Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Word
Old 04-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

we need to get Billy Mays or Vince from Shamwow to start marketing some product that dirt proofs RC's
Old 04-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Thumbs up

I have the same question as Dale. What are your guys best tips and tricks? And when do you put the SC1 "detailer" on the vehicle?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

LOL, I'm 42....been running Nitro RC for 7 years, and can't figure out how the dirt turns into glue and sticks to everything!!..I heard some people spray some MX stuff on the plastic but I don't remember what it was. Total tear down and cleaning every week is something I just don't have time for
http://www.maximausa.com/products/cleaners/sc1.asp
Old 04-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Some of you guys will flame me for this sacriledge but I've taken to removing my entire front and rear diff/shock tower/etc and putting them in the dishwasher with a little d/w soap. I do about 10 min on each side then take them out, dry with a towel, then hammer them with the air compression for a while until I'm sure it's mostly dry and appears completely dry. Then I apply WD40 (water displacement 40) liberally, especially on bearings and in spots I know can trap some moisture. I use special cycling lubricant on my bearings then I'm ready to race again. I've done this multiple times and had fantastic success. If I want a clean chassis, engine, etc I tear it completely down.

My lexan always gets dirty no matter what I do. I either wash it with soap and water or blast it with air then wipe with an alcohol soaked cloth. I might have to try the silicone spray though.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

GT-85 Spray on night before-Morning of practice/race day wipe with rag.. and you should be good to go.. and most of the time. You can wipe any sticking dirt with a brush.. and should fall off. Help, moisture repelant-helps lube, and dosnt attract dust/dirt.. that's what I use..
Old 04-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dont know how sc1 will work on my rc truggy, but I have used this stuff on my quads and loved it.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

I use Amsoil silicone spray seems to keep clay from sticking also looks sick on the exterior of the body.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by t0adman
Some of you guys will flame me for this sacriledge but I've taken to removing my entire front and rear diff/shock tower/etc and putting them in the dishwasher with a little d/w soap. I do about 10 min on each side then take them out, dry with a towel, then hammer them with the air compression for a while until I'm sure it's mostly dry and appears completely dry. Then I apply WD40 (water displacement 40) liberally, especially on bearings and in spots I know can trap some moisture. I use special cycling lubricant on my bearings then I'm ready to race again. I've done this multiple times and had fantastic success. If I want a clean chassis, engine, etc I tear it completely down.

My lexan always gets dirty no matter what I do. I either wash it with soap and water or blast it with air then wipe with an alcohol soaked cloth. I might have to try the silicone spray though.

HOLY.......WHAT!? If my wife opened her dishwasher and found my RC stuff in there, along with a ring of oily goo and mud at the bottom I would have a tire sticking out of my ass! HAAA!

I have a big plastic storage box that I fill about 6 inches deep with water and dishwashing soap. Then I have all sorts of tools to scrub with. A sponge with a scrubber backing, a toothbrush, and a scrub brush with stiff bristles. I break down each main component (front and rear assemblies) and scrub them down, then hit them with the air hose and soak the, in wd40. The chassis plate gets scrubbed front and back and blown dry, tires/wheels and center diff. then the servos and engine get cleaned with denatured alky and air, then put it all back together and spray it down with wd40. After it sits for a while to soak, I wipe it all down with a clean towel. Oh, clean/scrub the body, then use tire dressing on it. It makes it shiny as hell and hides the scratches, then makes it easier to clean next time.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

keeping a car clean ? practicing or during a race meeting 1,2,3 or 4 dayer, tools of the trade for me are : paint brush, compressor, soap, water (depending on conditions) and maybe some GT 85 at the end of the day (at a meeting that last more than one day for a strip down, clean up and check over) but between practice or race meetings no quick fix, just rebuild, rebuild, rebuild. someone said to me once you needed to be proud of your car on and off the track ... i think they meant driving and cleaning / maintainance basically ?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Dont drive in the dirt JK.

It just takes maintenance brush, air compressor, silicone ect. repeat, repeat.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

sc1 is the shit
Old 04-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Dont drive in the dirt JK.

It just takes maintenance brush, air compressor, silicone ect. repeat, repeat.

LOL Thanks Frank....I know how to clean my car..I was looking for treatments to help repel the dirt and maybe make it not stick so bad
Old 04-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

LOL Thanks Frank....I know how to clean my car..I was looking for treatments to help repel the dirt and maybe make it not stick so bad
sc1
Old 04-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dale.0
So how do you guys clean your cars at the end of the day?
How I clean mine is.. I take the wheels off, and body off. Unhook all the linkage and what not, take out the radio tray, take out the motor, and then the gas tank. I wet my car, spray it down with Simple green MAX or Simple green motorsports (check at home depot works great). I don't do much scrubbing maybe sometimes on the chassis. Once im finished washing that all off, i leave mine in front of a fan for a while. While its drying i just get a damp rag and wipe down my radio tray, and toothbrush my servos and inbetween them. I clean the motor with WD 40, and the pipe with a coarse dishwashing pad. Then I just wash the tires, squirt a little simple green and little water on them. Put it all back together, its like brand new. Make sure to lube your bearings and turnbuckles!

Also there is a thing you can buy for a air compressor that you can squirt water from, the hose just drops down into a bucket. I use my dads a lot. It works a hek of a lot better than a water hose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.