sorry about your bad luck but I must say buyer beware
for the most part not all ppl selling on eBay are scandelles
I personally will not buy off eBay for just that reason
Old 07-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default thanks paul

Originally Posted by Lonestar
yeah that's the part I'm missing here - where does he say he bought it used????

Additionnally, remember one doesn't buy FROM ebay, one buys FROM someone (shop or individual) VIA ebay... which is no different from buying from the same someone (shop or individual) VIA internet or VIA the phone or VIA (let's be old school here) sending a postal letter or (shit, let's be crazy!) taking the car and drive all the way to the LHS (isn't that NUTS???? ). Ebay is just a platform that puts buyers and sellers in touch via internet and that uses an auctionning system. Stormer sells via ebay if I ain't mistaken. Atomichobbies does the same. RCBoyz ditto. and the list goes on and on.

If the motor was bought new, in the US, from a US distro approved retailer, whether it was via ebay or via any other mean, I think it's completely unfair that the local importer says they don't want to hear about it.

Of course, if it's sourced from the gray market it's completely different... let alone if it was bought used

Paul
THANKS PAUL!

u at least have the capacity to understand how i feel.

ebay or not i have the receipt but the A$$hole in ofna/picco dont want to hear/ help. he was very rude and unhelpful.

the guys at cml (local distributor) were keen to fix the engine , but mines from the states BRAND new,

anyway i have go,rb , sirio, and from the local pros here i realise picco are not reliable worse when i have been let down from the manufacturer
Old 07-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muaythai
THANKS PAUL!

u at least have the capacity to understand how i feel.

ebay or not i have the receipt but the A$$hole in ofna/picco dont want to hear/ help. he was very rude and unhelpful.

the guys at cml (local distributor) were keen to fix the engine , but mines from the states BRAND new,

anyway i have go,rb , sirio, and from the local pros here i realise picco are not reliable worse when i have been let down from the manufacturer

Picco's are fantastic engines..... However it sounds like you got a bad bearing.... it sucks about the circumstances tho.... I have talked with the tech's at OFNA before and they were less then helpful to me as well....they were not helpful and would not acknowledge that the carbs on the Picco's have leakage issues..hell one tech tried arguing with me that the 28 was indeed a 9 port engine when its really only a 5 port......anyways its too bad about the way things have gone, but i can assure there is nothing wrong with Picco's, a bad bearing could and does happen to every manufacturer.....
Old 07-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would call OFNA back, and speak to a different tech... I noticed they have some real jackasses working there as well as they have some decent guys...you must have gotten a jackass when you called and he is being too lazy to make a case file.... talk to a different rep and you have a good chance of getting a different resolution......to me its seems like alot of their warranty is left up to the tech's discretion, some guys are douchebags, some guys are actually good guys willing to help
Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Initiate

You wanted cheap, you bought from Ebay, got troubles? too bad... Next time buy locally, support your local resellers and even if you pay a little more you will have or will be able to expect decent support for your product.

All these internet sales are killing local business which are the ones supporting your hobby locally.

If you have a problem with a product bought on internet, complain to the shop you bought it from not to the manufacturer.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If Piccos are such bad motors, how did they win the TC worlds? Not to mention the 1/8th Pre-Worlds. I realize that's onroad but the materials and tooling are the same. You got a bad bearing, that really sucks but Picco didn't make the bearing and they use the same kind of bearing everyone else does. It could happen to any motor.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R1RCR
You wanted cheap, you bought from Ebay, got troubles? too bad... Next time buy locally, support your local resellers and even if you pay a little more you will have or will be able to expect decent support for your product.

All these internet sales are killing local business which are the ones supporting your hobby locally.

If you have a problem with a product bought on internet, complain to the shop you bought it from not to the manufacturer.
what a bunch of nonsense. I try to buy local, but sometimes I do buy on the internet. Resellers are resellers, it doesn't matter how you get a product, the box stays sealed from Ofna all the way to you. Where you buy it shouldn't affect warranty
Old 07-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by spawn_x
what a bunch of nonsense. I try to buy local, but sometimes I do buy on the internet. Resellers are resellers, it doesn't matter how you get a product, the box stays sealed from Ofna all the way to you. Where you buy it shouldn't affect warranty
I must agree - Whether or not it was bought from somewhere local, it is still the product, as it is, as it was packaged and shipped from the manufacturer. Where it's sold doesn't matter - It's still a brand new Picco product, and if there is a warranty, then there is no good reason as to not repair it.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Please elaborate on how you tend to argue with me and when we do not warranty items on E-bay just we state on our site we've had issues in the past of changed over parts and items handled through e-bay as 3rd party nor beyond North America, and please let them know on how you seem to cuss me out them try to hang up in my face, but I cannot tolerate the first cuss word that comes out of a persons mouth so the phone gets the hang up before you finish. Sorry that you got duped from buying from e-bay but there's nothing I can do with it.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Honestly if someone buys a product and calls with an issue its you job to hear them out wether they swear or not.
Would be nice if us that work in the real world could just not talk to a customer/ boss because we didnt like there language.
Must be nice to have a god complex over toy cars(and baby bumpers OFNAs true calling)
Old 07-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
Honestly if someone buys a product and calls with an issue its you job to hear them out wether they swear or not.
Would be nice if us that work in the real world could just not talk to a customer/ boss because we didnt like there language.
Must be nice to have a god complex over toy cars(and baby bumpers OFNAs true calling)

That's just ridiculous! The customer service rep did not make, nor sell you the engine. Nobody has any right to curse at or belittle another person for any reason other than bodily harm to them or a loved one. I would have hung up on him also..and if he was in front of me, I would have kicked him in the ass!!

Polite and respectful gets you allot lot further in this world than rude and nasty
Old 07-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jaz240
That's just ridiculous! The customer service rep did not make, nor sell you the engine. Nobody has any right to curse at or belittle another person for any reason other than bodily harm to them or a loved one. I would have hung up on him also..and if he was in front of me, I would have kicked him in the ass!!

Polite and respectful gets you allot lot further in this world than rude and nasty
Amen brother!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
Please elaborate on how you tend to argue with me and when we do not warranty items on E-bay just we state on our site we've had issues in the past of changed over parts and items handled through e-bay as 3rd party nor beyond North America, and please let them know on how you seem to cuss me out them try to hang up in my face, but I cannot tolerate the first cuss word that comes out of a persons mouth so the phone gets the hang up before you finish. Sorry that you got duped from buying from e-bay but there's nothing I can do with it.
I will say though, I have spoken to DJ a few times when troubleshooting and sending my Picco, and he/the other Ofna techs were awesome to deal with (though I did buy my picco locally)

Bummer though I guess...
Old 07-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You guys make me laugh, lets all hold each others hand while we cross the street and watch out for the mean people who swear to help describe things.
mabey Rc is just a traget for overgrown children who live in gumdrop houses on lollipop lane.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
You guys make me laugh, lets all hold each others hand while we cross the street and watch out for the mean people who swear to help describe things.
mabey Rc is just a traget for overgrown children who live in gumdrop houses on lollipop lane.
Yeah, sure, right dude. So if I buy something from you and I'm not happy with it, what's more likely to get you to give me a refund? Politely describing the problem and asking for some help or calling you a lying, cheating mf and a hole?

Try calling up the cable company or anyone else and cuss them out. They will hang up on you in a heartbeat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.