Wiki Posts
Search

Tire glue

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Losi glue is not your problem. We use it and glue several hundreds of set per month without issue.

I'm sure other glues are good as well. But I'm sure it's not the glue.
X2, this is the only glue i use. works great for me
Old 09-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Muchmore or AKA are the best glue's i have used by far. AKA is much easier for me to get so i use that and love it never have an issue. Just like all AKA's products its top notch.

Personally i never had any luck with losi glue, i had to have bad batches of the stuff because i have used the same prep/cleaning method for 3 years and the losi stuff never seemed to stick right no matter how much curing time i gave it. So for guys to to tell him its not the glue......well it quite possibly could be.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've been using Zap for over 15 years and have no reason to change. I do zero prep work (unless something needs a little trimming) and I've never lost a bead.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

AKA all the way. It's been some of the best glue I've used so far and I've pretty much tried them all with mixed results. One I haven't tried yet is the Lucky 7 brand but heard all good things about there products so when this bottle of AKA glue is finished I'm going to try so of there glue.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyper7vspec
Muchmore or AKA are the best glue's i have used by far. AKA is much easier for me to get so i use that and love it never have an issue. Just like all AKA's products its top notch.

Personally i never had any luck with losi glue, i had to have bad batches of the stuff because i have used the same prep/cleaning method for 3 years and the losi stuff never seemed to stick right no matter how much curing time i gave it. So for guys to to tell him its not the glue......well it quite possibly could be.
strange, I have used it for years and years without issue. but your correct it possibly could be the glue, but lets not rule out the method of gluing. So it seems as if after several different bottles of losi glue no matter what you could not get it to stick regardless of what you tried?

It's always the glue though right? lol...

If my tire blows off thats what I'm gonna say...for sure
Old 09-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

glue storage could be something to consider also....if you leave any bottle of CA out for more then a couple hours it Will effect the glue in one way or another....i store all my glue's in my mini bar fridge which keep's it fresh a LOT longer.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

What I use- Any Glue-Preferably AKA

Grab AKA Wheel-(Smile)
Dremel the rim bead section to roughen it up
Grab AKA Tyre-(Grin)-If Proline-spend 10 mins removing bits of flashing...
Admire 0 Flashing's on bead-And slightly scuff
Clean rim and tyre with Swarfega
Let-Dry -Clean Hands
Grab Tyre+aka foam/ rim-test fit
Pull on JConcepts tyre bands glue-1 side leave 30 mins..
Repeat on 2nd side
After 1 hr check and Do any touch ups..

D O N E!

I Next to never have any tyre's come loose.. I check after every run.. and Ideally leave them 12 hrs after glueing to set really good before use.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
strange, I have used it for years and years without issue. but your correct it possibly could be the glue, but lets not rule out the method of gluing. So it seems as if after several different bottles of losi glue no matter what you could not get it to stick regardless of what you tried?

It's always the glue though right? lol...

If my tire blows off thats what I'm gonna say...for sure
Hahaha its allways the glue

Yes had about 3 bottles of glue all at different time and they never seemed to stick. I allways clean bead and rim thouroughly.

Just a thought, the glue may have been stored incorrectly at the hobby shop?? Or could have been sittin on the shelf for a while, i would guess this would effect it.

Im not trying in anyway to say it does not work for you but in my experience i just didnt have any luck.

cheers mate
Old 09-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
What I use- Any Glue-Preferably AKA

Grab AKA Wheel-(Smile)
Dremel the rim bead section to roughen it up
Grab AKA Tyre-(Grin)-If Proline-spend 10 mins removing bits of flashing...
Admire 0 Flashing's on bead-And slightly scuff
Clean rim and tyre with Swarfega
Let-Dry -Clean Hands
Grab Tyre+aka foam/ rim-test fit
Pull on JConcepts tyre bands glue-1 side leave 30 mins..
Repeat on 2nd side
After 1 hr check and Do any touch ups..

D O N E!

I Next to never have any tyre's come loose.. I check after every run.. and Ideally leave them 12 hrs after glueing to set really good before use.
In that time i could have 4 full sets of tires glued and ready to use (no matter the brand),, and i promise you the tire would rip in half before the bead would come loose.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Yea, But Im not a racer that can afford to buy loads of tyres ect.. I would have 1 maybe 2 sets of rubber for a meeting.. But If I have to do 4-5 I would obviously do it quicker.. As I only get throught 4 sets roughly a month max.. I dont need to rush them.. as I probally race only once maybe twice a month.. not ever other weekend.. but yea, you can do loads of sets in that time.. its all prefrence in the way you do it
Old 09-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
Yea, But Im not a racer that can afford to buy loads of tyres ect.. I would have 1 maybe 2 sets of rubber for a meeting.. But If I have to do 4-5 I would obviously do it quicker.. As I only get throught 4 sets roughly a month max.. I dont need to rush them.. as I probally race only once maybe twice a month.. not ever other weekend.. but yea, you can do loads of sets in that time.. its all prefrence in the way you do it
i don't use that many tires either, i was just giving an example of how fast tires can be glued, and that all that prep work is a waste of time... all you need is fresh quality glue. but hey to each their own....
Old 09-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

from what ive seen Rushing the glueing process normally leads to mistakes like a slightly raised bead from not setting the bead EXACTLY where it needs to be all the way to glue finger prints all over the rim and tire...i personally Do not like glueing at the track....i do it at home when i have time and am not being rushed by the clock or other racer's who need my attention....but it is personal preference in the end...do it as you please.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

At The Speed Shop, no matter the tire we always prep. Some of these guys saying no prep I have seen prepping tires at the national level races.

At any rate, on losi tires I wipe with the tire with cleaner and the rim. Glue, and install tire band. Glue is dry by the time I'm ready to flip.

Proline is the same.

Panther has a dirty mold release it seems, so we spend a little extra time cleaning/prepping.

I can usually prep/glue a set in 8-10 minutes if needed. A lot of times we have up to(at this point) 200-300 sets of tires in a month to glue so you gotta get going but still provide a good service.

The last thing you want is a tire coming unmounted, so a little prep goes a long way. I like losi glue(blue) because it works great and is just the right thickness for me.

Guys, check out my speed shop thread on here, we got a deal going on free mount and balance(glue extra) as a september special/promotion deal for the shop...
Old 09-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
from what ive seen Rushing the glueing process normally leads to mistakes like a slightly raised bead from not setting the bead EXACTLY where it needs to be all the way to glue finger prints all over the rim and tire...i personally Do not like glueing at the track....i do it at home when i have time and am not being rushed by the clock or other racer's who need my attention....but it is personal preference in the end...do it as you please.
who said anything about rushing..... thats just how long it takes me.... i just punch holes and go... 5 mins a tire to punch holes and glue. If GLUING took me all day i wouldn't like doing it at the track either..
Old 09-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

jp, where do you race at?

Do you own a company of some type?

later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.