Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

NsideLine i feel your pain with the hotbodies i tried and tried with that thing for about 4 weeks and tried everything. If it wasnt a problem with the setup it was a freakin cvd that would break everytime. The jammin may not be the best car on a very tight indoor track but by god i finish every race lol. If anybody has time you can check out the local club track for the winter its www.newberryshobby.com and outdoor track is www.thunder-roadhobbies.com
Old 03-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

This car is excellent thus far. only issue i noticed is that the O.S. vspec block rubs against the rear drive shaft. Currently running a IDM Picco p7R evo 2 (no issues with rubbing on shaft). Car is extremely durable, i have broken nothing and i have had this car since it came out. 5-5-3 works very well. It accelerates amazingly well, it is very light. If you loved Jammin in the past then you will also love this one. Play with the set up, it will take you a little bit to get it dialed in the way you want it but well worth it.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

It just seems that everyone who runs or has run a jammin car has nothing but praise for it. The only thing that seems to be holding anyone back from buying one is the price, but I saw it for like $580 too on ebay and at that price, with tires and all of the upgrades, its' highly competitive with all of the other brands. I'd guess that more people would consider it if they knew it was priced like that somewhere and they could pick up an x2 crt for about the same. I cant wait to get set up and hopefully will sometime after Silver State is over. Hopefully Chad does well!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC
This car is excellent thus far. only issue i noticed is that the O.S. vspec block rubs against the rear drive shaft. Currently running a IDM Picco p7R evo 2 (no issues with rubbing on shaft). Car is extremely durable, i have broken nothing and i have had this car since it came out. 5-5-3 works very well. It accelerates amazingly well, it is very light. If you loved Jammin in the past then you will also love this one. Play with the set up, it will take you a little bit to get it dialed in the way you want it but well worth it.
It rubbs on the V spec, the GRP , and RB blocks...I have that front corner milled down, BTW, The Drive pins wear really fast, But they can be replaced. Has anyone found where to get the new cups for the Dog bone drive?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Kaulin's "Fast and Furious" X2

[Recently I changed manufactures and couldnt be happier,I was with Hot Bodies for four years and Jay asked us to come aboard and run all of his products,I am and the first race out was the Tamaya Classic it was a great outing the car and motor performed perfect I came up short in the Pro B .I know I will be a contender this year with this loaded gun,if anyone needs help please ask if I cant help my Dad is one of the best pitmen around he'll take care of you also. Stay Fast Kaulin
Old 03-31-2009, 02:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Arrow X2 Setup Sheet (unofficial)

Hello,

This is a set-up sheet that I've made for me, with some little extras, and I decided to share here with you.
It's an editable PDF. I hope you like it

hxxp://softmod.no.sapo.pt/emodelismo/x2_buggy_en.pdf

Pedro Semeano

PS: You'll need to copy the link, paste it on your browser and change the "hxxp" to "http". Sorry but it seems that I need a certain number of posts to post URLs to other sites...
Old 03-31-2009, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's mine :

One is full of titanium. It's about 200g lighter than stock.

If u want the diff internals to last forever, use the hardened ones for HB lightning (I also heard that the HPI Savage ones fit too)

I run 5-5-1 in my diff & I'm quite pleased with it. Being a lead handed person, this car (together with an OS speed) helped me to graduate from middle 'B' main guy to middle 'A' main guy at my local track .

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 03-31-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Adept

Very cool. Thanks for all the feedback you guys. I was really hoping this topic would get some solid attention, and fortunately it has. Thanks and keep it up!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:42 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WOW!! This is wonderful guys!!! We gota keep this thread going!! I love my x1, but I am so siked up to getting my x2 its rediculous!! Everyone who has an x2 please continue to let us know about tuning tips that this buggy needs to compete. And please more photos!! I myself am a dedicated Jammin racer who couldn't be more pleased with my x2crt!!! For some reason the Jammin cars are overlooked by other brands. So its up to use to make it known that its definately a top qualifier!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team_Orange
NsideLine i feel your pain with the hotbodies i tried and tried with that thing for about 4 weeks and tried everything. If it wasnt a problem with the setup it was a freakin cvd that would break everytime. The jammin may not be the best car on a very tight indoor track but by god i finish every race lol. If anybody has time you can check out the local club track for the winter its www.newberryshobby.com and outdoor track is www.thunder-roadhobbies.com
Please dont get me wrong. I get taken very good care of by HPI/HB, I have a wonderful professional relationship with them. I just want to try something different because it could be better for me. And the hot bodies car is dialed, no doubt. I have done really well with it lately. I just want to see if we can possibly get a few more people out there running the x2 and see if I can go fast or faster with it. There may be things I'm not doing with the HB car that would allow me to be faster, but it may be simply that it isn't the very best car for me. We'll just have to see.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thought I would just post that the X2 conversion is on its way! Loved the X1 and can't wait to race the X2.

Please keep this post going. Great info so far.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Screw table for X2 rfor those considering Ti

Regards,
Joe Ling
Attached Files
File Type: doc
X2 CR screw table doc.doc (43.5 KB, 245 views)
Old 03-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Very cool, Thanks. Looks like I'll definitely be running an X2 soon. Should be getting the car in the next few days, and then I'll post pics of my build. Can't wait. Hope to get started before the weekend on it! Keep the posts rolling. Any more info regarding building and a good starting setup would be much appreciated!

Thanks for supporting this thread! Anyone have any more pics to post?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

anyone have any build tips or a good base set up for this buggy i jus ordered one and im stoked!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Default X2 Build

Just follow the general directions but we run for the diffs 5,7 2 the car is very tight with that set up but I recommend to calm it down by using a composite clutch 2 shoes and one aluminum with 1.0 springs, This is for the brave at heart, it makes the car feal really stuck. We also run the AKA tires not sponsored by them and we are still running those tires, they are strapped.I like the car to run lighter shock fluid with 1.4 pistons in the shocks,depending on the track and weather determins the fluid choice.I like the car to feel light and to have good timing over he jumps snd and try to stay smooth to save the car ,hope that helps. K.V.H.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.