Wiki Posts
Search

Paint Deicision

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Paint Deicision

ok im painting my revo platinum body tonight and i was wanting opinions on which way to paint it.. bright orange with candy purple around the windows, or the front half of the body candy purple and the rear half silver, and then the split line in the middle would be orange, but the line would be angled in the middle of the body. so what do u guys think??
thanks for any suggestions.. and any adivce for painting the body? this is my first one btw.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would paint it black with 2 blue lines over the top of the body and silver around the windows.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Lose the candy purple. I got to stare at a half dozen orange/purple/white/ silver cars last month.

I don't know why that scheme is so popular it usually comes out boring.

Stick with the orange or floresent orange back it up with floresent white outline the windows in black.

Paint the bed outlaw black. Bottom inch of the sides of the body outlaw black then an orange stripe then silver stripe then orange on top (except for windows and bed).

I saw this scheme with different colors and it was pretty clean.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I say "Barbie Corvette Pink" with Hello Kitty stickers all over it. Are you fast enough to drive a pink car?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DOMIT
I say "Barbie Corvette Pink" with Hello Kitty stickers all over it. Are you fast enough to drive a pink car?
im defiantly not that fast yet man
Old 10-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Lose the candy purple. I got to stare at a half dozen orange/purple/white/ silver cars last month.

Stick with the orange or floresent orange back it up with floresent white outline the windows in black.

Paint the bed outlaw black. Bottom inch of the sides of the body outlaw black then an orange stripe then silver stripe then orange on top (except for windows and bed).

i dont have black. the only colors i have is silver purple and orange. and your not going to be seeing my car so dont worry about seeing more purple and orange lol. jk but i have a friend drawing up a simple design on photoshop ill post it in a sec. im not sure what im going to go with yet...
Old 10-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B4power
I would paint it black with 2 blue lines over the top of the body and silver around the windows.
my brother just painted his like that but only one big line on the top instead of 2. so i cant do that lol.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Who makes that color?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Colors_By_Dave
Who makes that color?
Pactra, spray can.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

well i think im going to go with fluorescent orange as my base color and then purple around the windows or maybe silver around the windows. and then purple scoops maybe?? idk lol i hate making decisions like this.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

..go with what you see in your head, it's your first time so you'll get better and better the more your paint.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How good is your vision? Purple and silver look really good together... but they're dark, not very visible from 50-100' away. I can't "visualize" purple and orange... but then again, I used to run yellow with purple.

Purple "faded" to silver looks great- I used to do that on the graphics part on my cars.

Here's where you get into problems: If the orange is a flourescent color, it NEEDS white behind it to make the color "pop." If you back it with silver it will be a little darker, almost "muddy."

You might consider something like you described (purple front/silver back) but "fade" the purple- spray it first, heavier at the front and gradually lighter as you go back. Then go back and spray it ALL with the silver. (of course if you want some orange "accents" on there, tape those off and spray it after the silver is dry.)

Or maybe silver on top, purple on the bottom, with a orange "zig-zag" like a lightening bolt down the sides separating the 2 colors... or not, you can fade it that way too.

The possibilities are endless. BTW I'm a huge fan of obnoxious paint jobs, and for that matter bodies. See pics. lol
Attached Thumbnails Paint Deicision-08242009052.jpg   Paint Deicision-08242009053.jpg   Paint Deicision-08242009050.jpg  
Old 10-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Pactra, spray can.
This one?

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/589005.asp
Old 10-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Keep some bright colors in there, will help the eyes focus better on the car as it gets further out.