First 8ight 2.0 Upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First 8ight 2.0 Upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

im not sure if they fixed the carb pull issue but the first rtrs had a plastic pull and became a issue pretty quickly. i think the losi website has the part number for the fix
Old 10-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mach Nine
I'm going to be ordering the alum caps and a servo when i order the car i think. Any ideas on a good steering servo anyone?

Thanks .
if you are running lipo either the hitec 7950 Or the jr 9100hvt. Btw I have a jr hvt for sale on a smoking deal. If you are nit running lipo then a hitec 7955 will work just fine.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

I'm thinking about getting the 7950 as I would use it down the road on any other cars i get. But I'm curious. It says in the description:

"The "Ultra Torque" HS-7950TH is designed to operate on a two cell LiPo Pack!"

If I were to get a 1/8 electric buggy a bit down the road would I be able to use this servo on it even though I'd be running a 4S lipo in the E-Buggy and it says it can only handle 2S? Or would it automatically limit the voltage to itself or something like that?

Also can anyone direct me to a good receiver lipo please if i decide to get one now? I would like to get one that would fit in a Mugen receiver box as well (as i'm pretty sure im going to be getting an MBX6 [or 7 maybe?] next, next season if i really like nitro).

And what about glow plugs for the stock engine? Which would be a decent all around one?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks guys for all the help .
Old 10-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I run the Losi 2000mah LiPO as it was designed to fit the stock battery box. It sits lower which is a nice bonus (extra battery box lid comes with the kit). I believe it's the same layout that is used in the Mugen but the dimensions may be different. E buggies would run a voltage regulator for the electronics I imagine.

I didnt have any problems with the plugs included with the kit. I picked up some OS #8 plugs as replacements but never ran so I couldnt tell you how they would perform. The turbo button is pretty cheap (~ $20) and makes a huge difference in power.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm thinking about getting the 7950 as I would use it down the road on any other cars i get. But I'm curious. It says in the description:

If I were to get a 1/8 electric buggy a bit down the road would I be able to use this servo on it even though I'd be running a 4S lipo in the E-Buggy and it says it can only handle 2S? Or would it automatically limit the voltage to itself or something like that?

Also can anyone direct me to a good receiver lipo please if i decide to get one now? I would like to get one that would fit in a Mugen receiver box as well (as i'm pretty sure im going to be getting an MBX6 [or 7 maybe?] next, next season if i really like nitro).

And what about glow plugs for the stock engine? Which would be a decent all around one?

1/8 electrics rely on the ESC for servo power...so the ESC will pump out 6V and No more.....you dont NEED HV servo's...they are more of a Want item.....7955's would do the job just fine and dandy and save you 100$ over the HV's.

for a Rx pack...the Mugen runs a Flat pack the losi a Hump style.....so you wont get a battery that will fit both and have over 1000mah....there are small Rx packs that would fit but they are only 800-1000mah...where as 2000 is a lot more convenient to have

Originally Posted by madweazl
I run the Losi 2000mah LiPO as it was designed to fit the stock battery box. It sits lower which is a nice bonus (extra battery box lid comes with the kit). I believe it's the same layout that is used in the Mugen but the dimensions may be different. E buggies would run a voltage regulator for the electronics I imagine.

No regulator what so ever.....the ESC dumb's down the pack voltage to acceptable level's for the servo's....Soon im sure we will have an option to run 6v or Full 8.4v
Old 10-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Mugen and Losi use different style packs so one won't work in the other. Here is the Li-Po I use and many others use for the Mugen
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Balancer-Plug

When running an electric buggy. The ESC will give the receiver 6v no matter if you run 4S or 6S, etc. I am running 2x HiTec 7955's in my Mugen. They will run on 7.4v as well if you want to run a Li-Po receiver pack. Take it for what it's worth but Adam Drake runs 2x HiTec 7940's in his buggy and 2x 7950's in the truggy. In the buggy you don't need as much torque as a truggy so you can get more speed it you want and go with the 7940 instead of the 7950. I personally went with the 7955 because it's a lot cheaper then the HV Hitec servo's and still puts out more then enough torque and speed and can still run on 7.4v. So in my opinion I would go with a 7955 but if you have the extra money the HV Hitec's won't hurt.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Like others have said, all you really need is a steering servo and aluminum steering horn. I would replace things as they break.

I would also change the throttle servo too but leave the plastic horn. I have only stripped the throttle horn once in 2 years.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by csweatt
This is what I use. Been running same two since March with no problems.Great price. Give'm a try.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXNRN6&P=ML

I run these with lipo and no regulator.They have given no trouble. You don't have to spend alot of $$$ to have good equip.. Check ther specs. they will look very simalar to the hitec 7955.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Digital-Servo
Old 10-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

So basically there is plenty of torque on the 7940 for steering 1/8 buggies? I plan on using this on the 2.0 and a Ve8 i think. However a truggy would probably need the 7950?
Old 10-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
1/8 electrics rely on the ESC for servo power...so the ESC will pump out 6V and No more.....you dont NEED HV servo's...they are more of a Want item.....7955's would do the job just fine and dandy and save you 100$ over the HV's.

for a Rx pack...the Mugen runs a Flat pack the losi a Hump style.....so you wont get a battery that will fit both and have over 1000mah....there are small Rx packs that would fit but they are only 800-1000mah...where as 2000 is a lot more convenient to have

No regulator what so ever.....the ESC dumb's down the pack voltage to acceptable level's for the servo's....Soon im sure we will have an option to run 6v or Full 8.4v
Didnt think about the ESC. Does the Losi LiPO fit (it isnt a hump pack)?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl
Didnt think about the ESC. Does the Losi LiPO fit (it isnt a hump pack)?

losi lipo fit what ?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The 7955's can handle lipo. I personally use te losi lipo pack but it's in a losi car. The mugen car will take a stick type pack whch is different than the losi style pack.