Community
Wiki Posts
Search

D8 vs RC8 vs X2

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NsideLine
The center dogbones??? - They are aluminum to reduce driveline weight. You can't get away with alum. universals very easily without way premature wear... And from everything I've seen, there is no downside to the driveline compnents on the X2.
Haven't owned the car myselves, so i wount argue with you, it just seem a bit jingly and loose, like my old monstertruck. Find it odd on a high-line racer.
But, combat proven, no doubt.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by casevac
Haven't owned the car myselves, so i wount argue with you, it just seem a bit jingly and loose, like my old monstertruck. Find it odd on a high-line racer.
But, combat proven, no doubt.
Lol, jingly! That's funny! I kept hearing a distinct popping sound erupt from Chad's car in an A-main at the airtronics challenge when it dropped down off this one section and the driveline grabbed as the wheels touched down under power, and it concerned me, but I think he just had a bad diff, or something, because I've listened for it since and vnever heard it again... I think, as long as its' maintained well, the car is pretty dialed and tight. I don't see it being any problem. But maybe you could find a similiar sized replacement if you really wanted.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Only issue with the drivetrain on the X2 that I've noticed is some premature wear on the pins of the aluminum driveshafts, and the lightweight center outdrives on the front and rear diffs. The lightweight outdrives on the center diff are fine, no wear.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Default No Question X2

I have raced all the buggies you speak of , I was sponsored by Hot Bodies and I liked the D8 but it is a different car than the X2 ,the plus of the X2 is fit and finish and the drive-ability . If you you want out of the box performance buy the X2 I highly recommend it..
Old 04-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The car is together and ready to be run, but it's still sitting on my shelf. In regards to finding parts, if they are available at all, my local hobby shop should have them. Also, I really don't plan on racing the car all that much, maybe once a month if I'm lucky, so I'm not too worried about premature wear, or breaking a ton of stuff. I am a Touring Car guy, and this car is just something to keep me in the racing scene between Touring races. If touring was more popular here I probably would have never even bought any 1/8th buggy. BTW, just got a new Cyclone and it is really nice. I wish HB/HPI would step up their parts availibilty though.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Smile

i would go the D8 just because i have one, it is a great car and has a great price to match. the only problem i have with it are some design problems such as the rear wing and diff houseings and just miner things that i as a first time racer have problems with.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i know you guys are talking about buggy but let me cut in sorry

i have 2 jammin cars X1 crt and X2 crt and i am getting another X2cr, so i believe what i am driving at