Wiki Posts
Search

Good engine for $200 or less.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
Lol, we were all little racer at one time including my self! Frankly that's the beauty of this sport. It can starts off as a hobby and then turn into a career or as in my case a business! Trust we though when I say that I'm still the little guy surounded by 300 pound gorillas but I'll never forget that the whole reason I got started with this business in the first place was because I was so unhappy with the support and service that I was getting from companies at the time! I'm not going to make the same mistake my self lol!!!
For the past season I have been running Go motors and love them but I have to admit after reading this guys posts over the past couple months with his professionalism and support for those who use his motors combined with the reviews form lots of drivers I think I have found my new mills for next season.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Hey Ron {aka Mr Werks} I have been a loyal customer of your power clutch, Have you done any testing with the clutch and B5 together? My plans are to purchase a couple of your B5's this winter for next season and be the first one up here in Alaska to run them. Just to add a note about the clutch. I run the carbon shoe's all season from April to October and only had to change shoe's out 3 times. With the stock shoe's I was going thru 6 or 7 sets a year.
Thanks Jim
Old 10-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by losi_alaska
Hey Ron {aka Mr Werks} I have been a loyal customer of your power clutch, Have you done any testing with the clutch and B5 together? My plans are to purchase a couple of your B5's this winter for next season and be the first one up here in Alaska to run them. Just to add a note about the clutch. I run the carbon shoe's all season from April to October and only had to change shoe's out 3 times. With the stock shoe's I was going thru 6 or 7 sets a year.
Thanks Jim
Hey Jim, Thankis for using our clutches! The Power Cluch works great with the B5. It's a pretty punchy engine so no need to run anything harder than the carbon shoes just like your doing now. I'd start off with the gold spring and the adjustment nut in about 1 to 1.5 turns in from flush, so about a thread showing. This should put you right in the ballpark of where you need to be! Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

I think I'm goin to get the B5 but a-main has them on back order. When I went on there today I noticed that they have the B3 on sale for 159.99. The Werks web site doesn't have the B5 on there so I can't compare them.

Can someone help me with some good and bad on this motor or should I just wait till the B5 is back in stock.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

The B3 is a 3 port engine. It has a lot of torque and will pull you out of the turns really hard but kind of lack top end. The B5 is a 5 port, it has almost as much bottom end grunt as a 3 port and almost as much top end as a 7 port. I think the B5 has better fuel mileage than either the 3 or the 7. It has balls down low and doesn't appear to struggle at all in the top speed department.

The B5 is a killer deal. $160 for a B3 is a sweet deal as well and I may pick one up in the future but for an all-around race motor I chose the B5.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Ok thanks, maybe I'll just wait for the B5 to come available again.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tate72
Ok thanks, maybe I'll just wait for the B5 to come available again.
You might want to back order one, we have a shipment en-route from ugLy now and will be sendig them some around the end of next week. They allways seem to sell out quickly though so getting in the que is definitely a good idea.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

You might want to back order one, we have a shipment en-route from ugLy now and will be sendig them some around the end of next week. They allways seem to sell out quickly though so getting in the que is definitely a good idea.

Lol, gotta love the iPhone! uGly= Italy!
Old 10-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Lol, gotta love the iPhone! uGly= Italy!

LOL!!! I do the same thing on mine.

Oh and thanks for the info.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroAmmo
Fantastic responses from Ron are the reason I bought my B5. It's a great engine, and for a guy to take time like he does to make the posts that he does, well I'm all for good customer service.
About Werks... I had a B7 Pro blow up on me at the 1 gallon mark (rear bearing failure). The guys from Werks took a look at it, reubilt it on warranty, and sent it back to me... no problem. Try and get that kind of service from OS...
Old 02-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Holy thread revival, batman....
Old 02-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by McFly505
Holy thread revival, batman....
+ 2
Old 02-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

orion discovery 5 port i think