Wiki Posts
Search

Werks engines?? anybody run them??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
How is the durability of the 2013. I have heard horror stories of it deforming on light driving.
You look at that pipe wrong and it dents, but it is a great pipe on Sirio and other motors, and it sounds killer. My friend ran it with my GRP and it worked great on that motor also.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default thanks for the info

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Predetonation due to too hot of a glow plug or too tight of a compression setting may cause excessive carbon buildup. I just clean my piston top and turbo button with steel wool.

The sure sighn is any pitting on the piston. Don't mistake pitting in the carbon for pitting on the piston (clean it first). If after a wipe with steel wool theres little dot holes then thats detonation.

The first Conrod deosn't last as long in engines that come from the factory with too much pinch. Breakin methods can really make a difference on real tight engine types.

How much fuel was ran thoughthe engine when if poofed.
I believe it was on it's third gallon, I can't be sure b/c he bought it used. Also the kid doesn't know a lot about engines yet. I didn't look at it really close, but another guy at the track who knows a thing or two looked at it for him and kind of diagnosed it for him. I think if he had just replaced the rod as you stated he would have avoided this problem, but he's going back to the same guy that sold him that engine to buy his other werks, I'm going to try to tell him to put a new rod in it before he runs it justt to be on the safe side. I read earlier somewhere GO rods fit, is that tru? or should he just get a sirio/werks rod?