Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caster MK2 Grenade Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm a current team member for Caster and purchased my motor in Dec. I've run a gallon through and the power is perfect for my driving style. Plenty of power in all ranges. Was a bit of a pain to break in but thats expected with a new motor regardless of the make and model. I still heat it with the gun before a race. I"m a happy racer with the motor and ZX-1.5 buggy combo.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What plugs do you guys run?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
They've got an odd sense of humor by naming an engine the "grenade" Kinda like the robotronics "overloader" charger If I ever designed an ESC I'd name it the "smokebomb"
Dont hold it against them the chinese and taiwanese have a small understading of the western world and if there is no western face involved you might as well get use to the names Grenade,raven,rapida etc.

But the name doesnt mean the product is crap .Im sure the engine mentioned above will be a great engine .I wish caster alot of success

just my two cents worth
Old 03-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo
odonells plugs ran great in my gotechs ...much better than o.s. plugs ....97t would be a good plug if your gonna be in 60-80 degree weather ....hotter than that run a 99t ...if its cold where you are run a 77t ....inmho
Old 03-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have used both the racers edge 7 and the xtreme racing EHD mediums. both are really good plugs but i have some of those odonnells on order. hey zixxer post a link to the you tube vid of us breaking mine in.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by puba187
i have used both the racers edge 7 and the xtreme racing EHD mediums. both are really good plugs but i have some of those odonnells on order. hey zixxer post a link to the you tube vid of us breaking mine in.
you asked for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cworxylsEYI

i forgot how funny that was ...i had a great time that day
Old 03-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casevac
Who's selling these engines?
http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...roducts_id=268

I have the rods too but order should be in monday or tues to add them to stock.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by badassrevo
I always ran OS P3's in my GO's until recently I have used the Odonnell 77T's. Wierd thing is one is a ultra hot and one is like a medium but I can go back an forth between the plugs and not change my tune.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
I always ran OS P3's in my GO's until recently I have used the Odonnell 77T's. Wierd thing is one is a ultra hot and one is like a medium but I can go back an forth between the plugs and not change my tune.
77t = odonells version off hot ....never understood why people ran p-3's especially in hot environments ...ive always run medium plugs ...and work just fine .....i think someone just said hey o.s p3's are the plug to run in a gotech ..and people just took that as law
Old 03-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zixxer
77t = odonells version off hot ....never understood why people ran p-3's especially in hot environments ...ive always run medium plugs ...and work just fine .....i think someone just said hey o.s p3's are the plug to run in a gotech ..and people just took that as law

ahhh. cool to know. And yes I think people think P3's are the norm from what people say. It is why I ran them and did not have a problem.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hey guys what kind of run times are you getting out of the MK2
Old 03-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Temp isn't the only thing to consider when choosing a plug, you have to take into account how far above sea level you are, how much moisture there is in the air, what nitro % your using and what % of oil your using. A hotter plug will make the motor easier to start and give it a better idle, a colder plug will give you a little better performance.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

i like cold plugs with 30%, p8, 99t or dynamite #8.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
ahhh. cool to know. And yes I think people think P3's are the norm from what people say. It is why I ran them and did not have a problem.
try odonells 97t's you will spend less on plugs especially with that high compression motor

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
i like cold plugs with 30%, p8, 99t or dynamite #8.
+1 and especially in tampa

Originally Posted by moparsrule
Temp isn't the only thing to consider when choosing a plug, you have to take into account how far above sea level you are, how much moisture there is in the air, what nitro % your using and what % of oil your using. A hotter plug will make the motor easier to start and give it a better idle, a colder plug will give you a little better performance.
it all does have an effect ..i think ambient temp is most important ...and i also think people run p3's for tthe idle like you said ,,,but you can just tune the low speed needle properly and you dont have to worry about the idle
Old 03-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Dont hold it against them the chinese and taiwanese have a small understading of the western world and if there is no western face involved you might as well get use to the names Grenade,raven,rapida etc.

But the name doesnt mean the product is crap .Im sure the engine mentioned above will be a great engine .I wish caster alot of success

just my two cents worth
I approved the name, I live in Iowa, and I am basically the international face of Caster Racing.

I fully understood the consequences of it, but I was assured by Mario Rossi and Go that it would be as durable or more durable than any other motor out there as it has some "options" in it for increased power and durability.

I figured it was a great calculated risk as to name it grenade would assure that the name would never be forgotten and it has worked exactly how I wanted.

I have heard through the grapevine that some Caster guy put a v spec head on it and it bolted right on because there was someone giving them a hard time about running a grenade and that there was no way that some stupid Caster thing would beat their vspec.....

Long story short, after they won, they showed the other guy the motor and it said mk2 on the side. Apparenly they put the grenade head back on and did it again next round.

I think my whole team is class clowns.....gotta love them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.