You and my first Vspec Impression

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan D.
Cuz its modded.
Originally Posted by Alan D.
Lets see if he's still saying that 2 gallons later.
Sounds like we have a vspec hater in the house.....lol....
Old 05-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rossoh10
Sounds like we have a vspec hater in the house.....lol....

I don't hate.
Don't trip dawg
Old 05-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good heads up, will looking into the dynamite 053 or Losi RE11, Already know it has TKO rear bearing, silicon fill Crank lighten Rod etc etc...but im happy with it got it for $85...Hey im a racer always looking for a good deal...
Old 05-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Mercury9
Good heads up, will looking into the dynamite 053 or Losi RE11, Already know it has TKO rear bearing, silicon fill Crank lighten Rod etc etc...but im happy with it got it for $85...Hey im a racer always looking for a good deal...
I purchase and raced a Dynamite last season ...

D-main every time ...

never could get it on with ....

Hopefully they will fix...
Old 05-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

I used to run the v-specs....first the Blue engine then evolved into the Speed version ( V-spec-al ) I must say I always had good results......pipe of choice was os2060 with my St-rr truggy that was a great combination for my driving.
Plenty of power but overall runtime was a must for me. These engines are good. I now run Radical Racing Engines and have plenty of guys at the track with v-specs asking alot of questions about them and admiring the power that the engine lays down! No disrespect to you guys who are o.s. lovers but there are other engines out there that have just as much power/runtime with smooth powerbands.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

When I haven't been an idiot on the tune, I've had nothing but excellent luck with the V-Specs I've had. I still think they are one of the best values in engines available.

Another excellent exhaust choice for the V-Specs are the Associated pipes. They feel similar to the O.S. 2050. Lots of bottom end punch and very good fuel economy.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
don't go with the JP3, if your on a budget try a dynamite 053 you can get them for like $50 and that would be my second choice to a 2060. As far as the EB Mods, the mods give more power across the whole power-band.
Check it out!
+1 on the pipe, see sig. Tests better than the JP4, which is the best Jammin pipe for the VSPEC. I'm tempted to try a Ninja, but I just rebuilt both of my VSPECS (Piston, Sleeve, Rod, Pin, Clips, and ceramic bearings front and rear) so I should be good for a year or more on engines.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
+1 on the pipe, see sig. Tests better than the JP4, which is the best Jammin pipe for the VSPEC. I'm tempted to try a Ninja, but I just rebuilt both of my VSPECS (Piston, Sleeve, Rod, Pin, Clips, and ceramic bearings front and rear) so I should be good for a year or more on engines.
Ninja is a great engine also. I have actually found the JP-3 to be a great pipe for the v-spec. Not the BEST, but a very good all around pipe for it. Good power throughout the powerband, with a pretty snappy bottom end. Awesome runtimes in the 10 minute range. The 053 is another good one, and one of the best all around/universal pipes out there. But to me the best pipe for the money for a v-spec is the losi re11. OS 2050 performance for $65, can't beat that!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

the Jp3 is ok on a vspec but it has a bit of a flat spot in the mid-range..
Old 05-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So it seems if your on a budget which i am, its either the dynamite 053 or Losi RE11 for Mid to Top...Im still a noob to top end on the EB mods vspec but i guess theirs even more mid-top to get.....Its just keeps on getting better it seems....
Old 05-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have a EB Mod VSpec 8 gallons on it, tried the JP3, OS 2050, and the Losi R10, personally like it better with the Losi pipe, just felt like it had better response thru the whole power band......