Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to buy?? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just got back into RC, not knowing what I wanted I bought a Baja 5B SS, MBX6, 8ight-T, EB-4, RC10T4, a couple of road cars, and a Slash.

My favorite?

The two cheapest ELECTRIC vehicles. The Slash racing is stupid fun, and racing 2WD truck is hella fun too. Cost is minimal and maintenance is almost zero. I would suggest if you're new going electric, you'll thank me later! I wish I hadn't bought so many cars, I should have just played around at the track more. Oh.. well the Gasoline Powered Baja is the ultimate basher vehicle, and it's low maintenance too. Nitro = pain in the ass!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ya I have a slash and it is really cool. I want a nitro because in the summer while the slash is fun big outdoor tracks are a bit much for it and also I just want something that rips! Another thing is I want a more real driving experience with the nitro and that pain in the ass(tuning and installing new parts) is some of the fun for me. To me nothing feels better after you install something you've wanted for a while into your car and it works perfectly and the same with tuning. I just want one electric one nitro!!! Any other opinions on the st-i,upgrades to get, fuels to get and that type of stuff would be good.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

I can get this (http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ale-cheap.html) for 80$. Is this a good deal? Also What will I need to complete it. I know the major stuff like motor and rx/tx but what other little stuff will I need. Also what is some good quality stuff to get for it? Any help would be great.

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-08-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

anyone??
Old 01-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

any other suggestions maybe some buggy suggestions and fuel suggestions.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by [email protected]
any other suggestions maybe some fuel suggestions.
Sidewinder 20/12.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

just so you know , i love giving advice like this.for one the thuder tiger , or whatever you called it. doesnt seem vary note worthy. if your going to get a truggy go w/ a top of the line rtr cause for one, you got it running right away two, you can basically buy hop-ups and up-grades as you go or need to buy them. only diff in the kits are better quality parts which in most cases the parts that are on the kit that are better quality can be substituded onto your rtr , so now you got spares.

now as for the truggy id buy and i think you should look into is a 8ight rtr, ofna hyper st rtr, or the rc8t rtr which i think they will be coming out by the time you plan on buying your truck. i know right now there are ofna hyper st's on ebay for $370.00 and 8ight-t's for $497.00. those are both top of the line truggies and can virtually be completely motified. the 8ight-t' got a spin-start which are bassically hassle free. the spin-start has a handle type deelly and a starter wand you attach to it. and you put it in the rear of the engine and just press a button. and for the hyper st. it has a pull start like you've allready been informed. there not that bad. was hesitaing buying a truck w/ a pull start . due to the fact i had a 70 3-wheeler when i was young and it was a pain, completly diff in rc.....whew thats alot of info: )

buggies are really great. i wouldnt listen to the guy whos says buggies are just for racing and doesnt think there good for anything else. lots and lots of people buy buggies matter a fact i think there the most common type of all around rc, off-road, in the steet, on a treack, or just bashing the crap out of em. i like buggies., now buying a buggy same deal as the truggy, buy rtr and up-grade as needed or as your knowledge grows about the sport/hobby of rc. plus rtrs are great first cars. good ones to look a are losi 8ight, hyper's by ofna, the tq black looks pretty good id buy one if i had a million $"s along www/about 30 other cars. associated rc8, there are some other brands like mugen, kyosho, o'donnall, xray, or hot bodies, but there pretty much all kits and for the more advanced racer.look em though you might get hooked..

well i think ive run out of things to say now. hope you wernt to offended by all the stuff i have to say..you know you might want to look into monster trucks too. there really great fun. and ive heard of lots of people racing MT"s. ones to look into, revo 3.3(that one guy says no traxxas well thats just bull. no offence no traxxas guy). or the losi lst2, or lst xxl or the t-maxx, or the savage. they make a few of these but the x 4.6 is the one i like best. associated mgt or mini mgt. those are all really good ones. last thing. you mentioned earlier on about a set up. as for excessories it looks good, but the only thing your missing is a good hauler bag. a must! look into them a good site to start at wood be wingtote.com. well thats about it. hope you enjoy reading about my opinions and about what i know. so ll be seeing ya and remmber,"have fun". your pal, clay unruh
Old 01-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
any other suggestions maybe some buggy suggestions and fuel suggestions.
for your buggy...........FT rc8
www.rc10.com

for your fuel..............EB Mods 20/30%
www.ebmods.com
Old 01-11-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

since I am new to nitro what do ou guys think would be overall more fun for racing and bashing. Also since buggies are more low to the ground can they get over grass easily and which would be more easy to tune and maintain seeing as I am new so I on't want to spend 500$ and blow it because I cant tune.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

also what are your thoughts on the hyper st verse the thunder tiger st-1 because I have read alot of reports that the hyper st runs really hot but have read only good things about the st-1.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

anyone???
Old 01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah, i heard the st is one great truck. matter of fact they have them at nitrohouse and on ebay for around $389.00 rtr. thats about $200.00 cheaper from when they first came out. imbuying one when i get payed at the end of the month. ive wanted a hyper st for a while now. arent they one of the best looking truggies you've seen. love those rims, as for comparing it to the thunder tiger truggy. i dont really like the thunder tiger cars. and i cant tell you why, they just dont look or seem to be one of the top of the line rc's clay
Old 01-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

ya I love the look of the hyper st but i've been reading that the macstar isn't a godd engine, have you read anything like this or have you read all good things?? Also does anyone have any ideas on a cheap kit that would level out all toll to around 450$$. If you can think of one list the stuff I would need to get please.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

???
Old 01-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

anybody have any thoughts on the caster k8t truggy. I heard it was a top of the line rtr truggy??

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-11-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.