Has Anyone Tried AVID Front Bearing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Anyone Tried AVID Front Bearing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Default Has Anyone Tried AVID Front Bearing?

I know TKO is better, but I'm on tight budget...what do you think? My engine is OS Vspec. Thanks...
Old 05-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I wouldnt be scared to try them out. They make good bearings. Are they that much cheaper than the TKO's though? I just dropped a set the same size as yours in my mill. Powerhouse has a deal that if you buy the bearings from him he will put them in for free i belive thats who i have do all my engine work.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by malik
I wouldnt be scared to try them out. They make good bearings. Are they that much cheaper than the TKO's though? I just dropped a set the same size as yours in my mill. Powerhouse has a deal that if you buy the bearings from him he will put them in for free i belive thats who i have do all my engine work.
Since I live outside US, shipping cost is a big matter to me. Yes AVID sells front bearings for $5 (steel) and TKO $15 (ceramic), same amount of shipping cost. If anyone has tried this bearing please chime in...I will buy AVID's if this bearing lasts at least 3 gallons on my vspec.