Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi poor customer service :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
I like NR engines but I find that at rebuild time they gouge you so hard it's usually cheaper to buy a new engine.I called Fusion about a P/S for my 367+2 and they wanted 300 dollars for it.I know you can get them a little cheaper from other sources but they are still around 230 dollars. That is absolutly rediculous.About a 300% mark up.I also have two p5's that have broken mounting tabs that I truly believe was a molding problem as I have seen several others with the same problems.They wouldn't even talk about replacing it.Other brand motors that I run in the same truck have held up just fine.I'm not bashing these great motors but I will never deal with Fusion again as I feel they take advantage of there customers.Especially on replacement parts.I like the engines but have switched brands because of Fusions arrogant attitude toward their customers........Theads like these are essential to the hobby.Again,not bashing the engines,just the way I was treated by it's distributor.I challenge anyone to justify the price of NR replacement parts.
NR sets the prices and the euro is high dollar right now . the prices are coming down somehow on parts .

got two 367's for 235 each , you want em ?
Old 10-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The other thing that nobody seems to get is that because Fusion/NovaUSA (one in the same) has dealers; he's not going to undercut his dealers price-wise on parts (or anything).
Old 10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
I like NR engines but I find that at rebuild time they gouge you so hard it's usually cheaper to buy a new engine.I called Fusion about a P/S for my 367+2 and they wanted 300 dollars for it.I know you can get them a little cheaper from other sources but they are still around 230 dollars. That is absolutly rediculous.About a 300% mark up.I also have two p5's that have broken mounting tabs that I truly believe was a molding problem as I have seen several others with the same problems.They wouldn't even talk about replacing it.Other brand motors that I run in the same truck have held up just fine.I'm not bashing these great motors but I will never deal with Fusion again as I feel they take advantage of there customers.Especially on replacement parts.I like the engines but have switched brands because of Fusions arrogant attitude toward their customers........Theads like these are essential to the hobby.Again,not bashing the engines,just the way I was treated by it's distributor.I challenge anyone to justify the price of NR replacement parts.
What are you talking about? Every engine company's parts prices are high. Its either the same price or more than a new engine when it comes to replacement parts.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

really...o.s rod 35.00 rb rod 60.00...
Old 10-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam
Yeah, but if you were going to bet on which engine was going to last 11 gallons on the same rod used for break-in, would you bet on RB or O.S.?

I'd take both the $35 and the $60 and bet $95 on the RB.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

you do that...
Old 10-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by houston
NR sets the prices and the euro is high dollar right now . the prices are coming down somehow on parts .

got two 367's for 235 each , you want em ?
No,but thanks for the offer....Why was this engine and the 21+5 discontinued?The euro may be high but it's not that high.I bet Fusion never lowers the price. Any takers? I'm still waiting on that price justification.I respect H.E.S But I'll never own another NR because the mounting tabs break off..These motors cost too much to have that happen.I would love for someone to tell me why this is.Not trying to start a war.Just sick of 500 dollar paper weights.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Losi sells their 2.0 for $650 on their site. Amain (a dealer of losi) sells the kit for $530.

Fusion sells parts for $300 amain (a dealer of Fusion) sells parts for $240

I don't see the reason for complaining. Everything is more expensive buying direct from the company.

Fusion motorsports has been EXTREMELY good to me as has Monty Houston.
One day I was desperately looking for some carb o-rings (me carb had a torn ring) and couldn't find them anywhere locally for racing the same weekend. I called Fusion (which is right up the street form me ) and asked if I could drive to them and by some o-rings. Well the lady on the line said "well I can't sell you anything by walking in, but I could send you the o-rings." Hands down some of the best customer support an I have ever received from an engine company.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Speed motors are more likely to turn into a $500 paper weight from a broken case than the Nova's

My 5k never broke anything from the case. It died at 9 gallons because it was my first race engine and it took all the abuse of learning break in and tunning. Poor thing
Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default DELETE

I would guess the 367 and 21-5 were discontinued because of newer products. Just like they don't make the 1.0 losi buggy any more. I did break the mounting tabs off my 21-5, probably due to a loose screw and some chassis flex. I sent it to Chris at Fusion and it was returned with a good case. Also, what Nova off-road motor goes for $500. Somebody must have switch the price tag from an O.S.

It seems that this is just a thread dedicated to innacurate information and flaming reputable companies.

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE DELETE THIS GARBAGE!!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

There's no reason to delete this. It's a great learning experience.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Speed motors are more likely to turn into a $500 paper weight from a broken case than the Nova's

My 5k never broke anything from the case. It died at 9 gallons because it was my first race engine and it took all the abuse of learning break in and tunning. Poor thing
Thats interesting since my OS speed was used in the exact same truck(Mugen) and never broke or cracked.That engine was stolen or I would still be running it.I have four Nova Rossi's.Two with broken tabs and two that I can't afford to rebuild..Thats 1700 dollars worth pal.You would be pissed too......Monty mentioning his price was an obvious atempt to get this thread removed.Again, I like these engines but have a problem with Fusions customer service....I have said my piece.Answer the questions and I'll go away.....Maybe there should be a thread devoted to NR broken tabs.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blktransam
OS rods are $%Y^*@. One RB rod will out last 4 OS rods. And the Speed rod (decent) is expensive as well.

OS Speed: $500
Novarossi +4:$300

Peformance is about the same, but we all know which ones going to last longer.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

That is also interesting because I've seen busted Speeds, but no busted Nova's
Stuff happens bro.

I would be pissed if my stuff was stolen, everything else I just learned to just accept. These little toys get more abuse than any other racing vehicle on planet earth.

I mean 40,000 RPM'S come on. I'm impressed motors last as long as they do.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by camocowboy
I would guess the 367 and 21-5 were discontinued because of newer products. Just like they don't make the 1.0 losi buggy any more. I did break the mounting tabs off my 21-5, probably due to a loose screw and some chassis flex. I sent it to Chris at Fusion and it was returned with a good case. Also, what Nova off-road motor goes for $500. Somebody must have switch the price tag from an O.S.

It seems that this is just a thread dedicated to innacurate information and flaming reputable companies.

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE DELETE THIS GARBAGE!!!!
Special plus 2 edition.It came with pipe and manifold from Superior hobbies.$520 out the door.That engine was a badass..Funny how Monty can sell me the whole engine cheaper than I can buy a p/s for from A MAIN .I am not flaming anyone only relating my experience in a public forum. Maybe you got treated better because your sponsored by them. DUH!!! None of what I have said is innacurate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.