Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking New rear v2 tower

I read the pages and knowone actually said or posted how they set this up. So I used the inner hole on my hubs and the new outer lower hole on the tower. I cut 4.88mm off each end of my link to maintain the same camber. Can anyone confirm if that was the setup used by the pros for this new tower. Thanks Btw Hi I'm the new guy.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by l3asher
They are the same part number, don't see why not.
The reason im asking is because i dont want to buy new ones and they look different, the rears do, the front are the same.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HR-1320
I read the pages and knowone actually said or posted how they set this up. So I used the inner hole on my hubs and the new outer lower hole on the tower. I cut 4.88mm off each end of my link to maintain the same camber. Can anyone confirm if that was the setup used by the pros for this new tower. Thanks Btw Hi I'm the new guy.
Thats what I am being told. You can also use the 2nd to inner hole on the hub and the new outer hole on the tower if the camber gain/ body roll is too much.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
The 2.0 is a whole different truck. Too many parts are different to even try to make a 1.0 into a 2.0. I have seen guys just do the chassis and rear center driveline and that's a pretty good conversion but it's still not a 2.0. I have had my 2.0 since it came out and I love it. It's a night and day difference. I have a buddy that I race with that finallympicked up a used 2.0 and he can't believe that he waited this long to switch from his 1.0. A good used 2.0 usually goes for 300-350 with some upgrades. I would go for the 2.0. As for the 2.0 body on a 1.0 it has been done but it takes a little doing.
thanks Frank for the answer, guess ill keep looking for a used one

cheers

Ali
Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sicsam
The reason im asking is because i dont want to buy new ones and they look different, the rears do, the front are the same.
I see that on the parts pdf they are the same.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Blackie001
Tried Casey's setup, I don't think it's for me, but I didn't get a good chance to try it out.....

I had my rear right drive shaft pop out of the output cup. The driveshaft end had always been very close to the outside of the cup (on the rear, front is well engaged). It didn't make sense to be the mod as I was still running the same camber. Put the car on the track & it happened again. Found under full arm lift (compressed shock) the pin, when at the bottom of the rotation was basically out. Change back to my original setup & it happened again. The left side JUST stays in, but right.... the diff is correctly shimmed. Now the slot openings are slightly damaged so it comes out fairly easily. Ending up finishing the day with 19mm (that's 3/4" for you guys using the outdated measuring system...) of fuel tube on the shock shaft to control the maximum movement.

Is this a know problem, or is it just me? Another guy at our track, has had the same problem with the front, but not rear. My front shafts are quite well engaged & couldn't pop out.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Pete.
Thought some pics might help.

This pic shows the position when lower arms are parallel to the ground.

This shows the position of the right one when the shock is at full compression.

Really don't know how to solve this problem apart from machining up some new outdrive cups & make them about 2mm longer.....

Pete.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

this is what you do , if you have not moded the rear links to be shorter then you would need to run the links on the inside lower hole on the shock tower and the outer most hole on the hub

if you have did the mod like my self, you will need to run it on the lower out side hole on the tower and the 2nd outer hole on the hub..

then adjust your camber to how you want...
Old 01-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by reggie l.
this is what you do , if you have not moded the rear links to be shorter then you would need to run the links on the inside lower hole on the shock tower and the outer most hole on the hub

if you have did the mod like my self, you will need to run it on the lower out side hole on the tower and the 2nd outer hole on the hub..

I allready modded it and installed like I described. And of course located the shocks on the new outer hole at the top of the tower. So I'll just try it and see. I guess I should have did one side first and assembled it and watched the difference throughout the suspension travel to see the effects it made to the camber while in motion.
What are we trying to acheive with this mod? do you want the camber to stay at say 2 deg throughout the travel or do you want more neg camber as the suspension compresses to plant the tire better?
Old 01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

I allready modded it and installed like I described. And of course located the shocks on the new outer hole at the top of the tower. So I'll just try it and see. I guess I should have did one side first and assembled it and watched the difference throughout the suspension travel to see the effects it made to the camber while in motion.
What are we trying to acheive with this mod? do you want the camber to stay at say 2 deg throughout the travel or do you want more neg camber as the suspension compresses to plant the tire better?
i would say its more of this "want more neg camber as the suspension compresses to plant the tire better"
Old 01-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Well thats all fine and good through the turns but when traction is good and you try to go straight that truck is gonna squat and the tires are gonna lose surface area and then you spin. I hope thats not the case but thats what I'm affraid of.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Well thats all fine and good through the turns but when traction is good and you try to go straight that truck is gonna squat and the tires are gonna lose surface area and then you spin. I hope thats not the case but thats what I'm affraid of.
trust me, its not... truck handles sooo well wth the tower change
Old 01-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reggie l.

when u say outer u mean the hole cloest to the wheel rite?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

yes sir,... i will get some piks of mine with the tower tommorrow or weds
Old 01-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

In those pics it looks like the right rear outdrive cup is worn pretty badly. I can also see damage to the right rear arm where the inner hinge pin goes through. If the damage is as bad as it looks in the pic this could easily be causing the problem if it's letting the arm move back and forth. The worn edges on the outdrive cup can't be helping either.

I would fix those 2 issues and try again. I have never seen/heard of this being a problem. Hope this helps man!
Old 01-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blackie001
Thought some pics might help.

This pic shows the position when lower arms are parallel to the ground.

This shows the position of the right one when the shock is at full compression.

Really don't know how to solve this problem apart from machining up some new outdrive cups & make them about 2mm longer.....

Pete.
are your outdrives loose if your diff bearings are gone it will let the outdrives move enough to let em pop out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.