ABSOLUTELY INSANE TIRE DEAL - AKA, PROLINE, JCONCEPTS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ABSOLUTELY INSANE TIRE DEAL - AKA, PROLINE, JCONCEPTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

How is your normal stocking of 808 parts? I see alot of backorder,do you order when I place an order or will it sit on back order forever till you get around to it? I'm getting kinda over the huge online place here in cali,but they do have what I need. I loved & pushed carolinas hard till they stopped stocking,umm everything from everyone. How is your usps shipping? I spend the same or more from that big place 600 miles north of me in cali for shipping than I did from carolinas on the friggin atlantic ocean & carolinas will usually get here faster. Can you fill shoes that big? I'm gonna go spend more time checkin your site & see how it feels.

BTW had heard your shop name thrown around on truggy racers before, just was happy where I was shopping then.We'll see now..?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Alex with Mod Hobby is Awesome. Definitely worth buying from.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by butch man
How is your normal stocking of 808 parts? I see alot of backorder,do you order when I place an order or will it sit on back order forever till you get around to it? I'm getting kinda over the huge online place here in cali,but they do have what I need. I loved & pushed carolinas hard till they stopped stocking,umm everything from everyone. How is your usps shipping? I spend the same or more from that big place 600 miles north of me in cali for shipping than I did from carolinas on the friggin atlantic ocean & carolinas will usually get here faster. Can you fill shoes that big? I'm gonna go spend more time checkin your site & see how it feels.

BTW had heard your shop name thrown around on truggy racers before, just was happy where I was shopping then.We'll see now..?
ModHobby XRAY parts stock is generally pretty decent. Ryan Lopez XRAY Team driver works here. Right now, I am low on their stuff and need to get some things ordered. I have been battling them not having things in stock and backordered it to then fall into a black hole.

Generally the rule for back-orders are, if someone orders it, we order it immediately (usually takes 2 days), for most parts for kits, we re-order regularly and should have most parts on hand at all times. Kits are the biggest down fall for any hobby shop, the margins are slim and to carry the weight (investment) of a lot of kits is just very difficult at this time. Any kit that is backordered and as long as it is not back ordered from the distributor we can get within 2 days and turn it around on the 2nd day. SO if you live in the Southeast, that means 3 days to your door. Maybe 6-7 to Cali. After all we provide free shipping too on orders over $99.

Shipping...our main rule of thumb is...we almost ALWAYS use UPS. USPS is used mainly for orders under $50. Too many times have racers been screwed when they need something before a big weekend and it gets lost by USPS. IMO, the extra $3 or so to get it quicker and guaranteed is worth it.

Perspective: I think all components of the RC industry is feeling the heat of the economy, too often lately parts and products I normally could get with ease have been on backorder or are awaiting being shipping from their factory. My feeling is the distributors have cut back on their ordering and possible production of their proprietary brands (i.e. Spektrum). I have heard a lot of hobby shops going under these past few months. The ones that can make it through this have to make tough decisions and figure out smart ways to operate. I think that is why you may see a lot of online stores such as ModHobby and Carolinas having a lot of backordered items. Bare with us and hopefully we'll all be happy.

Thanks for asking and I hope this provides more insight on ModHobby and my friendly competitors.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by modhobby
ModHobby XRAY parts stock is generally pretty decent. Ryan Lopez XRAY Team driver works here. Right now, I am low on their stuff and need to get some things ordered. I have been battling them not having things in stock and backordered it to then fall into a black hole.

Generally the rule for back-orders are, if someone orders it, we order it immediately (usually takes 2 days), for most parts for kits, we re-order regularly and should have most parts on hand at all times. Kits are the biggest down fall for any hobby shop, the margins are slim and to carry the weight (investment) of a lot of kits is just very difficult at this time. Any kit that is backordered and as long as it is not back ordered from the distributor we can get within 2 days and turn it around on the 2nd day. SO if you live in the Southeast, that means 3 days to your door. Maybe 6-7 to Cali. After all we provide free shipping too on orders over $99.

Shipping...our main rule of thumb is...we almost ALWAYS use UPS. USPS is used mainly for orders under $50. Too many times have racers been screwed when they need something before a big weekend and it gets lost by USPS. IMO, the extra $3 or so to get it quicker and guaranteed is worth it.

Perspective: I think all components of the RC industry is feeling the heat of the economy, too often lately parts and products I normally could get with ease have been on backorder or are awaiting being shipping from their factory. My feeling is the distributors have cut back on their ordering and possible production of their proprietary brands (i.e. Spektrum). I have heard a lot of hobby shops going under these past few months. The ones that can make it through this have to make tough decisions and figure out smart ways to operate. I think that is why you may see a lot of online stores such as ModHobby and Carolinas having a lot of backordered items. Bare with us and hopefully we'll all be happy.

Thanks for asking and I hope this provides more insight on ModHobby and my friendly competitors.
Great post, Alex
Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Like I needed more tires?

Just ordered about 8 pairs lol! $11 to ship across the country you can't beat it! Thanks for the offer and I'll remember you for next time.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

so, lets say i spend $150 bucks on aka tires, does that mean I get 25% off my order?

alex, we need to do something at Petit Le Mans this year dude
Old 03-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShagNastyEk9
so, lets say i spend $150 bucks on aka tires, does that mean I get 25% off my order?

alex, we need to do something at Petit Le Mans this year dude
Yes that is what it means. 25% off order. Also, we are planning on a huge event with Road Atlanta at Petit this year, for sure. We have been working on arrangements with them since last Petit. Call me sometime to discuss it.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Originally Posted by modhobby
Yes that is what it means. 25% off order. Also, we are planning on a huge event with Road Atlanta at Petit this year, for sure. We have been working on arrangements with them since last Petit. Call me sometime to discuss it.

cool, how long will the sale be going? If my check looks good this week, I will place order. I will give you a call next week about Petit, would love to help out, was really hopeing you didnt give up on the idea after the problems last year