Wiki Posts
Search

Attention Kingheadz motor mount user's

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Attention Kingheadz motor mount user's

After a couple calls with Jim at Kh i have found a small glitch while using a couple components together with his motor mount in the Losi 8ight vehicles

basically the Jammin Jpx line up which would include the Picco evo2 and evo 3...Trinity Drake .21/.28..LRP .21..and the .28 version of the Jpx...Will ALL touch the motor mount finger that connects both side's of the mount in the Forward Mount position Only....pics will say it better.

Not much grinding is required and can easily be done in a couple of min with a dremel.

Jim at Kh told me they will update what stock they have now so it shouldn't be a problem in the future. but for the guys who might want to run in the forward position this is what you'll have to do is you run the motor's in question.

If any one wants to forward this to any other forum out there...Jim said Go for it...the more people know the better.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

I encountered the same thing but with a picco .28 on a mbx5t prospec one piece engine mount. The crankcase hits at the same spot as it does on the KH one.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
I encountered the same thing but with a picco .28 on a mbx5t prospec one piece engine mount. The crankcase hits at the same spot as it does on the KH one.

ill make sure to let Jim know....and or tell him to check in on the thread once in a while in case more issues are found.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

what would be cool is if someone made an engine mount that would function like an X Y table and after you adjust it front to rear and then mesh it you could cinch it down....that would be bad!