Wiki Posts
Search

i loose low end power after warm up..

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default run times

As far as nitro engines running a long period of time. I have ran my own engines 2-3 hrs at A time without even turning them off. I am currently running GRP engines and as long as your tune is close temps should stay consistence. I pretty much only run on tracks so it is a little different then running wide open down the street or across the field multiple times. On a track your off & on the throttle much more.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well.. the new piston and sleeve are in.

when i turned it over by hand, right after the rebuild, felt tight as normal.. once i started it up for the 1st time, and ran it for maybe 60 seconds.. it felt incredibly tight.

this morning i ran 1 tank through at idle. 160 degree's.

2nd tank at idle was closer to 170.

then.. i putted around the street.. maybe 1/4- 1/2 RPM the whole time.. got it to 180-190.

then put the wild tune on the 4th tank or so.

of course i waited in between tanks, and always let the motor cool down with pistons at the bottom.

its running good, and my HSN is right on point.. but i did notice just before i came in the last tank, i was getting the same sluggish bottom end, so it must be my LSN.

so im going to have to research that LSN tune technique.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

start it up an let it warm up for a bit an when its running temp pinch the fuel line around 3to4 inches away from the carb if it is tuned right on the bottow end it should take around 4 to 5 seconds for the engine to start to rev up like its running out of fuel
Old 07-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

will do.

now.. what kind of symptoms will i have if i had a engine leak? with heat.. the hotter the engine gets, metals expand. so i would think a leak that might be possible.. might go away with the expanded metal of a hot engine? right?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cjhorne
start it up an let it warm up for a bit an when its running temp pinch the fuel line around 3to4 inches away from the carb if it is tuned right on the bottow end it should take around 4 to 5 seconds for the engine to start to rev up like its running out of fuel
if i pinch the line, and it instantly speeds up.. its lean?

i would think the longer the delay... more fuel present to run.. means its richer than i have it now.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

yes if it starts to rev up as soon as you pinch it its lean richen it up around a turn on the bottom and try that process again