Wiki Posts
Search

What do you think of traxxas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bigtuna
If they all suck stop selling Traxxas see how long you last
They can stop selling the vehicles but not the parts! that says something about durability doesn't it?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Wow when did this thread turn into "Flame wars" Play nice people, we are talking about Toys here
+1
Old 07-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtuna
Are you that heavy set fellow with the def leppard T-shirt thats always at my lhs that just hangs out and never drives your car you need to leave cause your creepy
Nope
Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sokar
What about the Rustler and the 4-tec? Aren't those designed for racing?
Ever seen a 4-tec pro? I have. They were limited edition about 3 years ago, and there are still 3 crates of them in the roof at traxxas UK. They hardly sold any.

My revo is the best RC I have ever had. Sure, my TA05 has the potential to be faster and handle better. Sure, the E-firestorm is sturdier and more fun to bash (It's not that the revo is boring, it's that I'm afraid to crash it!). But the design is amazing. I can keep up with truggies on the track (ok, they're RTR truggies driven by people slightly worse than me, if that's possible), the engine is seriously reliable (yes, it's a 2.5R. The best engine traxxas have ever made! I can wheely AND balloon the tyres on the stock gearing. All that power from a .15?). It's easy to work on, reliable and incredibly well designed.

You can hate traxxas if you want. But seriously, how many of you were brought into the hobby by seeing a traxxas in the park? or in the street? Or getting one for christmas? Essentially traxxas sell RTR tamiyas. Why does no one hate tamiya? They sell terrible money pit cars (the TT01 as opposed to the Tmaxx), decent racers (TRF 416 as opposed to the revo), and are sold in almost every hobby shop on the planet.

/rant.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

I like alot of people started out with a Trassix. One thing was that everything was in the box for $500. Looking at the REVO which won a few National titles. But after one summer and at lease $2k in parts and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of repairs, it was not fun. Switched to a Losi 8T and guess what - have not broken a part. Wrenchin was fun not frusrating. AND I COULD ACTUALLY RACE EVERY WEEK. The REVO was hit or miss, becasue ROAR is not running them anymore.

Now both my sons and I have rustlers that we use to play demolition derby in front of the house. Thats all they are good for.

Not going to say they suck , wellll they do. But they bring alot of people into this hobby, because the LHS makes more money off the them than any other brand, and if your LHS say different call them a liar. I have seen the prices and see the 50% mark ups on traxxas parts compared to 20-30% on LOSI or AE or HPI even.

Traxxas or cheap - you folks can stick up for them all you want, but there are more people that got rid of them, than those that claims to race them.

the slash serves the purpose on which it was built. Cheap fun. Next level higher that Walmart. I WILL NEVER BUY ONE, but they HAVE out sold every RC platform on the planet - even tho 80% of slash owners run eiffffff scale nitro now.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joe of loath
Ever seen a 4-tec pro? I have. They were limited edition about 3 years ago, and there are still 3 crates of them in the roof at traxxas UK. They hardly sold any.

My revo is the best RC I have ever had. Sure, my TA05 has the potential to be faster and handle better. Sure, the E-firestorm is sturdier and more fun to bash (It's not that the revo is boring, it's that I'm afraid to crash it!). But the design is amazing. I can keep up with truggies on the track (ok, they're RTR truggies driven by people slightly worse than me, if that's possible), the engine is seriously reliable (yes, it's a 2.5R. The best engine traxxas have ever made! I can wheely AND balloon the tyres on the stock gearing. All that power from a .15?). It's easy to work on, reliable and incredibly well designed.

You can hate traxxas if you want. But seriously, how many of you were brought into the hobby by seeing a traxxas in the park? or in the street? Or getting one for christmas? Essentially traxxas sell RTR tamiyas. Why does no one hate tamiya? They sell terrible money pit cars (the TT01 as opposed to the Tmaxx), decent racers (TRF 416 as opposed to the revo), and are sold in almost every hobby shop on the planet.

/rant.

Becuase no one buys them. - I brought one for my son just to put it together AND they actually make realloy good electric racers - traxxas dont make anything one thing good.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mickey Silver
I persoanly like traxxas alot. This is my third season racing my Revo and I am finaly at the top of the MT class at both my local club racing and the Alberta RC Pro series. It took a while of practise and research to learn all about the Revo and become a good driver. I can now build and repair anything on the Revo and have all the tools I could ever need to do so.

I am now almost done building my Hot Bodies D8T. Guess what! I have all the tools, fluids and experience needed to build this truggy. Will the Truggy be a better racer? Yup for sure! Will I enjoy it more? Well.... I surely hope so. Am I happy that I started with a Revo? 100%!!!! Thinking back I cant imagine trying to get into the RC scene with this truggy as a starter vehichle. I would have a real tough time with it due to no tools, no supplies and simply no knowledge.

In the end, Traxxas products may be far less quality than a 1/8 Truggy/buggy but man what a great place to start out! I would recomend a Traxxas product to anyone wanting to get into this great hobby.

Also the slash is ALOT of fun to drive in the spec class! wooo woooo lol

Tim
Sorry

Originally Posted by sokar
What about the Rustler and the 4-tec? Aren't those designed for racing?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA are you serious HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 07-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

TT-01's are one of the best Cheapest entry level electrics there is....there Tough...last a long time...and are a simple enough design that even the n00biest of all people can build and maintain.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Integra
Losi is at the top of their game currently and there's no 2 way's about it....EVERY other brand has knocked something off the 2.0's weather it be shock angle's or ride height setting's or a whole damn copy like the x-ray....but Traxxas being innovative and starting trends....I think Not.
ROFL....You've got to be kidding.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st
ROFL....You've got to be kidding.

there's nothing to kidd about....they copied losi and that's that....If you cant see the Obvious.....you need your eye's checked.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
there's nothing to kidd about....they copied losi and that's that....If you cant see the Obvious.....you need your eye's checked.
All hail king LOSI!

Sorry mate, just couldn't help myself.