Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Realistic look

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Realistic look

Hats off to Losi for their new mini desert buggy!! I am not a Losi fan but that look great now if all the manufacturers would jump on board and start making all scales look real again. We have lost that appeal for performance but I think the technology is there to make it work. Just look at some of our kits they look nothing like what you see in Baja or Stadium racing!! I remeber when 1/8 buggies had steel roll cages they were heavy but looked awesome I would think with composite everything now we could make it work and look good at the same time. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Insane Nitro
Hats off to Losi for their new mini desert buggy!! I am not a Losi fan but that look great now if all the manufacturers would jump on board and start making all scales look real again. We have lost that appeal for performance but I think the technology is there to make it work. Just look at some of our kits they look nothing like what you see in Baja or Stadium racing!! I remeber when 1/8 buggies had steel roll cages they were heavy but looked awesome I would think with composite everything now we could make it work and look good at the same time. Just my 2 cents.
In the racing world it's function over form. Who cares how it looks as long as it's fast. I'd personally take performance any day over something that looks more like the goons with $100,000 sand rails ripping up the dunes.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Insane Nitro
I enjoy the scale look of rc. I wish the race vehicles were more that way.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Initiate

+1 on the scale look for me.

As we race these things performance is always going to be the deterring factor in there design. I'm sure if the manufactures really wanted they could make them look more like the scale equivalent, they just choose not to because its easier......
Old 09-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

It is 1/18 scale so maybe wrong forum? It looks great though.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Maybe I'm wrong but many get excited about these smaller scales only to buy them and then end up in the for sale thread a week later. Been there done that myself. MINI REVO for example.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I really like the scale look too. Just bought me a SC8 !