Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin' X2 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smb17
Goin out to Revraceway next week going to try 1.3 piston with 35 oil front and 1.35 rear with 30 Any thoughts? What are you guys running at revelation raceway?
should be close depending on how hot it is. I use 1.38's kyosho's big bore pistons with 45-fr and 40 rear losi oils. It seems hard at first but as the oil warms up it frees up. Like it becomes lighter oil.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah last time I was there I had 1.4 in the front and 1.28 in the rear and was running 40-30 and it was alright. I really had to push hard into the corner to get it to handle alright. I'd make too many mistakes when I drive that hard. I'm still pretty new with the whole track thing but I think I do alright I can go about 5 mins. before I land on my lid lol. But yeah my goal is to find something more drivable for me. I got some smaller sway bars I am going to try also. I have a new engine coming in though so we'll see how everything works out from there.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Yeah last time I was there I had 1.4 in the front and 1.28 in the rear and was running 40-30 and it was alright. I really had to push hard into the corner to get it to handle alright. I'd make too many mistakes when I drive that hard. I'm still pretty new with the whole track thing but I think I do alright I can go about 5 mins. before I land on my lid lol. But yeah my goal is to find something more drivable for me. I got some smaller sway bars I am going to try also. I have a new engine coming in though so we'll see how everything works out from there.
I have a set of 1.40's set up with 50 in fr and 45 rear. Losi oil. they work also. the reason I tried the kyosho pistons was for packing. So the chassis was not slapping the ground. I set my ride height at 30mm fr/rear with the sway bar ends all the way to the end of the sway bars. depending on your engine I set up my clutch with mugan 90 springs. I am using a go tec 5 port. Dynamite are my clutch shoes. I think they are some long lasting ones. Best I have ever used,18.00 for 3. Am going to try answer clutch shoes. They come with 3 sets of springs and are the same price as dynamites. Basically you are bogging down the engine enough to stop spinning the rear around all the time. I like you am a beginner. What I have noticed the harder you drive the car the better it handles. It's just getting it set up to a beginning for your self. I have changed the 2 shock towers to aluminum's the chassis braces to kingheadz,the rear is from a jamminx1crt. And the front brace to aluminum. All the carbon-fiber went south right away. also put in the new center drive bones cvd's. You can get them off of ebay from special rc. He is in tiwan.From what chad bradly told me the center drive cups were made of soft steel,they have since been hardend.I have a friend that put 15mm pins in his dog bones. They stick out slightly from the cups but dam if they didn't wear.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ill be at revelation sunday, just finished my X2 conversion. not really planning on fiddling much with the setup just yet, more or less gonna be just re-learning how to drive the thing. havent really had much track time lately!
Attached Thumbnails Jammin' X2 Buggy-buggy1.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-buggy.jpg   Jammin' X2 Buggy-buggy2.jpg  
Old 08-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah I will probably be there Sunday too. Come say hi man or Ill say whats up if I see you. I'm trying to meet people out there. It gets pretty boring with no one to hang out with. I'll have a werks B5 in mine.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xyzyx00
Ill be at revelation sunday, just finished my X2 conversion. not really planning on fiddling much with the setup just yet, more or less gonna be just re-learning how to drive the thing. havent really had much track time lately!
I would take an aluminum front shock tower with. Thats the first peice that will break in a heavy crash. The one from the x1x cr will fit.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

I lied I coulden't make it to revrace. Ill be there thursday probably! Just broke in the new Werks B5 engine.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

I lied I coulden't make it to revrace. Ill be there thursday probably! Just broke in the new Werks B5 engine.
how do you like that engine.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

I've just driven it in the back yard so I don't have much to say about it yet. It's got killer bottom end compared to the v-spec. I'm happy with it.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Why isn't there much jammin talk?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

funny, i didnt make it either! if its not one thing its another- broke off my idle set screw saturday so i didnt go. im dying to get the new buggy out there! grrr... out of fuel and need new tires, theres another $75 ontop of the $40 carb i bought...
Old 09-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

I have a set of panther K2's that are in decent shape. I did a REALLY bad glue job but hey it stays on the track. I'll be glad to let you have them. If you're interested I'll re-balance them and bring them out thursday. They'd be better than nothing =/.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup
i hear you there

i just got my jammin X2 electric from jay and and outting it together this week! Looks good so far. i will be hopefully getting it out on the track this weekend.
Rick,
Will be buildig one up next week. Is there any recommendations for: Motor/Speed Contol combo, Battery size, Suspension setup, Diff setup, Clutch bell size/Clutch springs? Don't want to waste big $$ to try and figure out what many have already figured out that works well. Thanks for any assistance you can provide and looking forward to building/racing the Electric version.
Jason Burks
Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Jason Burks

I am running the Tekin stuff. witha 4s 500mah batt. i started with the same set-up as my gas car but i was crazy busy and didnt get to try anything as far as set-up. i was first trying to set-up the motor/speed control for the clutch with mechanincal brake. you have to have a slight brake programed into the speedo to disengange the clutch. i think my speed contol was set-up with level 4 brakes and level 2 drag brake. and i ran the stock clutch springs that came in teh conversion.

What i wanted to do if i had the time would be to go to a softer front spring and mayber lighter rear diff oil. but i did run a faster lap with my electric over my gas in quals, but not sure about the mains.

Also get a Hotbodies D8 servo horn for the steering so the link clears the servo. other than that it was really fun!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

I have a set of panther K2's that are in decent shape. I did a REALLY bad glue job but hey it stays on the track. I'll be glad to let you have them. If you're interested I'll re-balance them and bring them out thursday. They'd be better than nothing =/.
i deff appreciate the offer, but decided not to go tonight. will FOR SURE be there sunday, wait, the nitrohouse race is all this weekend... guess it'll have to be monday

Last edited by xyzyx00; 09-03-2009 at 10:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.