Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 seconds faster..

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Default 5 seconds faster..

I have the mp9 since Christmas and finally i found jared tebos setup to fit my driving style almost 70% to 80%. I mean it is not the perfect one but i can drive it good.

now i need to find a way to be 5 seconds faster each lap to win the a main race..i know one factor is practice..the other factor is to make the car perfect for my driving style and be consistent each lap..

there is this guy from greece every time he wins all the races.. i think he is the best in greece.. he attend a lot of international and European races with very good results.. he has years of experience and he is sponsored from xray in greece.. everytime we have a race he comes and tq and wins the races.. we all can see that his driving is in another level..and when he drives he so calm..is like a pc..i want jared tebo or cody king or adam drake or one american team driver to come and kick his ass..hahahaha

if i can make my lap time 5 seconds faster i will be able to catch with him..most probably in my dreams..

i am always in the top three in the b main but i never make it to the a main..
Old 06-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Experience and practice are key. They also kinda go hand in hand.

There is no "quick" way to become faster. It is all a matter of getting some experience under your belt. Just keep racing and practicing. You may not be the fastest guy, but you WILL learn every time you race. Don't get frustrated because you aren't at that level yet. Like you said he has a lot of experience. Just keep with it and you will get faster.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Next time he shows up, Kick him in the Balls!! You should be able to win then
Old 06-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

why dont you guys come in Cyprus to give him a lesson.. hahaha..!!! yesterday we had the monster of dirt .. motorbike show from America and for a moment i though i was in America ..those guys are Crazy!!

anw..no one can catch up with him..and the funny thing is that his car never broke in a race..for two year now he finishes all races..he is a lucky bas..

i seem like i am jealous of him and i hate him... but actually am not that kind of person..i am just very angry with my self because i thought i was better...
Old 06-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do you know how much 5 seconds faster a lap really is?
Old 06-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Focus on making it to the a-main first, and work your way up the ladder. You're not gonna shave 5 secs of your time from one day to the other no matter what the setup.

Good luck! Practice, practice, practice....
Old 06-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

yeah is like a quarter of the track faster...is like am dreaming i was flying an f22..i know is a looooootttt..!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Qualyfi results..
http://multicyprus.com/radiocontrol/...axxq210609.jpg

My name is demetris iaponas..third in the b main..!!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Having the right tires for the track conditions is vital. Traction will allow you to get the most power from your motor and decrease fuel consumption as well.
Driving style. First focus on not crashing, then driving clean lines. The speed will come naturally from there.
Have fun and good luck.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Right tires makes a huge difference.
And 5 seconds isn't all that much when your laps are 50 seconds long, just practice your lines and keep a rhythm going.

And I also agree with the "kick him in his balls" strategy, goes well next to the "itching powder on the controller" one.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The tire selection is very important, but also practicing under race conditions. Have a few guys practice with running "mini" races. Have someone time you guys so that you can see where you stand. After a few laps, stop and restart. This will get you used to running in "race" conditions. We usually do this at our local track to pressure each other and push each other to get faster. Smooth is fast, look at the lines the other guy runs and see how it differs from yours. Chances are that you can improve a little by doing that. Also, are you crashing? If so, that can make a big difference. Good luck.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

τι να σου πω φιλε,μακαρι να μπορεσεις να τον κερδισεις καποια στιγμη.
αλλα δεν ειναι μονο αυτος.ειναι και αλλοι 2-3 που ειναι εξισου καλοι!
απλα προπονηση!

i hope to win him one day!
but there are 2-3 guys that are in the same level too.
just practice and do some resource in what they use.tires,pipes,gearing etc.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howtowakeakar
Right tires makes a huge difference.
And 5 seconds isn't all that much when your laps are 50 seconds long, just practice your lines and keep a rhythm going.

And I also agree with the "kick him in his balls" strategy, goes well next to the "itching powder on the controller" one.
5 seconds a lap is a ton if average lap times are 50 seconds. In you typical 30 minute A main, you would be lapped 4 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Next time he shows up, Kick him in the Balls!! You should be able to win then
Brilliant
Old 06-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

once u have the right tires figured out try messing with EPA-%10 or expo on throttle servo to keep those tires from spinning might shave a sec or 2? it helped me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.