Search
Like Tree3Likes

Pit Trailer Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)
Default Pit Trailer Ideas

Ok guys I need some ideas for my newly purchased pit trailer. I will be picking it up Friday and from the factory it will be wired w/lights, electrical outlets, & AC as well as being fully insulated. It is a 8.5 x 16' V-Nose. What I need help with is workbench, cabinets, storage cabinets etc ideas. I guess my question is if it were yours what would you do?

I will also be using the trailer to sell parts out of and help promote my new website (under construction) at the tracks here in the SE. With that said I will need a good bit of storage space.

I will post pics when I pick it up this weekend.

Thanks for any and all ideas.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

just a suggestion, maybe a awning on the side, cash register for all the money you will hopefully make...LOL
Old 01-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://www.listaintl.com/files/cabinet.aspx

not cheap but they are one of the best
Old 01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I honestly would just do simple cabinets, and a bench. Then maybe have a board with the hooks to hang parts. No reason to do it any harder, just keep certain brands in a certain box then once arrived just through the parts on the wall. Trailers are sick wish i had the cash.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Adept

I seen this thread at rc universe, that this guy made one and documented everything that he did and it was awesome. I am picky and i would have killed for this pit trailer. I will try to find the link for ya. He took pics and everything.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

This ones worth a look

http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...t-trailer.html

And how to build it

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...roject-ii.html
Old 01-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Flipfly
YEPP that's the one I was looking for. That trailer is awesome. Nice job finding it.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=calrosse;8519197]YEPP that's the one I was looking for. That trailer is awesome. Nice job finding it.[/QUOTE

Make your work area office desk height so you sit in a office chair with wheels and your able to move around. I looked around and got priced to build cabinets but i ended up buying a 4 drawer kitchen cabinets and cutting the bottom drawer off and that made it right height. I didn't like sitting on a stool working on my cars hard on the back. For the counter top i used 3/4 plywood and cut to size and covered with Formica.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by calrosse
YEPP that's the one I was looking for. That trailer is awesome. Nice job finding it.
Took me a little while, but glad to help out.

I'd love something like that, but I have to make do with my pop up day room. Don't have to worry about parking and I can cruise down the highway at 80+
Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I built a trailer 5 years ago and put everything I could think of into it. It is nice but I missed something very important. I never really put much thought into going to out of town races. Now when I go out of town I have to rent a hotel. I wish I would have allocated some living space for a bed so I could save on the hotel. The other two things I regret you already got right - v nose and at least 8 foot wide.

Good luck and post some pics.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Flipfly
Took me a little while, but glad to help out.

I'd love something like that, but I have to make do with my pop up day room. Don't have to worry about parking and I can cruise down the highway at 80+
I still cruise at 80+ with my trailer! LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theblackbart
I still cruise at 80+ with my trailer! LOL
Me too.

I bought some kitchen cabinets from Lowes and cut the bottom part off of them so my countertop sits at a comfortable height when I am seated. I bought a 6' piece of the laminated counter top from Lowes to go on it. Used some small L brackets to hold it all together and to the floor and wall. My trailer is the same width as yours, so I had the cut a notch in the back of one of my cabinets to clear the wheel well. Depending on the interior height, you can get some of the 12" overhead cabinets and mount up high over your work area. Mount a light under the top cabinets to light up your work bench.
I agree with the above statement about having somewhere to relax/sleep if you plan going to the multi day races. It will save you some money in the long run. An air mattress will work fine until the sleeping quaters sorted out.
The awning is another item to consider, but you can just use an E-Z UP if you already have one.
Here is a quick pic of my work area with the cabinets, countertop, and overhead cabinets. I have some pegboard on the opposing wall that I hang the buggies on to keep them out of the way.

I'll be following this thread to see how it comes together for ya.

Stephen
Old 01-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Originally Posted by toobad4u
Me too.

I bought some kitchen cabinets from Lowes and cut the bottom part off of them so my countertop sits at a comfortable height when I am seated. I bought a 6' piece of the laminated counter top from Lowes to go on it. Used some small L brackets to hold it all together and to the floor and wall. My trailer is the same width as yours, so I had the cut a notch in the back of one of my cabinets to clear the wheel well. Depending on the interior height, you can get some of the 12" overhead cabinets and mount up high over your work area. Mount a light under the top cabinets to light up your work bench.
I agree with the above statement about having somewhere to relax/sleep if you plan going to the multi day races. It will save you some money in the long run. An air mattress will work fine until the sleeping quaters sorted out.
The awning is another item to consider, but you can just use an E-Z UP if you already have one.
Here is a quick pic of my work area with the cabinets, countertop, and overhead cabinets. I have some pegboard on the opposing wall that I hang the buggies on to keep them out of the way.

I'll be following this thread to see how it comes together for ya.

Stephen
Thanks Stephen, looks nice. That is something like I am thinking for one side of the trailer except longer as I want to have room for a few racing buddies as well. I am kind of stumped on what to put in the v-nose part of the trailer. Looks like because of the V whatever I get will have to be custom built and I am no carpenter.

Thanks for all of the ideas and suggestions guys, please keep them coming.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You could build a simple bed (Twin size?) with storage for totes underneath?

Or build a counter and have all of your sales stuff up there ( register, cash box, binders for parts or prices) That is the way I have seen some set up around here.

Good luck!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have a vnose and put a work bench in the v. after a year of racing out of the trailer i like the bench i put on the side wall better. i am thinking about maybe just a nice chair and some storage in the v so u have a place for u or others to just hang out on a long day just an idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.