Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think of traxxas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool What do you think of traxxas?

post what you think of traxxas, and why you like it or dislike it....
Traxxas only....
Old 06-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

......Caters to the bashers where the money is at. When they make a competation 1/10 or 1/8 buggy or truggy I will see them in a different way. But when they are still updating the T-Maxx and Rustler (16 years old) that's when I really think are they just in it for the money.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

They are most certainly just in it for the money, but for a total Newbie getting your first ever Nitro car, I would surely say my experience with Traxxas was just what I needed. 1999 got my first Nitro (T-Maxx) ease of opening the package and having fun was exactly what I needed to start out with. DVD instructions, detailed engine break in, lots of instructions on air filter maintenance and after run procedures for the engine, etc, etc. Traxxas is still the easiest cars to start (push a damn button) and the engine was super easy to tune with detailed tuning instructions. I had many hours of enjoyment without all the hassles that come with competition kits and engines. As things broke, I upgraded to RPM and Integy stuff, and by the time I was done I had a $4000 T-maxx (which was sold for $300) I learned allot from that truck and loved it so much I bought their 4 tec, and Jato, before I switched to 8 scale buggies. Traxxas taught me allot about Nitro RC both on and off road...That being said their vehicles are useless on a track, and break easily..but parts are cheep and plentiful and easily upgraded..In conclusion I would say if you just want to open the box and have fun..definately buy Traxxas..if you think you may ever want to race, or even just run on a track..look elsewhere
Old 06-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
They are most certainly just in it for the money, but for a total Newbie getting your first ever Nitro car, I would surely say my experience with Traxxas was just what I needed. 1999 got my first Nitro (T-Maxx) ease of opening the package and having fun was exactly what I needed to start out with. DVD instructions, detailed engine break in, lots of instructions on air filter maintenance and after run procedures for the engine, etc, etc. Traxxas is still the easiest cars to start (push a damn button) and the engine was super easy to tune with detailed tuning instructions. I had many hours of enjoyment without all the hassles that come with competition kits and engines. As things broke, I upgraded to RPM and Integy stuff, and by the time I was done I had a $4000 T-maxx (which was sold for $300) I learned allot from that truck and loved it so much I bought their 4 tec, and Jato, before I switched to 8 scale buggies. Traxxas taught me allot about Nitro RC both on and off road...That being said their vehicles are useless on a track, and break easily..but parts are cheep and plentiful and easily upgraded..In conclusion I would say if you just want to open the box and have fun..definately buy Traxxas..if you think you may ever want to race, or even just run on a track..look elsewhere
+1
Old 06-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Very well said! My first nitro was also a T-maxx. They are good for a first vehicle, but nothing else.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

traxxas makes a good product they may not be a high
end race buggy/truggy but one can bash around for a
little cash out of pocket i have a great time racing my
slash and yes the rx cost almost as much as the truck
but traxxas gets ppl in to the Hobbie at a low cost
they are like the dope dealer of the rc world
they get you hooked and it goes up from there
Old 06-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary
traxxas makes a good product they may not be a high
end race buggy/truggy but one can bash around for a
little cash out of pocket i have a great time racing my
slash and yes the rx cost almost as much as the truck
but traxxas gets ppl in to the Hobbie at a low cost
they are like the dope dealer of the rc world
they get you hooked and it goes up from there

There great for sparking outsiders interest getting them into the hobby.My first rc was a 1/10 cox elec but my first nitro rc were a traxxas nitro 4tec and T-MaxBut would probably never buy another.I allso dont get the unlimited monster trucks with all the problemes and breakages looks like the revos are the most expensive to race.TRUGGY?????
Old 06-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i love my slash

but one thing i didnt like about traxxas is there 3.3 motors. they wouldnt hold a tune. i went thru traxxas trucks like i was a rc slut LOL, at one time i had 3 revos,2 jatos,sport, 4 tec, and a tmaxx. got into racing all were sold now only traxxas truck i have is a slash, but its dieing out here since sc10 came out, so it may be a basher now(cant wait for dune season )
Old 06-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think any sort of Trxxas Nitro is a waste of money..... They break so much and require so many hoppups that they become money pits... IMO a person will be much better off just buying a truggy.......
Old 06-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Traxxas is a Marketing firm that happens to make glass jawed r/c vehicles
Old 06-15-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Best description I've ever read of how the company operates. Brill.

For the others, remember that back in the days, ie 15 years ago, traxxas's TRX-1 was right up there with AE's RC10 Team car and even the B2 for a couple of years... granted, the company's focus has shifted a tiny bit since but there is some race heritage to the brand

Paul
Old 06-15-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

I have worked in a Hobby shop for a few years, now where Im from San Francisco - there is no such thing as Traxxas. But after moving to Colorado and have seen it - TRAXXAS is big. They are not made for the seasoned RACER, nor do they claim to be. They have no sponsored drivers. the REVO is a awsome truck that was breed for racing and did very well, but now with the indroduction of truggies, fewer andf fewer tracks are runnin an MT class, so I think that why they came out with the Summit. Revo was my first BIG off road nitro and it was fun intill I got a 8T. Traxxas stuff is difficult to work on becasue this was a deal between traxxas and the dealer to get you to spend more at you LHS to fix it. And each of traxxas vehicles have WAY to many small parts, compared to a truggy.

All in all, traxxas is a brashers dream, lots of hop up parts ect. But if you are planning to race -NO TRAXXAS
Old 06-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I wish they would try to cater to racers. It would be cool to have a good MT turnout. I think the REVO is their only good car, however they are probably the most expensive rc vehicles to race. They are great for people getting into the hobby like others have said, but once you get in you realize that there are much better things out there.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
I think any sort of Trxxas Nitro is a waste of money..... They break so much and require so many hoppups that they become money pits... IMO a person will be much better off just buying a truggy.......
Excellent take on it.
I personally despise Traxxas.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Traxxas makes a good christmas present for a kid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.