro for sure.....I don't think they're toys.I do this because it so closely resembles motocross but I don't get hurt.Sandbagging sux.It should not be allowed.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChillinVillain
I'm not here or there... pretty much. If your sponsored Race Pro, If no sponsors - Race whatever you want.

For those that need it, I made a shirt a few years back for a little incident that happened at state... It was all in good fun, but the sales continue to sprikle in here and there. I don't make commission on this one, it sells at cost.

I can't post links yet, I'm new here.. If you go to cafepress.com and search Crombie Baggin It will come up for sale. It's a ambercrombie spoof.

The graphic that's on the tee is attached.

ENJOY!
That's GREATNESS! Ron bought one of those because we were calling him sandbagger. When he moved up to open, we picked a successor- and handed it off to Scott Stanley at the Bossier City RC Pro race. Scott will move up this year... we'll see who gets it now!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool To help this along......

We might need to reconfirm why this thread was started. The word toy is all relative to where you stand in life and where your individual priorities lie. There is no useful need for these cars we play with. They are shown and debuted at toy fairs. However, we chose to race them for entertainment. It just happens to be a more sophisticated model than your kids pine car.
The difference between this and a motorcycle is the motorbike can be used for work, play or sport.
These are model cars that we chose to race. The question is how do we race in an environment that diminishes the possibility of sandbagging. The only way to do this is to establish rules and procedures (& mindsets) to clean it up. The National ranking system is just one tool offered here that could help us achieve this (if it is needed).
Anyone that has a stake in this topic has to be serious about their racing. If you are not serious about it then maybe you should just stick to reading.
Now to all you racers.... where did we leave off??
<-------- Not done yet!
TEX
Old 11-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

should a team manager running intermediate laptimes(like could tq the intermediate class) be running in sportsman?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.