Old 02-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

its all about novarossi
Old 02-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Branch
Not the Tuned version bud. Ours have the modded crank, 367 turbo head, turbo plug and all 4 carb inserts. Look again at the link I posted.
CB, your Siim's actually have the 359 head button if its turbo with o-ring. Good looking engines based on where & what they come with IMO.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rocket42

The closest you can get to an american made engine, with better specs. then the speed at a realistic price. then there is always the full mod version. engines are available now.
yeah but american made it will rust out after a year whereas with italian made you generally have to morgage your missus to buy it

Originally Posted by houston
its all about novarossi
yes, true that, i am a novarossi fanboy, tried cobra, but still prefer my nova's. I get a bit impatient tho, so far ,after 2.5 tanks in my X2, i thought stuff it, and started racing my new plus 4. im not too worried, if it wears out too soon, ill buy the parts needed break it in properly then get it modded.might sound like its a bit like going the long way about it, but i want to see what its like stock first. so far so good
Old 02-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
CB, your Siim's actually have the 359 head button if its turbo with o-ring. Good looking engines based on where & what they come with IMO.
Hmmmm, that could be right, but I know it is the special one with the oring around it.

They are extremely nice engines
Old 02-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So the factory tuned Plus 5 is $500, but the factory tuned Plus 4 is $299??!!

Colin those Siim's are looking better and better
Old 02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240
So the factory tuned Plus 5 is $500, but the factory tuned Plus 4 is $299??!!

Colin those Siim's are looking better and better
Yes, and the Factory tuned Siim is $275
Old 02-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Lord

stop winking at me....I get it now!!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaz240
stop winking at me....I get it now!!
Hahahaha! I have been in this hobby for 20 years and have done a lot of research before importing each and every product to ensure that it works and that I am selling them for a screaming deal.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default crap

i wish i had read the above before i bought my v-spec speed .21....so in 2 gals i'll have to replace the bearings.....if thats true can someone give me their address so i can go shoot them ? i mean that literally....

yep...i'm new....for every engine (and modder) out there i can find (lots) comments on how bad a deal it is or how fast it is....whats a newbie to do....
spend all his money and learn the hard way....but by then i'll be broke and destitute...and i'll have quit this hobby....and then the hobby will die out...wait a min....this hobby has been around for 20 yrs already ? i guess it is true...there is a sucker born every minute....oopppss.... my minutes up....bye
Old 02-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snmsnmsnm
i wish i had read the above before i bought my v-spec speed .21....so in 2 gals i'll have to replace the bearings.....if thats true can someone give me their address so i can go shoot them ? i mean that literally....

yep...i'm new....for every engine (and modder) out there i can find (lots) comments on how bad a deal it is or how fast it is....whats a newbie to do....
spend all his money and learn the hard way....but by then i'll be broke and destitute...and i'll have quit this hobby....and then the hobby will die out...wait a min....this hobby has been around for 20 yrs already ? i guess it is true...there is a sucker born every minute....oopppss.... my minutes up....bye
For newer hobbyists, I always recommend the Dynamite/Sportwerks/SH lines of engines. They run very well, provide plenty of power, and will not break the bank if you make a mistake and toast one(which will happen).
Old 02-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

you wont have to change the bearings out on a speed in 2 gallons of fuel, i have personally seen them go around 10 gallons with the stock bearings
Old 02-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snmsnmsnm

you let us know waht happens with the speed warnty if you do blow out a bearing or any thing within the first weak you run it
Old 02-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I guess I must be one of the lucky ones..I have bought 2 used motors in the past year, both were "claimed" to have only had 1 to 1 1/2 gallons through them, when I got both motors I did tear them both apart and both showed minimum wear..One was a Hot Mod P5/N Rex and the Other is a Novarossi Plus 21-7BT..both are ballistic..especially the Novarossi, I have 10 gallons through it now and it's stronger now than when i bought it, I have about 6 gallons through the Rex and it's fast..still runs great..But it is a "crap shoot" I rate it about the same as buying a used electric motor....I did pay a bit for the Nova ($200)..but I do know the person who I bought it from, The Rex I paid $90 shipped..and it's worth every penny..definitely faster than any GO .21..
Old 02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crawldad91
i believe grp is a trinity product! os makes ninja's
GRP is made by GRP not trinity nor Sirio. They're a single engine manufacturer.

Trinity engines are made by Sirio.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Lord

And Sirio engines are made by Star

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.