Wiki Posts
Search

Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Ok with my dx2 do I need a module? I just have the radio and receiver but it seems like I only have a 100 ft of response? Does anyone know if the poer loss is the problem here too? I have no control over the throttle or wheels but my truck just sits and idles? What is a module?
No you don't need a module with the dx2. it has a built in module basically. some radios use modules to you can switch between different broadcasting systems, like between spektrum and 75mhz. the dx2 doesn't have this feature. Did you bind the tx and rx recently? this may be your problem.

you really need to buy a ner rx battery. It is never good to rely on a beat up battery.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ya I just binded it. I ordered a new rx battery and it should be here friday. I will post after I try that.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Now I think I have blown another throttle servo because it is showing the same symtoms of the first. When I turn both my radio and servo on it is very jittery and there is not much response. Does anyone know how to do the radio tray cushioning. I have herd of this but dont know what to do.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, im pissed. I took my truck out to test the range of the radio without the engine running and I went decently far away where it was losing control before and it was working pretty well. Then I thought it was ok and started her up and what do you know, lost control after 45 or 50 feet. Do you think the engine could be causing something to go wrong? Also I think this rules out my radio being the problem right?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

I think that trying to diagnose a problem over the internet is difficult at best, so what radio did you use for the range test?? if it was the spektrum radio, does the antenna on the receiver exit the vehicle?? and did you cut that receiver antenna wire, some times when you bind a receiver to a radio you will get the twitchy servo, what happens when you shut off the radio and leave the car on??

A few more questions for you are, is the switch on the truggy new or really old as well, you can bypass the switch by plugging in the battery pack directly into the receiver, to see if it was the switch or not

How are the batteries in the radio??? brand new alkalines

Lastly what kind of battery pack did you put in the truggy, if it is a lipo battery, I have found they do not like being cold and will LOOSE VOLTAGE and go into failsafe after a minute or 2 of use, the receiver pack needs to be room tempature to get maximum benefit from them, I hope this all helps and try to let us know more info, so we can diagnose this pesky problem
Old 02-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok I was using a spektrum dx2 and it was used when I got it so I'm not sure if the receiver wire has been cut. When I turn my radio off I set the fail safe so it goes straight to brake. It just seems like the radio has no range. Ni i wasnt using a lipo receiver pack and the tx batts are fresh. Also my receiver batt i dont think can be bad becuase it sems to work fine when im near it. Also does anyone know how long a spektrum receiver wire should be? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

???
Old 02-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Initiate

How long is your reciever wire ( Dx2 ) .?

Has the radio been dropped.

Id say, try new batteries in the TX anyways...

OR,

I read on RCU that some people were having problems with the TX antenna on their DX2, something about the coaxil wire coming off the chip board or something like that. You might wanna check that.

Easiest way is, look at the part where the antenna folds down, can you see that whiteish wire. Does it look frayed or anything.?
Old 02-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The rx wire should be around 6-8 inches. That was eyeballing it though.

Are you selling your 8ight-t? I see it on the fs/trade forum.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

The white wire looks fine and my receiver wire has to be atleast 8 or 10 inches
Old 02-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Long shot.. Is your carb sticking. This could be next to impossible, but you never know...?
Old 02-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It is difficult to diagnose problems over the internet. It would be better if you can find someone locally to help you with your problem. We will try to help you with your problem but I have a couple of questions first. What type of battery are you using? If you are using a Lipo pack, what type of regulator are you using?

I would check the servo wires. You could have a loose or exposed wire. Exposed servo wires can cause glitching especialy when they touch anything metallic.

Another suggestion I have is to set your failsafe to nuetral. I have had and seen my fair share of servos burning because the failsafe was set to full brake.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ya I checked this as well but no. Its not only throttle now its wheels get really lagy when I get far away also.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Ya I checked this as well but no. Its not only throttle now its wheels get really lagy when I get far away also.
OK...when you mean the wheels get laggy, do you mean the front wheels as you turn the radio's steering wheel? If so, and the front wheels are slow to respond, it could be a bad receiver battery. How old is the battery? If it is a NiMH battery, discharge it then slowwly charge the battery back to capacity. If you are using a Lipo battery and its voltage has fallen below 3.0 volts per cell, it is difficult to bring those batteries back to their previous condition.

Are you able to take a vidoe of theproblems you are having? If we can actually see what is going on with your rig, we might be better able to help solve your problem.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tree
It is difficult to diagnose problems over the internet. It would be better if you can find someone locally to help you with your problem. We will try to help you with your problem but I have a couple of questions first. What type of battery are you using? If you are using a Lipo pack, what type of regulator are you using?

I would check the servo wires. You could have a loose or exposed wire. Exposed servo wires can cause glitching especialy when they touch anything metallic.

Another suggestion I have is to set your failsafe to nuetral. I have had and seen my fair share of servos burning because the failsafe was set to full brake.
+1 about the failsafe. thats what I told him already. But people don't listen.

If the problem only exists when the engine is running it is most likely a vibration problem. It could be a vibration in the reciever, servo or any other connection. Seeing as to you have already tried 2 recievers and servos I would say it is in your switch or another connection. replace the switch or bypass it to test. you really are better off finding someone with some experience near you to help. It is very hard to diagnose over the internet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.