Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New shock absorber coming from the US.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Integra
I didn't know that part....ive heard and read about each indecent but had NO CLUE all them had tex's shocks on them......that sounds like something fishy is going on honestly.....just doesn't jive if you ask me.
Intgra what doesnt jive for you two team drives had their cars stolen. Both are drives for xray. The shocks have nothing to do with the cars getting ripped off. Just happen to have the shocks on them. There is nothing fish about anything. Jason and Nick just want their cars back im sure they could give a rats A@# about the shocks. Just because they have Tex's shocks on them doesnt mean anything. So if they had the same motors on them then that means something is fishy or dosent jive..... NO
Old 09-24-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

has anyone had a problem with the magnets coming off the piston ?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losiracer78
Intgra what doesnt jive for you two team drives had their cars stolen. Both are drives for xray. The shocks have nothing to do with the cars getting ripped off. Just happen to have the shocks on them. There is nothing fish about anything. Jason and Nick just want their cars back im sure they could give a rats A@# about the shocks. Just because they have Tex's shocks on them doesnt mean anything. So if they had the same motors on them then that means something is fishy or dosent jive..... NO
From what I know, these shocks aren't in production yet, and only a very select few have been put out for evaluation; you totally can't compare a prototype item issued in restricted quantities to something like an engine that is commercially available.

For what it's worth, does anyone know just how many sets are floating around out there in total?
Old 09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I guess the only way i would consider buying them is if the pros are using them. Otherwise its just another new product for the day
Old 09-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by captain america
From what I know, these shocks aren't in production yet, and only a very select few have been put out for evaluation; you totally can't compare a prototype item issued in restricted quantities to something like an engine that is commercially available.

For what it's worth, does anyone know just how many sets are floating around out there in total?
I know they are not the same and I know about the shocks.... I was maken a point . I have ran a set at Indy before. Jason and nick just want their stuff back and you have this person saying something is fishy. It some no good people stealing things from two great people
Old 09-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i think you read my post the wrong way buddy.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Tech Lord

I know they are not the same and I know about the shocks.... I was maken a point . I have ran a set at Indy before. Jason and nick just want their stuff back and you have this person saying something is fishy. It some no good people stealing things from two great people

again....read my post....Carefully....it WAS NOT meant to be as you are playing it out to be.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

Aye
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Stolen

Just for clarification on the stolen items it was three 808's and two XT8's all of them new 09' spec cars, and a bag (22 full sets of Buggy and Truggy tires) of AKA wheels and tires some mounted some not. I dont think whoever stole them new about the shocks but it would seem somebody knew what they were stealing and were we where.

And yes we would like our stuff back, the fact is even with insurance it will be very difficult to reaquire all that was stolen money wise. The other issue is with three big races left (TX state finals, Nitrocross worlds and the Pro Series race) it is hard to get the motors broke in and the cars handling like our old ones.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

I spoke to Tex the other day and he said they were doing a revision on one part of the shocks. No ETA on them being available, but this incident with the stolen cars doesn't seem to be a setback for him.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by bottomline2000
I spoke to Tex the other day and he said they were doing a revision on one part of the shocks. No ETA on them being available, but this incident with the stolen cars doesn't seem to be a setback for him.

Good to hear.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Champion

I don't think anyone in the industry would steal these on purpose.

Putting neodymium magnets in a shock and a custom flex chassis is hardly rocket science.

Probally someone from the track recognized your car and took advantage of the situation. Its not rare for things to disappear from a LHS and it be someone working there.

I sure hope it deosn't hurt Tex. We really need some real shocks. Isn't RCAmerica assosiated with Xray? So is it a big jump to think these things may see their way into Xray kits?

<-Not a wheel, but a rumor mill.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hey Tex do you need some video

I'm here in Tx too and I like to help out fellow Texans. When you get these pups ready to go give me a shout and I'll make you some excellent video of your shocks in action. I love to do close up slomo

Griz
Old 09-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by griz11
I'm here in Tx too and I like to help out fellow Texans. When you get these pups ready to go give me a shout and I'll make you some excellent video of your shocks in action. I love to do close up slomo

Griz

Now that would be cool....a comparison video in slo mo.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

any word on when they will hit the track yet?

Last edited by axle; 10-24-2009 at 07:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.