Wiki Posts
Search

Power Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
I actually looked at that combo... its on sale at HD for $149 now... BUT, i think it would be overkill for me.
ahhhh......heavy trigger finger too.., how's trey doing? havent seen him on here in a while? is he ok?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Schmitty
this is the one i use.......holds a charge, 2 speeds, quick chuck and adjustable clutch.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...key=Navigation
I have both the old and new ryobi. The new one is a 2 speed and seems to have a slightly better clutch. The battery is also replaceable. Where I live in NC it is 29.99 in the store. My original ryobi still works fine, I just got the new one for free so I had to give it a try.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Heres what i use perfect clutch and trigger and very light http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog
Old 05-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v6shooter
Heres what i use perfect clutch and trigger and very light http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog
Had one of those when i worked in a garage.... LOVED it... miss it too.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Anyone recommend anything more current? My budget is about $100....
craftsman 4 volt lipo driver for 40$ mip tips=done
Old 05-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
i used the eds, they are great but with how much wreching i do they wear out. I replaced the tips about every 4 months. so far im at 2 months and the mip look new so we shall see if they make it past 4 months to justify the cost

DB3DL2

its the updated db3dl . this has a better gear set. I got mine from the toolbarn for $73 bucks. otw to me now

i have both eds and mip. it's hard to tell the difference honestly but if i had to give one the edge it would be mip. But a very small edge. They are both great.

i bought integy wrenches before (hand held) they lasted a month or two and that was it.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
i have both eds and mip. it's hard to tell the difference honestly but if i had to give one the edge it would be mip. But a very small edge. They are both great.

i bought integy wrenches before (hand held) they lasted a month or two and that was it.
You should have tried the TiN coated drivers.. I have the power driver set, and they Kick ASS!! I've used them 2 full years, and the 2.5mm just now needs replacing..
Old 05-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I have all the drivers, The snap on one, the matco one. Both of those are really nice but there to high voltage. Meaning they are fast. You have to be careful with them. For the money the new ryobi one with the link posted above is awesome. I bought one 2 weeks ago and it is slower but that means better for screws going into plastic.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
, i dont have a spare yet, but havent needed it. if you wear out a lipo driver battery working on a r/c car then you have bigger problems

So what your saying Im to anal and take my cars apart too often ?

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
here is what i use..

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/M...122025/Cat/168

probably an overkill but being an auto tech for 16 years you learn to buy the best tools the first time to save money in the long haul.. jeremy

I just used my Combo today to aid in the assembly of our new bad as* drivers stand at the Track. I use the Impact with a 17mm socket for my serrated wheel nuts. I can Guarantee to Never loose a wheel Nut EVER.

These units are Soo Awesome when they went on sale here locally I picked up a New Pair in white (old ones blue) Just to have them for when i Might need 4 guns going.