Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DX3.0s vs DX3.0r

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default DX3.0s vs DX3.0r

what are the differences or are there any looking into getting a new one and wanted to know the advantages of the 2
Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (98%+)

DX3S=CRAP! i bought one cuz it was cheap..none of the telimitry worked except the rec. batt voltage..engine temps were any were from 50 to 100 degrees off..and the RPM sensor..well i wont even get into that..plus it uses the older"semi" slower DSM 1 style 2.4

DX3R=GREAT radio,DSM2 2 (will bind to DSM1 rec.) used one last year with no issues..plenty of programing and set up functions and a easy scroll lsit to find stuff..plus its light..only down side still looks and feals cheap...

This year i went back to a M11 ..for me i can deal with the extra weight especially since a put in a lipo pack,,but more because i love the way a M11 feals..and its a 4 channel with a back lit screen (we race at night sometimes!)always nice to have a extra aux port for what ever..oh and there 2.4 recievers are half the size of a spektrum..

Down fall..menus can be tricky to navigate at first..used air 2.4 rec. are hard to find
Old 05-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

+1 DX3R Look on the spectrum Website for info.. or use the Research button.. there have been a few threads.. similar to this...
Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You got your names wrong first off.

There is the dx3.0, dx3s, and dx3r.

I personally use and love the dx3r. I don't know why people complain about it looking and feeling cheap. To me the looks don't really matter, and as for feeling cheap not sure what that means. It is very light, but that does not come from cheap construction, it comes from an effieicent design. And on that point, that is one big reason I love the 3R. It is just soo light and natural feeling in my hand. It has every feature you would ever need, is very easy to navigate(menu), is very energy efficient, and again very light weight. It only uses 4 AA batteries instead of 8. IMO it is the best radio on the market.

As for the others, well the S is pretty good. It has the same sort of feel as the R. It however is not intended to be a pro level radio so it doesn't have all of the featrues that the R has. Also I wouldn't use most of the telemetry systems. Like yoshgixxer said, they aren't very accurate. The only one I could see as an advantage is the battery voltage feature. It too uses 4 batteries and is light weight, but can't match the dx3r for high end features.

The 3.0 is a simple sport radio. Great if you are on a very tight budget, but can't match either of the others. It gives you a first step into 2.4 gig technology, but is not a racing radio.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (98%+)

but that does not come from cheap construction, it comes from an effieicent design.
dont be offended jammin..i loved the way mine work but i just didnt like the way it felt..i always felt like if a squeezed it to hard it was going to break..it was kinda "creeky" by all means though mine was used to race out door off road,so it was knocked over, got dirt and fuel on it and it held up fine..broke the antenna but fixed it with a body clip

again personal preference..i would reccomend this radio to some one looking for a light weight and simple to use radio with lots of features...there all about the same price...M11,3PK, 3R so pic your favorite and go for it..there all good radio's with more features then you will ever use!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks guys i really appreciate the input from all of you i think im gonna go with the dx3r even though its kinda pricey
Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Stilletto
thanks guys i really appreciate the input from all of you i think im gonna go with the dx3r even though its kinda pricey
For what it is it is not pricey at all.

yoshgixxer- I get that. It does have a hollow sort of feel. I don't mind it personally, but could see how it would bother you.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
For what it is it is not pricey at all.

yoshgixxer- I get that. It does have a hollow sort of feel. I don't mind it personally, but could see how it would bother you.
i went from the dx2.0 ti th dx3r and i almost exploded in my pants the first time i used it lol....... the servo response is 100x better, i love the feel. and its very easy to navigate. your going with a great radio.....

the cheapest thing to do is buy it off amain, they have it for 299 and use this code JJDCPP925 and it even has free shippin
Old 05-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by losi_racer
i went from the dx2.0 ti th dx3r and i almost exploded in my pants the first time i used it lol....... the servo response is 100x better, i love the feel. and its very easy to navigate. your going with a great radio.....

the cheapest thing to do is buy it off amain, they have it for 299 and use this code JJDCPP925 and it even has free shippin
I beg to differ!

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=7302

$300.00 - 849.99
$30.00
RCMAY930

When you put it in your cart, it drops down to $299.99. Buy 1 penny more worth of something and save $30.

They don't have it in stock now, but that would be the cheapest!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

i have only used a dx3s a little, it is nice, telemetry works good, you just need to find the right spot on the head to get temp numbers right, other than that it is pretty good and cheap price. I personally use the DX3R and love it, it is faster than the 3s, but cost more. Someone mentioned the aitronics reciever being smaller....I use the new Spektrum DSM2 micro race reciever, about the size of a quarter, very nice. I havent had any problems, I use Energizer Lithium batteries in my radio and change them about every 4 months, sometimes get longer use with them. I sell the Spektrum radios and recievers for much less. But my paypal and ebay account got hacked, so that is all screwed up right now, but if interested in a radio, PM me and I will give ya price and maybe time frame when my paypal will be back to normal!!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ShagNastyEk9
i have only used a dx3s a little, it is nice, telemetry works good, you just need to find the right spot on the head to get temp numbers right, other than that it is pretty good and cheap price. I personally use the DX3R and love it, it is faster than the 3s, but cost more. Someone mentioned the aitronics reciever being smaller....I use the new Spektrum DSM2 micro race reciever, about the size of a quarter, very nice. I havent had any problems, I use Energizer Lithium batteries in my radio and change them about every 4 months, sometimes get longer use with them. I sell the Spektrum radios and recievers for much less. But my paypal and ebay account got hacked, so that is all screwed up right now, but if interested in a radio, PM me and I will give ya price and maybe time frame when my paypal will be back to normal!!
Agreed, the DSM2 recievers are very small, and you can even get the micro version if you really need a tiny reciever. I have had great luck with those batteries too. I found that they are much lighter than a normal alkaline AA battery, and they last forever!
Old 05-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I paid $320cnd from My LHS there has to be better deals than $299us
Old 05-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I beg to differ!

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=7302

$300.00 - 849.99
$30.00
RCMAY930

When you put it in your cart, it drops down to $299.99. Buy 1 penny more worth of something and save $30.

They don't have it in stock now, but that would be the cheapest!
lol, i dont think they have anything for a penny. it will equal to the same maybe 2 dollars cheaper. nice find tho