Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Power House RC Engine Performance and ColdFusionFuel Q&A >

Power House RC Engine Performance and ColdFusionFuel Q&A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Power House RC Engine Performance and ColdFusionFuel Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Absolutely need it hard coated just get the pics up and I can pick a color.....You know you gotta cordinate
Old 12-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

My clear and black samples will be in tomorrow so I will be able to check them out and report on them. They will both handle temps of 700 degrees. The colors however will only handle 250-300 and I was getting temps in the 300 plus range when I tested an engine over the weekend so it looks like the lighter colors will be out but he did say brown, purple and a bronze color will work fine so I am sending in a few more sets to get the purple and see what it looks like and how it holds up to the temps. I was also told that the lighter colors actually darken with the process so he is going to make me up an actual color chart of finished parts so I can see the actual color and texture of the metal when it is done so I can give people better ideas of what they actually look like in finished product form. The thing about the colors is they charge by the lot instead of per piece so the more pieces you do, the cheaper it will be. So I would need at least 10-15 sets to make it even worth doing so there has to be a want for the colors so for now, until I know for sure what people want, I will stick to the clear and black. The black sounds like it will look awesome but you guys will know when I do.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mark I'll give U a call tomorrow after work.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone, here are a couple samples of the new hardcoated pipes I am doing now. I had the clear and black done for samples and they look outstanding. They are very similar to what you normally see on like the ofna and dynamite hard coated pipes. I will have the new batch done and in stock ready to go just after the holidays. No more baked on, scuffed up polished pipes. I have already baked oil, dirt and grim onto one and use a steel wire brush and parts cleaner to scrub it down and not a scratch or dull spot on it. These exhaust systems won't cost much more than the bare polished aluminum so it will be well worth the investment to have the hard coated systems. They have the surface texture of case hardened steel for impact damage resistance and maintenace needs but still retain the light weight of aluminum to keep the power to weight ratio of the vehicle at it's best. PM, email or call me if you are interested in picking up one of the best exhaust systems available.
Attached Thumbnails Power House RC Engine Performance and ColdFusionFuel Q&A-nova-hardcoat.jpg   Power House RC Engine Performance and ColdFusionFuel Q&A-nova-hardcoat-1.jpg   Power House RC Engine Performance and ColdFusionFuel Q&A-nova-hardcoat-2.jpg  
Old 12-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Those look nice Mark, personally I like the polished look, a little mothers metal polish, some rub-a-dub-dub and they look practically brand new every race - a few marks on them but not bad. But great idea, the black pipe will look the same forever without touching it.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Pipes look good Mark. I mite have to add 1.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:35 AM

Talking i like it

i saw the sleeve and i like it mark, i was wonder about the the three port motor, what is the price shipped???? hell i cant wait to own my first novarossi!!!!!! i will just get another p5 i think
Old 12-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Mark does phenominal work, and has great customer service too.

Whatever engine you do go with, I would recommend the engine heater he sells to. That thing is worth every penny, break in was so much easier with it.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:03 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by boomgagem
Mark does phenominal work, and has great customer service too.

Whatever engine you do go with, I would recommend the engine heater he sells to. That thing is worth every penny, break in was so much easier with it.
i better like it !! that p5 is going to crcrc!! i shooting for the g main!!!! i'll shit down both leggs if i do better than that!!!!
i want 1 of the heaters bad, i asked mark about making a heater that was dc, to work off the starter box or a 2cell lipo. cause the tracks i race at dont have plug ins at pit roll.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
i better like it !! that p5 is going to crcrc!! i shooting for the g main!!!! i'll shit down both leggs if i do better than that!!!!
i want 1 of the heaters bad, i asked mark about making a heater that was dc, to work off the starter box or a 2cell lipo. cause the tracks i race at dont have plug ins at pit roll.
Yeah a DC version would be cool I'm going to have to get me a generator.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Shit down both legs I would hate to be your underwear right now, unless of course you don't wear any FREE BALLIN' You don't have to wait until the engine drops its nuts, you already have

I will shoot you a PM about the 3 port. I have sold quite a few of those, over 40 in the last month in fact and everyone has liked the work so far. I myself will be sporting one this winter on my new 808 2010 spec as I have tested a few different timing specs and found one that works great all around.

As far as the heater, I will get on making a DC version right after the holidays. There hasn't been alot of call for them before but lately, more and more have been asking abou them so I guess I better get on the ball. I just wanted to concentrate on getting the new pipes coated as soon as possible to get those rolling. Trying to multitask and it is working out pretty good so far, just certain things are getting pushed back back alittle like the new website but in due time, it will be sweet!!
Old 12-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Mark and Joe. I am all signed up for MotoRama.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hay Mark
got a pipe question ? if I put a extension on the stinger
like a piece of tubing 1" long will this adversely affect
the performs of the pipe?
thanks Cary
Old 12-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default motor mod

have a question i have a brand new grp 21 tuned wondering about getting it modded for a losi 8ight 2.0truggy is this engine comparable to novarossi as far as power output or os i have a used 1 i bought here not to long ago that was modded from you i cant run it untill may to much snow on the ground i ran them stock last year not to bad but want more power i have plenty of parts to last a while please give me some feedback thanks alot and merry christmas
Old 12-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Cary- normally a pipe with extensions on the stinger will affect it a little but if it is only an inch or two long and the diameter is larger than the inner diameter of the stinger itself, it should not hurt anything.

Losi- not sure who you bought the the grp from but most of the grp's I did were for guys that wanted ultra smooth engines for slippery tracks so it may or may not have the punch you are looking for. I have however figured out a great timing profile for them to get the low end performance out of them so you can certainly send it in for some work and I will make it truggy worthy. Let me know if you want to send it in for some work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.