Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by khudzik
LOSA1734 is the same as LOSA1711 except for the color, both are inclined 10 degrees. LOSA1733 same as LOSA1706 except for the color, both are 12 degrees. They also make a complete 12 degree set now, part # LOSA1728. The new black color scheme on these parts was introduced when Losi released news of their European Edition buggy.

www.overdriverc.com
WRONG! Only the black annodized parts are inclined. Sorry, but LOSA1711 and LOSA1706 are NOT inclined.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
WRONG! Only the black annodized parts are inclined. Sorry, but LOSA1711 and LOSA1706 are NOT inclined.
I'm going to stand by my statement, I'm looking at LOSA1706 and LOSA1733 right now. Sorry to say but I don't see any difference whatsoever except for color. Well, Horizon assigned different names to them too.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

I'm going to stand by my statement, I'm looking at LOSA1706 and LOSA1733 right now. Sorry to say but I don't see any difference whatsoever except for color. Well, Horizon assigned different names to them too.
LOL OK then. The new black annodized parts are inclined 5 degrees. The 10* or 12* does NOT represent the incline. That number represents the caster angle. Sorry bud, but there IS a difference.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by shady3031
They are the same for the old and new style. The old style you will be able to see the number (1 or 0 or .5) through the metal part where the new ones only have a tiny hole where the plastic bushing goes
Thanks I have the new style then I remember reading back a few pages that their were issues with the pins popping out was that the old or new setup?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Inclined...

http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA1728
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA1729
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA1733
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA1734

Not inclined...

http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA1706
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA1708
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA1711

Notice the INCLINED in the description of the first four.

I hope that will clear it up a bit for those who still don't understand.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
LOL OK then. The new black annodized parts are inclined 5 degrees. The 10* or 12* does NOT represent the incline. That number represents the caster angle. Sorry bud, but there IS a difference.
+1
Old 04-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

"Inclined" in the name refers to front spindles and not spindle carriers we were talking about. It's the carriers that bear 10 degree and 12 degree marks, the front spindles are identical, once again except for the color. In fact, I have both the new black ones and the older pewter color front spindles in my hands right now and there's no difference (save for color).

Let me ask you something, if the difference in incline between the older carriers and the newer carriers is not caster (as you said yourself caster angle is represented by the 10 or 12 degree designation) then what is it? The only two other axis are toe and camber.

And I'm still standing by my first statement.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Look at the top where the upper camberlink mounts. The new inclined black ones the bolt is horizontal just like the stock plastic ones. The old style silver aluminum ones the bolt is vertical and you add shims to adjust camber gain. The caster is still the same whether its 10* or 12* respectively, that is measured in relation to the lower hingpin holes, on the new hubs the kingpin hole has been angled 5 degrees, but the angle of the carriers in the hubs is the same.

For those that think they are the same then don't buy them and you can follow or try to follow the guys that buy them around the track as everyone I have talked to running them says they will be a very popular item no matter the cost.

Drake and Truhe said they are always testing and trying new stuff, when they tried these, it was noticably better instantly.
So if you don't want them, don't buy them, but don't sit here and argue about it either. I will try and post pics of both when I get home as I have both, but I am also packing to go out of town racing tonight.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

"Inclined" in the name refers to front spindles and not spindle carriers we were talking about. It's the carriers that bear 10 degree and 12 degree marks, the front spindles are identical, once again except for the color. In fact, I have both the new black ones and the older pewter color front spindles in my hands right now and there's no difference (save for color).

Let me ask you something, if the difference in incline between the older carriers and the newer carriers is not caster (as you said yourself caster angle is represented by the 10 or 12 degree designation) then what is it? The only two other axis are toe and camber.

And I'm still standing by my first statement.

The incline actually refers to both the spindle and carrier. There in fact is a difference between the black pieces and the gray pieces(both spindles and carriers). The incline has nothing to do with caster(the inclined carriers still have caster angles of 10 and 12 degrees). The incline is in a different axis than the caster is. If going by the axises you described, it is on the "camber axis". This doesn't mean that your camber will be any different however.

Think of it this way. We'll say the stock king pins are in a completely vertical position on the standard spindle/carrier. With the new inclined spindle/carrier that vertical line has been rotated/tilted 5 degrees. In doing so the king pins are now inclined 5 degrees. You would think that would change your camber correct? Wrong! The spindle has been re-shaped in a way that your camber setting can remain what it was, but you still have an extra 5 degrees of inclination in the king pins.

I hope I got that right above^^ But I can tell you FOR SURE that there IS A DIFFERENCE!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shady3031
Look at the top where the upper camberlink mounts. The new inclined black ones the bolt is horizontal just like the stock plastic ones. The old style silver aluminum ones the bolt is vertical and you add shims to adjust camber gain. The caster is still the same whether its 10* or 12* respectively, that is measured in relation to the lower hingpin holes, on the new hubs the kingpin hole has been angled 5 degrees, but the angle of the carriers in the hubs is the same.

For those that think they are the same then don't buy them and you can follow or try to follow the guys that buy them around the track as everyone I have talked to running them says they will be a very popular item no matter the cost.

Drake and Truhe said they are always testing and trying new stuff, when they tried these, it was noticably better instantly.
So if you don't want them, don't buy them, but don't sit here and argue about it either. I will try and post pics of both when I get home as I have both, but I am also packing to go out of town racing tonight.
X2^^

LOL I guess we were posting at the same time. I type slow!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

They are different..... I have both sets in my hand right this second, well in front of me, If you look there is a difference. And they are a must have - big difference in how the car handles in the turns.. both in and out.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Maybe this will explain it better...

The angle of the Axle/Hex hub/Wheel+tire remains the same, but the king pins are inclined an extra 5 degrees. Is that less confusing?? I don't know if I am explaining it well, but there is in fact a difference in both the spindles and carriers.

BTW I would let someone at that Overdrive place know that their descriptions are wrong on the old gray parts(LOSA1711 and LOSA1706) as they aren't in fact inclined.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Thanks I have the new style then I remember reading back a few pages that their were issues with the pins popping out was that the old or new setup?
The pins popping out was with the old style, but I have seen a buddy break one of the new style, it broke the added piece off. So it will still work just fine it just looks like the old style.
Hope this helps
Old 04-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Too many pages to read, but what are some of the advanatges to these?
Old 04-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by l3asher
Too many pages to read, but what are some of the advanatges to these?
I tested them last weekend and the control was better throughout the corner. I was able to make more controlled passes with less out of control rotation and more linear steering. I even had a brief moment of brilliance where I made an inside pass around a 180 leaving the truggy I passed slower and on the outside without touching him, it was beautiful and even got cheers from the crown. IDK if I could have made that move with such precision without the inclined parts. Bottom line is I like them and the difference is even more noticeable in the buggy. I just feel like I am in more control through the corners.

So is LOSA1729 spindle the same spindle that is in the LOSA 1728 set?
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA1728
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA1729

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.