Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies D8 vs Team Losi 8ight 1.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hot Bodies D8 vs Team Losi 8ight 1.0

well i currently have a 8ight, but ive got a chance to buy a D8 cheap (brand new), but to do so i would have to sell my 8ight, im fast and i like the 8ight, but i wouldnt mind going to the D8

would anyone reccomend switching to the d8 from a 8ight?
Old 06-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

yes, I would probley switch - the D8 is a newer chassis setup and you will be in the "now"
Old 06-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

no servo problems with the D8. super smooth and stable car. i love mine
Old 06-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Both cars are good but my vote would go for the 8ight

the d8 handles well from the box but struggles on rutted and blown out tracks unless you upgrade to the long rear shocks. there is also an issue with the standard driveshafts some last fine others snap for the fun of it. My first set lasted 5 gallons and just wore out since then i snapped at lest 1 per meeting.

After this i went back to the 8ight the only change i have made is to upgrade to the 2.0 chassis and center rear driveshaft as these are the biggest handling improvement ofer the 1.0, as parts wear out the rest of the car will be gradually changed over
Old 06-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Get the D8 just got my seconed. Never broke a thing bought all kind of spares for nothing. The CVD issue was adressed months ago just keep an eye on them and use rebiuld kits when needed I havent had to yet.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I did just that at the end of last season and I don't regret it at all. However, it is because the D8 just fit my driving style better and not because of any difference in quality as they are both equally capable of podium finishes in the right hands. So the bigger question is - what is your driving style? The real delineator here has everything to do with what works for you and not the quality or performance of either kit. I prefer something a little more forgiving of my mistakes and that is what the D8 provided me over the 8ight.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

Love my d8!! come join the d8 army you'll love it!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Prophet

i have a question about the d8 does it allow u to exit corners and blip the gas to snap the rear about without pushing im talking about the stock setup on it ,i have a eight and u have to tap the brake and let it roll and wait for it to get square out and then hit the gas i have the tock setup on it.cause if u do what im talking about blipping the gas coming out of the turn it will push out
Old 06-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuckyegg
Both cars are good but my vote would go for the 8ight

the d8 handles well from the box but struggles on rutted and blown out tracks unless you upgrade to the long rear shocks. there is also an issue with the standard driveshafts some last fine others snap for the fun of it. My first set lasted 5 gallons and just wore out since then i snapped at lest 1 per meeting.

After this i went back to the 8ight the only change i have made is to upgrade to the 2.0 chassis and center rear driveshaft as these are the biggest handling improvement ofer the 1.0, as parts wear out the rest of the car will be gradually changed over
my d8 handles awsome on rutted blown out tracks without the long rear shocks
Old 06-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

my d8 take ruts and most stable out of the two u dont need the long shocks. my car work well without them.if u get a losi get the 2.0. dont waste your time with the 1.0. my 2 cents
Old 06-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v6shooter
my d8 take ruts and most stable out of the two u dont need the long shocks. my car work well without them.if u get a losi get the 2.0. dont waste your time with the 1.0. my 2 cents
yeh ive already got the 1.0, im going to sell it to buy a D8
Old 06-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Both good cars, even though the D8 is the newer car, the 8ight is still the "newer" design. The 8ight is much lighter weight and handles a little quicker but the D8 is easy to drive/stable and still handles pretty well in turns. If you already have an 8ight and like it, you should stay with it unless it's time for a new car (8ight is worn out) and you're itching to try something different.

The other D8 owners here are right, despite having short rear shocks (FWIW, the 8ight's rear shocks are shorter than just about every other buggy too), the D8 handles the rough very well, it just seems to bounce "straight".
Old 06-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 06-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadracer43
Read the title of the thread.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello to all, here is my HUMBLE opinion () since I had both cars D8/L8 1.0 .

My losi 1.0:
Awesome acceleration, jumping (jumps better with less run-up) more instant pop off the face of the jump , likes smooth high revving motors (my opinion).
Modz I had on mine: TFT chassis, adjustable hinge pin braces, 2-piece engine mount, HD Diffs, HD Brake discs, Aluminum servo saver & truggy spring !

Down Side:
Can be a handful sometimes to drive, right tires for track a must !, plastic wear is like a horror movie & land off-camber a couple of times and there goes your camber, toe & droop settings !

My D8:
New design/generation buggy, very stable but fast on track, durable, takes a little more run-up to jump like the Losi but still jumps amazing, heavy but still acelerates amazing, takes off-camber landings better( for me anyway) can run any motor/pipe combo you like !
Modz I have: Pro-line lo-pro air filter, Pro-line Shift body & nuttin else

Down side:
Cvd's hit & miss (I broke one in over a gallon), heavy compared to all current cars, to safe feeling for some (on track) & for me nuttin else. For me this car has fit me like a glove

Thats it for me the D8 is awesome, and I raced losi since the JRX-2 buggy !
but some people still don't respect it because of the price but hey there loss is my gain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.