Wiki Posts
Search

RC8TE steering....

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default RC8TE steering....

Hey guys, I have a RC8TE using a JR8711 servo with a dynamite servo arm. The stocker sucked and I went with this arm for more throw, but its still does not give me any better steering radius then about 42" either way and the EPA is set to max. Are you guys using a longer servo arm then the dynamite's??? My losi 8T 2.0 using the same servo and arm turns around 34" radius. I am trying to get it to turn that tight as its costing me valuable time on the track on tight turns since I have to take them wide.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Prophet

u could make the steering link a little longer . or put your servo at 0 on your transmmiter and put the servo arm to the right a little bit , sometimes that works and sometimes it doesnt. and the other thing if u have a extra hole in your servo arm put it on the foward hole .
Old 05-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
u could make the steering link a little longer . or put your servo at 0 on your transmmiter and put the servo arm to the right a little bit , sometimes that works and sometimes it doesnt. and the other thing if u have a extra hole in your servo arm put it on the foward hole .

I set the trim to 0 already and its on the outward hole as well. Maybe a longer steering arm is possible, but to long and it may hit the radio box.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Prophet

u could get a longer one an cut it if its hitting the rado box . check your right steering knuckles too and see if they are to tight