Wiki Posts
Search

Another Losi 8ight T 2.0 Thread :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
Go with the ready to run. We have a guy at our track that has the rtr 2.0 buggy and truggy and he is one of the fastest guys every week. YOU lose a little bit in guality but for the $$ and what you get you can not beat it.
Yea, I figure I can get the rtr and learn a lot. Then later, start replacing the servos, and go from there. Theres ALWAYS going to be something better or faster out there, but the rtr will get me out there and learning. And i've seen stock RTR Losi's outrun modded truggies at the track lately, so it looks to be a pretty fast and reliable platform. (once you replace the throttle servo I guess)
Old 09-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bennny
Yea, I figure I can get the rtr and learn a lot. Then later, start replacing the servos, and go from there. Theres ALWAYS going to be something better or faster out there, but the rtr will get me out there and learning. And i've seen stock RTR Losi's outrun modded truggies at the track lately, so it looks to be a pretty fast and reliable platform. (once you replace the throttle servo I guess)
I wouldn't bother replacing that out of the get-go, just get it set up right from the very beginning. You can always replace it later if it does die or if you just get an itch for better parts. The latter happens to most of us.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Initiate

I just picked up a 2.0 RTR 2 weeks ago, my first truggy. After breaking it in, i noticed that the throttle *servo* wasn't moving smoothly so i replaced it and while i was at it i replaced the steering *servo*.

Those are the only changes I made. I took it to a local race on Sunday and took 4th in the A-Main, this truck as a RTR is fast and durable, nothing has broken and I've put about a gallon of fuel through it.

Buy it, you won't regret it.

Last edited by RLight; 09-03-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Echelon
Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RLight
I just picked up a 2.0 RTR 2 weeks ago, my first truggy. After breaking it in, i noticed that the throttle server wasn't moving smoothly so i replaced it and while i was at it i replaced the steering server.

Those are the only changes I made. I took it to a local race on Sunday and took 4th in the A-Main, this truck as a RTR is fast and durable, nothing has broken and I've put about a gallon of fuel through it.

Buy it, you won't regret it.
Its a Servo not a server

ur welcome...
Old 09-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Echelon
Its a Servo not a server

ur welcome...
work/forum... my brain isn't keeping up.