Brake Stalling Problem - Pls Help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brake Stalling Problem - Pls Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

ive got the same car, and had the same problem. when i would lightly tap the brakes it would get slower and slower, and t one point it would die. turns out i had the idle set on my radio, not the car and when i pushed the brakes, the radio put the throttle back to closed....
Old 09-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cordarrow
Originally posted on the RC8 thread:

"Funny you should ask....mounted my favorite Ofna flywheel and clutch...

Motor dies at every brake application...we tear it apart...put it together...tear it apart...put it on the ground...runs great until the brake kills it...tear it apart...aww, c'mon...we've got some hot buggy wheels tryin' to figure this out...how hard can it be???

Turns out the rear brake disc would contact the face of the flywheel when the brakes were applied...I could see it was close...so on the last of many dis assemblies I see the faintest black rub on the face of the flywheel...

As goofy as we are we were high fiving one another 'cause this was a tough one...LOL"
CORDARROW you pin pointed the problem. Brake disc was hitting flywheel, adjusted last night and running fine now.

I wouldnt have thought to check that unless you said. Thanks heaps!