R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Jammin X2 CR (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/319149-jammin-x2-cr.html)

beta bob 08-11-2009 07:03 PM

Jammin X2 CR

Hey guys im about to buy one of these But why doesn't there seem to be a thread and if there is how come no one posts in it? is this a good buggy or what? i mean taylor james and chad bradley seem to still be doing good and it is the worlds warm up winner and TQ

bigmatt 08-11-2009 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by beta bob (Post 6192676)
Hey guys im about to buy one of these But why doesn't there seem to be a thread and if there is how come no one posts in it? is this a good buggy or what? i mean taylor james and chad bradley seem to still be doing good and it is the worlds warm up winner and TQ

do not spend the money on this. If you are going to spend that type of money get an xray 808 2009, losi 2.0 or even better the rtr version. It comes with everything except battery's. or a mbx6. I own a jammin x-2 worst product ofna has put out ever. You will need to upgrade the shock towers right away. then the chassis braces. and the front plate. The chassis flexes so bad all the major carbon fiber parts go right away. also you will need to stock up on the bolts that hold front shock mounts on. you crash they bend. so will the center dog bones and cups. If your lucky they will make it 2 gallons max.If you are getting a used one for a kick ass deal and can afford to put another 200.00 into it they do drive nice. there is a thread here I will try to figure out how to get you there.any other que's pm me and I will try to help.

bigmatt 08-11-2009 07:17 PM

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...-x2-buggy.html

try that

beta bob 08-11-2009 07:25 PM

Wow what a soul crusher. Hha jk but seriously thank you for warning me i already have an engine/pipe servos and radio i just need a roller and im going with the 8ight 2.0 now thanks for saving me:nod:

underway 08-11-2009 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by bigmatt (Post 6192740)
do not spend the money on this. If you are going to spend that type of money get an xray 808 2009, losi 2.0 or even better the rtr version. It comes with everything except battery's. or a mbx6. I own a jammin x-2 worst product ofna has put out ever. You will need to upgrade the shock towers right away. then the chassis braces. and the front plate. The chassis flexes so bad all the major carbon fiber parts go right away. also you will need to stock up on the bolts that hold front shock mounts on. you crash they bend. so will the center dog bones and cups. If your lucky they will make it 2 gallons max.If you are getting a used one for a kick ass deal and can afford to put another 200.00 into it they do drive nice. there is a thread here I will try to figure out how to get you there.any other que's pm me and I will try to help.

One GUYS Experience... This buggy is the truth... durable, fast and can get you to the top if YOU have the skills.

beta bob 08-11-2009 07:58 PM

See i do have the skills but they have only been tested on on road this will be my first ever off roadrc and i want it to be a great experience not a break every race i join. This happened to me three years ago and got a tc4 and it broke a lot and got me so frustrated i quit rc for a year but then when back to nitro and all is good

romax 08-11-2009 08:01 PM

Huh. That's odd my son has the x2 & it is great. Just finished 3rd in pro buggy amain sat. w/ a 60 dollar backup engine. He also races mx & sometimes drives the buggy like it's a 250f. Tries some crazy jump combinations that when he misses it's a violent crash. haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood)

bigmatt 08-12-2009 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by romax (Post 6192997)
Huh. That's odd my son has the x2 & it is great. Just finished 3rd in pro buggy amain sat. w/ a 60 dollar backup engine. He also races mx & sometimes drives the buggy like it's a 250f. Tries some crazy jump combinations that when he misses it's a violent crash. haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood)

that's why I was wondering if I got a lemon? mine you land to hard and one of the center drive shafts bends. I ended up ordering the updated one's. I should put together a list of parts#'s that I have had to switch out. It's almost like I have a weak chassis it flexes so much. I was thinking of putting in the brace bar off of the x2crt. But if I had to do it all over again it would be the losi 2.0 rtr. I have always owned ofna products only because of their durability. I still have one of the original lx-pro's that came out right before the first hyper7. I have well over 20 gallons on it and have only broken 1 front lower shock arm and the front tower bent.

Fastburn 08-12-2009 08:58 AM

I raced Xray for 2 years and this is my first year in a Jammin. The Xray was a great car, but the drive line was in need of constant attention to keep it running smooth. The X2 has things that you need to stay on top of, but I do not think it is any more work than any other car. I have bent one drive shaft, but that was after a full speed collision at the end of the back straight.
I like both cars, and find they both excel in different areas

Joe_Racer 08-12-2009 11:25 AM

Try this thread, it is the one that was started when the X2 came out and it has lots of the Pro's setups in it.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...-cr-buggy.html

The X2 is an excellent buggy and except for the carbon shock towers is very good out of the box, and, I have seen the carbon shock towers on other brands break just as fast. You really only need those if you are looking to make the car as lite as possible. Last time I saw Chad's car he was running the new aluminum ones.

Manufacturercup 08-12-2009 11:33 AM

Wow that was pretty harsh post by bigmatt. I think that anyone that owns any of Jammins products will tell you that it is one of the most durable cars on the market! (other than bigmatt lol). I will tell you this, if you hit something hard enough something will break no matter what car you are driving. I have no clue what Bigmatt is saying about the carbon fiber and bolts and such. Lots of Jammins up here and I haven’t seen anybody with those problems. To say that any RTR would be better than the Jammin X2 is crazy! Especially in durability. but everyone has there opinions, just dont judge a product by one guy.

bigmatt 08-12-2009 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup (Post 6195892)
Wow that was pretty harsh post by bigmatt. I think that anyone that owns any of Jammins products will tell you that it is one of the most durable cars on the market! (other than bigmatt lol). I will tell you this, if you hit something hard enough something will break no matter what car you are driving. I have no clue what Bigmatt is saying about the carbon fiber and bolts and such. Lots of Jammins up here and I haven’t seen anybody with those problems. To say that any RTR would be better than the Jammin X2 is crazy! Especially in durability. but everyone has there opinions, just dont judge a product by one guy.

the guy I thought was just starting out, or so he made it seem. that's why I suggested the losi 2.0 rtr.AS far as my x-2 I am not getting any where near the life of the parts most of you are experiencing. So what I did was to get the upgraded kings headz chassis braces[front is from x1cr,rear is from x1crt] then the front top plate,fr/rear towers and last the new x-2 center drive bones/cvd's? In my mind I thought it would be more durable then what it is. But with carbonfiber parts your right, the weakest point breaks. The cups wearing out so fast really surprised me. And it's not that I hate the car. I just assumed because it was ofna/jammin it would take super abuse.

shanty140 08-12-2009 01:45 PM

Jammin right now has taking off at our track. People are changing from Losi, Hot Bodies etc to Jammin. From what most people are saying is that it`s more forgiving then the others. From what it seems the other brands have the capability of having faster lap times. But where a Losi or Hot Bodies would get into trouble and cause a slow lap time. The Jammin would be able to get out of and still pull a good lap.

last 08-12-2009 03:01 PM

+1 on forgiving

I am running a X2 Crt and the only problem ive had is the lower a arm I broke running into a railroad tie at WOT. Very durable very easy to maintain and very forgiving especially for the heavy fisted.:batman:

JUD 08-12-2009 05:40 PM

I bought an x1 last year and converted it to an x2 this year. I never broke anything on the x1. The x2 is just as durable. My only gripe is the butter-soft chassis. It doesn't last too long, but I didn't realize you can get replacement chassis on ebay for cheap!!:nod: