Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-T Nitro Truggy RTR

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Prophet

i cant see why i couldnt make a class all it takes 2 to 3 people running them and it sparks intrest,and its a cheaper alturntive to the 1/8truggy and the tires are cheaper and the parts are cheaper to than the 1/8 i think a box shock class for them maybe could work like tracks do with spec slash
i like it have to sell some of my other things to get one,its a good deal what losi gives u thats for sure
Old 10-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

If its $499 it will probably retail for just over $400 and Amain allways has coupons. If you allready have a DSM radio you can recoup. some money by selling the radio gear. At least $100. I'm sure you can mix the starting equiptment in to the 3rd channel of any reciever.

Hopefully they will release some better tires because the Zombies have way too much meat and they "give" too much in the turns. I had some for my LST2 and they are a good bashing tire but not so good on the track unless the track has tons of loose soil on top.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

a brushless one would be a blast!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I want to see a race version, everybody always wanted a(good) 10th gas truck with 4wd, now it can be a reality, I miss the hell out of gas truck, maybe making them 4wd will bring them back from the dead.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Nice lookin' Truggy, looks cool .....way to go Losi !!!! - 10*'s

I thought that the Losi Zombie-Maxx tires were 'currently out of production', but I see that Losi used them on the new Ten-T.............. Nice touch BTW !!!!
I like the body too !!!! The new electric start is a pretty good option as well !!!!!
Nice 1/8 scale platform with all the hops-ups inclued, you gotta love it !!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just hope they went smart and beefed up the R+P and used quality drive shaft's....that .20 is gonna have Alot of grunt from what im being told...and i also hope they make a racier version with a single speed center diff....2 speed clutch's are annoying to deal with to say the least.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (99%+)

WTF Losi, where's the brushless one? This is just what we need, another new class. Are they trying to fit in with Redcat or what?

Now let's see if they were thinking ahead and made the dimensions compatible with SCT.

You should be able to toss SCT tires/wheel/body on and go. Hopefully B/L is right behind it. You'll never have a 1/10 nitro race class for this thing to compete in. It would have to overtake 1/8 scale which won't happen.

Still can't believe it, Losi needs to get ahead of other companies, or at least in the same ballpark to compete.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Just checked the specs against the Slash, it's definately not SCT compatible even with a conversion kit.

WB is under 11.75 - 11.85, The SCT's run over 13" This thing is barely 1/10 scale. It's also very short, 17.75" compared to SCT over 22"
Old 10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Im a racer, so unless there is a class for them, im out. Im a Mugenite, but still think Losi has something good here. Too bad they didnt class it as a MT.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

I'll admit, it would be fun to play with, but that's it. Just play. It has a very short wheelbase and will be a handful on offroad tracks more than likely.

I'm thinking with a ESP of $499, ebay should be running $300 within a couple months on these.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
wheres the center diff? 2 speed tranny.....lame
It must be a typo on the website.... it comes WITH a center diff. There is no 2-speed tranny shown in the exploded view or the manual.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VectoredThrust
Share what you're smoking... it comes WITH a center diff. There is no 2-speed tranny.
per losi's site

"2-Shoe Clutch and 2-Speed Transmission

The TEN-T's 2-shoe clutch is based on Losi's race-oriented clutch design for incredible durability and acceleration. Whether you're racing on a track or tearing up the backyard, the clutch design will give you the power you need."

2 shoe clutch - That'll get tossed for a 3 shoe almost immediately. 2 speed transmission, no specifics though.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TD-Ent
per losi's site

"2-Shoe Clutch and 2-Speed Transmission

The TEN-T's 2-shoe clutch is based on Losi's race-oriented clutch design for incredible durability and acceleration. Whether you're racing on a track or tearing up the backyard, the clutch design will give you the power you need."

2 shoe clutch - That'll get tossed for a 3 shoe almost immediately. 2 speed transmission, no specifics though.
That's why I said it must be a typo. The exploded view clearly shows a center differrential... not a two speed.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Prophet

oh why does it have to be brusless maybe losi know what u dont know, cant u use a monster truck tire like proline low profiles like revo use. whats the maxium size engine u can put in this thing if your racing maybe this engine would be to much i image there is a resticter that fits this engine, why coulnt this be a class, i would defiely get rid of the starting equiment if u want to race with this or have a box stock class like slash why not i think i would be cool
Old 10-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VectoredThrust
That's why I said it must be a typo. The exploded view clearly shows a center differrential... not a two speed.
Where is this exploded view you speak of. The best picture only shows the clutchbell which is a single gear design. In order for it to be a 2 speed, the center whatever it is has in it would need to be more of a transmission than anything.

It would almost need to be a 2 speed though. That thing is a tank for a 1/10 scale and how small it is.

They aren't saying much on the front and rear components either. Guess the driveline is a big secret.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.