Wiki Posts
Search

Hudy set-up

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ganymede
butch,

i like to read ur posts, very informative indeed! but can u write in paragraphs instead? it is PIA to read such a long post...
+1, your post gave me a seizure. My eyes got all tired then i started flopping around on the ground like a E truggy on the wrong channel.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
I knew someone that at one point had a rc8 rtr..... and he could destroy my buddy's x-ray, he always talked bad about the x-ray and would do little things to sabotage it.Now the tables are reversed and he seems to like the x-ray.I like the x-ray myself ..but i run an rc8 and I still crash the stew out of it and I have 0 problems....I can vouch for the durability of the rc8,I have a FT w/ m2c toe plates and king headz parts every where but the car is tough and the comfort level is almost luxury class.Now if I could just learn to drive. I used to have a buddy that would teach me but he moved away and joined team x-ray.
You do drive that poor car hard! I remember the time your driving really improved with the Rc8 so we pulled it off the track to see why. Wasn't it three bent shock shafts that was causing the problem!

Did you ever tell Grouchy that you were loosening his drivshaft setscrews on his XT8.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 09-07-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
You do drive that poor car hard! I remember the time your driving really improved with the Rc8 so we pulled it off the track to see why. Wasn't it three bent shock shafts that was causing the problem!
haterism, lol! we could go on for months. the hudy setup station works great and i'm glad i bought it. it makes precise adjustments on my not so precise rc8b, lol. jason, i'm going to start breaking in my v-spud next week, seriously!
Old 09-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Well I hope next month they have a Moogen conrod for tha amain winner. At least you'll get to use P3 plugs!

.....and bearings, and a carb, and a block

Actually my BOB 09 deosn't hold its setting very well, camber and droop are off every time it hits the stand. Even if I haven't driven it! I'm letting the car sit on my practice tires during storage instead of on the starter box. Maybe I'm bending my "Hudy flex tuned racing suspension arms" from hanging on the box. Allthough theyre still straight. Maybe my settings just needed settleing.

I did notice its useless to set droop if you put new screws in the bottom of the car. New screws stick out and make the car sit unlevel on the droop blocks. You have to run the car till those screws are worn flat. (or beltsander)

Last edited by Zerodefect; 09-07-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Tallyram what I was refering to with the list was #1 a few posts up you said you decided against the 808 based off your experience with the xt8 truck that shares almost no parts with the 808 & the xb8tq,agian nothing like the 808. That would be like judging the mbx6 against my mbx5r & mbx5t total redesign & share no parts but screws.

#2 was again stating that I dont judge the newest version of the AE car by the one I owned simply because the people that showed me theirs at the track pointed out the parts I had problems with have been updated like the shocks that dont fall apart or break now & upper front arms that dont snap so often.

#3 as for the 2.0 I had problems with, those same problems are still happening.Dogbone pin wear is still severe,diff ring & pinions still stripping,bearings blow out much faster than I find acceptable & start with too much tollerance,massive slop in suspention after 1 tank,servo saver problems,T/B servo problems,hinge pins bending in what I consider a minor tap relative to other brands to just name the things off the top of my head that I see regularly at the track.

#4 is simply stating in as straight forward way that what ever car people buy these day they it is almost never the limiting factor.The drivers talent is what determines the lap times not the car. I was not directing any of these statments at you other than the general idea that you cant judge version 2 of any brand car by experiences with version 1 of that car. I understand you felt let down by the X-rays you have owned & thats unfortunate but the one I drive now has never let me down in the last 20 gallons unlike other brands that gave me the same feelings you have now.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
+1, your post gave me a seizure. My eyes got all tired then i started flopping around on the ground like a E truggy on the wrong channel.
*pheeeeewwww* i thought i am the only one...