Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys another quick question.
Does the Race roller come with the V2 towers? Also what is the Big difference between roller and the RTR? I know the Roller you build yourself but what I’m getting at is parts wise? Also does the RTR have the pins to remove the radio tray like the Roller? Does the fuel tank remove on the rtr like the roller? just trying to see what are the main differences thanks GUYS!!!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Beenbreto
Does the Race roller come with the V2 towers? Also what is the Big difference between roller and the RTR? I know the Roller you build yourself but what I’m getting at is parts wise? Also does the RTR have the pins to remove the radio tray like the Roller? Does the fuel tank remove on the rtr like the roller? just trying to see what are the main differences thanks GUYS!!!

No the V2 is a hop-up not standard tank and radio tray all the same biggest upgrade from RTR to Roller are the chassis and shock towers.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The roller doesn't come with the new tower, but it may sometime in the future. The roller comes pre-built, but it's best just to go over once and make sure everything is right.

The main difference between the roller and the RTR is the chassis, shock-towers, bottom/top shock caps and some other parts. Everything on the RTR is mounted the exact same way as the roller.

What pins on the radio tray are you talking about?

Last edited by pyromania; 01-23-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm in the process of setting up a spare motor for my cars. I'm running the losi quick change mounts both.

One of them is an 8B version one and the other is a 2.0 truggy.

Will the 2.0 flywheel be ok to use on the 1.0?

If this is possible then it is just a matter of throwing a clutch bell on the motor and dropping it in the car
Old 01-24-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
The roller doesn't come with the new tower, but it may sometime in the future. The roller comes pre-built, but it's best just to go over once and make sure everything is right.

The main difference between the roller and the RTR is the chassis, shock-towers, bottom/top shock caps and some other parts. Everything on the RTR is mounted the exact same way as the roller.

What pins on the radio tray are you talking about?
The pins im talking about are to remove the radio tray. I think there are like 2 cottor pins on each end and when those are out the whole raido tray comes out? Is the 1.0 set up like that?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The pins im talking about are to remove the radio tray. I think there are like 2 cottor pins on each end and when those are out the whole raido tray comes out? Is the 1.0 set up like that?
the tank and the tray have screws that hold them on. there r 4 screws from the bottom that hold the tray and the tank has 2 screw that go to the tank mounts. no pins. all 8 seris cars were this way both buggy and truggy.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

You are talking about the body clips that hold down the battery box top. 1.0 and 2.0 trays are the same here. I hVe had the tray break here so I use little screws to hold the battery box top down.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Hey guys quick question. What does the set screws that put pressure on the sway bar do. Do they effect the performance? I noticed my front one is really tight and the back has all kind of play as they are backed out. Thanks....
Old 01-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bman's 3XNT
Hey guys quick question. What does the set screws that put pressure on the sway bar do. Do they effect the performance? I noticed my front one is really tight and the back has all kind of play as they are backed out. Thanks....
what i do is i set the sway bar so there is no movement then back that set screw out just a little so the bar moves freely
Old 01-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by losi_racer
what i do is i set the sway bar so there is no movement then back that set screw out just a little so the bar moves freely

how much back and forth play do you have on your sway bars? just a tick of play.

on a rough blown out track should, the sway bars be fully loose but not enough where the set screws fall out?
Old 01-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
how much back and forth play do you have on your sway bars? just a tick of play.

on a rough blown out track should, the sway bars be fully loose but not enough where the set screws fall out?
idk what to do as far as setup thats just what i do at all tracks. you want free movement, no restriction. putting pressure on the bar will cause a different handling characteristics,
Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The sway bar set screws are there to adjust the amount of play when changing to different size bars. The sway bars should ALWAYS MOVE FREELY with just a bit of slop.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Before you connect the sway bar links, tighten the set screws until you feel friction on the bar while moving up and down through the travel. Back the set screw off so there is just the slightest amount of friction. This adjustment makes the sway bar react to the slightest amount of chassis roll.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

with the 2.0 bar there is a lot of slop in the saddle, does this affect it
Old 01-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vlad_vy
Before you connect the sway bar links, tighten the set screws until you feel friction on the bar while moving up and down through the travel. Back the set screw off so there is just the slightest amount of friction. This adjustment makes the sway bar react to the slightest amount of chassis roll.
So, would it be safe to say that tightening the set screws to apply more pressure would be like going to a stiffer bar? To a point..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.