Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Collapsible Handtruck...  plan to use it to haul all my truggy gear. >

Collapsible Handtruck... plan to use it to haul all my truggy gear.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Collapsible Handtruck... plan to use it to haul all my truggy gear.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default Collapsible Handtruck... plan to use it to haul all my truggy gear.

I'm tired of carrying gear to and from the track, so I bought this jumpo collapsible handtruck from redbirdhandtrucks.com. Here's a few pics. This is everything except table, tent and truggy. I'm sure I can get my truggy on there too with bungee cords. I also plan to buy a roomier and more square shaped tote than the one pictured here [on the bottom]. I'll post follow up pics of the final results. Nonetheless, the nose plate is 23 x 15, so everything pictured stays put, regardless. The truck handle is adjustable and the rear handles are collapsible. The best part is that this handtruck fits in my car or trunk.

Note: I should add that the "Rock N Roller Equipment Multi Cart" appears to be a better solution if you have a truck or trailer. Redbird sells it too or google it for the best price. I didn't go with it b/c it doesn't fully collapse like the jumbo handtruck.

Last edited by wriffwraff; 08-04-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looks nice but really need a version with bigger/better tires for tracks without paved lots.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

looks pretty nice, i use this: http://www.ruralking.com/king-kong-a...e-job-box.html

use it more for when i'm racing carpet in the winter. got all my battery boxes, chargers, motor boxes, solder station, radio, 4 10th scale carpet cars, an 18th scale carpet car, and parts all in that will some room to spare
Old 08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i just bought one very similar to this one. i love it. holds 150lbs, and the wheels work very good on any surface.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cLaWz
Looks nice but really need a version with bigger/better tires for tracks without paved lots.
Yeah, I agree with you. However, this truck has 8 inch semi-pneumatic wheels, so it should be decent enough on unpaved lots. I'll post back trackside results.

Again, an alternative would be the " Rock n' Roller " collapsible cart as previously mentioned. They have many different models, but I've accessed that [for me] the "R8" model is the best of the bunch. I would've went with it, but the wheels do not collapse, so it's a bit too bulky to fit in my car or trunk with my gear..

Here's the best option for collapsible hand trucks. This one has pneumatic wheels: http://www.handtrucks.com/hand-truck...over&tid=broad It's exactly like the one I have. Unfortunately it's $250.00. The one I have was $134.00 [shipped]. The track will tell, however, if necessary, maybe I can pimp it out with pneumatic wheels as money and time allows (?)

Anyway, at least I no longer have to walk my gear back and forth. It was ridiculous. So much so, I didn't even want to run my truggy b/c I figured I'd wait until I had the handtruck.

Note: I can use it for hauling other stuff as well. I used it to haul my work gear this morning. I plan to use it to haul my next big walmart run [tote and bungee's to contain it all]

Last edited by wriffwraff; 08-05-2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

woah, i got mine for $30 at costco!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
woah, i got mine for $30 at costco!
$30.00? Please prove it with a link and pic. Also, you stated 150 lb capacity... this one has a 440 lb capacity. Anyway, I posted all this for others that may be searching or shopping for a solution. As far as collapsible handtrucks go, this one is prolly' the best value.

Note: The wheels bolt on and off and I just found reasonable priced replacement pneumatic wheels @ handtrucks.com for $19.99 each http://www.handtrucks.com/hand-truck...wheel.cfm#tabs. So, odds are, if you'd like, you can run 8 or maybe even 10 inch off-road wheels on it. You just have to make sure you get the correct axle size. Keep in mind, pneumatic wheels tend to go flat. So, if the stock semi-pneumatic wheels work, I prolly' won't change them.

Last edited by wriffwraff; 08-05-2009 at 04:57 AM.