Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
People who love RC but have no vehicles! >

People who love RC but have no vehicles!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

People who love RC but have no vehicles!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markr04
He's upgrading from an 808 to a Losi.

Hey Doug,

Come up to Indy. Kinda miss you up there. You can race my truggy. Holla.
yea, i miss it up there also. is the truggy using the fhss setup? that way i can bind my m11 to it for the left hand setup. the only worry is, i might like truggy and not want to race buggy again. but i think i will take you up on that offer. thank you..
Old 04-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jkas10
Hey Doug, come back to CO and you can run one of my Losi's

Sorry if that came out wrong - not intended to rub it in, but as a gesture of helping a brother out.
Originally Posted by pinky2252s
Chuck, if my car works at the track i would let you drive it.

If you got out of texas lol
i'm making good racing friends down here, even though i want to move back to colorado, i think i'm going to stay awile longer. crazy though, there are only about 1/3rd to 1/2 of the racers down here than denver. even though dallas is 4 times the size of denver.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

my MF2 is currently down i had a lil to much fun at the skate park,

and my B3 is currently down with broken arms yes arms not a arm lol,

but man thats pretty sh!tty srry to here you got scammed.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrwoodchuck
yea, i miss it up there also. is the truggy using the fhss setup? that way i can bind my m11 to it for the left hand setup. the only worry is, i might like truggy and not want to race buggy again. but i think i will take you up on that offer. thank you..
Yes, the truggy has the new FHSS. Just bind it to your M11 . I'll be there tomorrow (Thursday) and certainly on Saturday for the races (I usually get there by noon on Saturdays).

You don't need to bring much with you other than your M11. Maybe a pit towel and whatever tools you're accustomed to using. Do you still have your transponder? It's not necessary, but would be easier if you have it.

The truggy has a new lid and it happens to be green
Old 04-22-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ummm. I traded a Baja 5B SS that had one run on it, really high end servo and a bunch of little upgrades for what I was told was a race ready Losi 8ight package. I thought it'd be a straight trade and I'd be at the track racing the next week.

The diffs were shot, the shocks were leaky and the engine was a paperweight. I showed up at the dude's door to get my stuff back. My mother came with me(I was 18 at the time, she didn't want me to get killed) and I thought she was going to break the door down and kill the guy. To make a long story short, he called the cops on us for knocking on his door. He wanted to press charges on us. When the cop got my side of the story, he tried to kind of bully the guy into just trading back and closing the book on the whole thing.

Unfortunately, possession is 9/10ths of the law as they say. He would not budge. The cops that showed up were fairly certain he'd already sold it for crack but they took my number and said they wouldn't be surprised if they ran into him again somewhere down the road and would maybe get my gear back for me.

The guy that got me is a bum. A 30 year old dude that has no job and lives with his mommy. He receives some sort of a cheque from the government for sitting on his ass.

I on the other hand, worked my ass off at barely over minimum wage to pay for that Baja SS(Probably $1500-1700)
Old 04-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
Ummm. I traded a Baja 5B SS that had one run on it, really high end servo and a bunch of little upgrades for what I was told was a race ready Losi 8ight package. I thought it'd be a straight trade and I'd be at the track racing the next week.

The diffs were shot, the shocks were leaky and the engine was a paperweight. I showed up at the dude's door to get my stuff back. My mother came with me(I was 18 at the time, she didn't want me to get killed) and I thought she was going to break the door down and kill the guy. To make a long story short, he called the cops on us for knocking on his door. He wanted to press charges on us. When the cop got my side of the story, he tried to kind of bully the guy into just trading back and closing the book on the whole thing.

Unfortunately, possession is 9/10ths of the law as they say. He would not budge. The cops that showed up were fairly certain he'd already sold it for crack but they took my number and said they wouldn't be surprised if they ran into him again somewhere down the road and would maybe get my gear back for me.

The guy that got me is a bum. A 30 year old dude that has no job and lives with his mommy. He receives some sort of a cheque from the government for sitting on his ass.

I on the other hand, worked my ass off at barely over minimum wage to pay for that Baja SS(Probably $1500-1700)
Damn.. that's rough. I try to buy all my stuff brand new for fear of buying someone else's trash. While there are many honest people in this hobby I've found many people exaggerate the amount of use or the quality of the things they sell. I would never buy a vehicle sight unseen, there is just too much that can go wrong. It's worth spending the extra dosh on something new, that you know the history of it.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Yes, the truggy has the new FHSS. Just bind it to your M11 . I'll be there tomorrow (Thursday) and certainly on Saturday for the races (I usually get there by noon on Saturdays).

You don't need to bring much with you other than your M11. Maybe a pit towel and whatever tools you're accustomed to using. Do you still have your transponder? It's not necessary, but would be easier if you have it.

The truggy has a new lid and it happens to be green
SWEET!!!

i'm going nuts not being able to race right now.. you're a life saver, i'll buy dinner (shell station of course). yea i do have a personal transponder, thanks for bringing that up, i would have forgot it. i'll be there sat around 1ish.... thank you!!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

we will see how i do with a truggy. i've only run the one tank that you let me drive that day and that's the first time i ever drove a truggy. i'll probibly still run expert though. the only problem is that the 2.0T looks frikin sweet to me and i can't afford to run two classes.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

SWEET!!!

i'm going nuts not being able to race right now.. you're a life saver, i'll buy dinner (shell station of course). yea i do have a personal transponder, thanks for bringing that up, i would have forgot it. i'll be there sat around 1ish.... thank you!!!!!
Those shell station tacos are dialed!
Old 04-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Here's a good example of shooting myself in the foot trying to race RC cars.

99 Roar Stock National at Long Island Raceway (I know, I know, It was an electric race.)
My friend and I get my 86 S10 Blazer all packed up, drive the 2+ hrs to the track, and whaddya know?
I forgot to pack my tool box which contained everything except, my truck, spare parts, and radio.
Some ppl were kind enough to lend me batteries, a charger, and some tools. Everything is good now right?
WRONG!!!!
My radio took a dive on me and I didn't have the cash to buy another one!
So I'm stuck in NY mid July during a heat wave with nothing to do but watch and sweat my a$$ off for the entire weekend.
Sent the radio back for service, turns out the crystal socket went bad. Thank God for 2.4GhZ. All that is behind me.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpz_67
yea they are, my mouth is watering right now just thinking about them. i think sat will be slow at indy because of the pro series race in austin.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67

I think those tacos are ATOMIC because........................................... ..there sure is alot of "fall-out" after you eat one!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by elcaminosslover
I think those tacos are ATOMIC because........................................... ..there sure is alot of "fall-out" after you eat one!!!
yup!!! Crackin Porcelain, Blowin Mudd, Doin the "Clinched Cheek Boogie" all the way to the recreation center to drop the kids off at the pool.

i guess you've been there, but thoes tacos are worth every minute on the thrown.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

....and i can't afford to run two classes.
I tried running both classes for a while. It turned out to be stressful, especially when the mains are back to back - which is most of the time. Seeing as how I got into this hobby to relieve my stress, it was counterproductive to run both in one night.

It won't take you but a few minutes to master the truggy. It's like a buggy, but it turns better, has more stability, and rolls right over those pesky track borders (lol).
Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

I tried running both classes for a while. It turned out to be stressful, especially when the mains are back to back - which is most of the time. Seeing as how I got into this hobby to relieve my stress, it was counterproductive to run both in one night.

It won't take you but a few minutes to master the truggy. It's like a buggy, but it turns better, has more stability, and rolls right over those pesky track borders (lol).
Hmmm.. I disagree on the "turns better" part.

And borders? You mean the track has borders?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.