Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JBRL Round 1 Thunder Alley Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default JBRL Round 1 Thunder Alley Who's going?

Who is going?
Where you staying (Hotel)?
What local Pub can we meet up at Saturday night?
Can someone post pics of new layout?
What tires/compounds work?
Anything you want to add?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

I'll be going.
I live locally so I don't know about hotels, but I do think that they list some on their web site.
Don't about pubs either I'm underage to buy alcohol
On the web site they say that hole shots, crime fighters, and bow ties works in m2 and m3 for the holeshots.
Ill be takin my AKA I Beam in medium and hope for the best

Its gonna be fun just have to go the long way to get in because of the construction on that street again DOH!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

i will be going as well
Old 04-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

I'll be there. Feel free to say Hi. tall white guy with tattoo's and my wife for a pit girl
Old 04-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

this recruit is going.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

I'll be at the track! This will be some very tight racing! Thunder Alley is a great place to kick off the 09 series. I don't live near TA so I'm not sure where the bar is, but I'm sure its not too far. I think some hotels are listed on TA's site

- Also be sure to check Thunder Alley's maps/directions, as the entrance to TA is in a different location this year due to road work..

JBRL 09 Nitro Flyer PDF:
http://www.jimmybabcock.com/JBRL-09-nitro1-flyer.pdf

http://www.jimmybabcock.com/Main_Page_2008.htm

Thunder Alley Track Website:
http://www.thunderalleyrcraceway.com/

Old 04-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tires.....bow-fighters or CF or BT work well in m3. I really like city-beam combo, some people like all cities at TA. The track will be watered often and will be a really techinal layout. If you want to see a quick drawup I made of the layout, PM me. It by far isnt the best (it is HORRIBLE actually) but you will get the point about the layout. i.e. long striaght, step up and step down at top left corner, and tons of doubles and rollers, also a wough/woop section.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yup. Ill be there Saturday afternoon for practice, and Sunday for sure. Only 20 minutes away, so it's a done deal.

T/A has always been a Holeshot track for me, but at Sidewinder I ran a IBeam/City Block Combo, and it worked really well. This time out I will be trying out the new Hot Bodies tires. They have been working everywhere lately, so...

I have not been up to see the new layout, but you can bet that Levi will throw down a sick track!! He always does!

I cant wait!
Old 04-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I will be running Calibers. Ill bring my city blocks, and ibeams just in case
Old 04-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm going!

I love the Levi track layouts for sure. Hopefully someone can get a picture up tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by itsshemp
Yup. Ill be there Saturday afternoon for practice, and Sunday for sure. Only 20 minutes away, so it's a done deal.

T/A has always been a Holeshot track for me, but at Sidewinder I ran a IBeam/City Block Combo, and it worked really well. This time out I will be trying out the new Hot Bodies tires. They have been working everywhere lately, so...

I have not been up to see the new layout, but you can bet that Levi will throw down a sick track!! He always does!

I cant wait!
You'll like the HB tires bro. Just run the AKA Foams, no doubt. The best thing I've found lately is the Megabyte's can be trimmed just like holeshots (down the middle/sides to reduce the tread slightly to let some of the dirt exit from between the knobs and get better forward bite...) Just trim off every other half bar that is slightly off from the middle row - on both sides of the tire's center line... It made a big difference and I'll be ordering 4-5 more sets next week and doing the same thing with them. Hell, I TQ'd with them on a brand new car (X2) for the second week in a row at Rev last weekend in expert buggy... I meant to get my order in this week but forgot HB/HPI was closed yesterday, so I missed my chance... Darn! I reallly like the Chaos tire too in the soft compound as well... with aka foam. You can even run a chaos-block combo Rear-Front to get a bit more steering... Stop by and check me out if you're going to be out there practicing today, and I'll show you how I did the tires...

J. Garrow
Old 04-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Lets get some sneak peak photos of the track! I won't get there till tomorrow AM so I'd like to wrap my head around the layout.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

does anybody have any pics from todays practice
Old 04-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
does anybody have any pics from todays practice

I checked it out on liverc.com and the track looks SICK!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NsideLine
You'll like the HB tires bro. Just run the AKA Foams, no doubt. The best thing I've found lately is the Megabyte's can be trimmed just like holeshots (down the middle/sides to reduce the tread slightly to let some of the dirt exit from between the knobs and get better forward bite...) Just trim off every other half bar that is slightly off from the middle row - on both sides of the tire's center line... It made a big difference and I'll be ordering 4-5 more sets next week and doing the same thing with them. Hell, I TQ'd with them on a brand new car (X2) for the second week in a row at Rev last weekend in expert buggy... I meant to get my order in this week but forgot HB/HPI was closed yesterday, so I missed my chance... Darn! I reallly like the Chaos tire too in the soft compound as well... with aka foam. You can even run a chaos-block combo Rear-Front to get a bit more steering... Stop by and check me out if you're going to be out there practicing today, and I'll show you how I did the tires...

J. Garrow
Yeah. no doubt. I have been testing the HB tires for over a month now. Both white and Red compounds, and they work great. Today at the track, I ran the Block/Khaos Combo (white), and they worked pretty well. I went back for my next round, and went with Blocks (white) in all four corners, and the car was HOOKED! I have a bag FULL of tires. Many different brands, and have been usung the HB tires exclusively! The blocks have become my favorite. They have yet to not work anywhere. Even at Rev, where normally I would run Holeshots, or the Megabites, the HB Blocks hook just as well. Once the track grooves up some more tomorrow, I will probably run the Mega's. My buddy tried his Reds, and they were a little too loose out there today. He went back to the Blocks also.

The track is sick! High speed,with a jump that sends you 40+ feet across the gap, but not too high. You hit it at full tilt, and sail. On the brakes for a down hill, and off to the races again. Levi always lays down a great track!

Tomorrow will be a long day, but fun at the same time! Off to get some sleep, and up early in the AM.

Good Luck to everyone out there tomorrow. Round#1 will most definitely be a great race day!