Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I run the bce chassis on both the truggy and buggy. The difference between the bce and flex tuned is as drastic as the old 1.0 roller chassis and the 1.0 flex tuned. I love it better n the bumps and more stable over all. I feel like I can drive the truck harder and stay in control easier. I have a prototype and I absolutly love it. Well worth the hundred bucks. It's about the same price as a reacement flex tuned chassis. I would buy another.
Thanks great option for change out when needed from wear and tear also I know you like OS speeds if you need another NEW I just picked one up for 336 shipped off ebay few more left>>Ebay Search OS speed
Old 09-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default hey

Originally Posted by TIX
if your going to upgrade your 8T to a 8T 2.0 piece by piece then id recommend you get the BCE Speed 8T 2.0 chassis instead. they are insane. it makes the car so much more forgiving
tix mate how does it help performance in what areas more flex or just better qulity
Old 09-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Default hey

anyone loosened the rear chassis brace screws for more traction to give more flex or is this a bad idea trying to fix rear tail wipping
Old 09-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrbusta
anyone loosened the rear chassis brace screws for more traction to give more flex or is this a bad idea trying to fix rear tail wipping
I did this on my buggy. Our track was really bumpy and made it a handful to drive the buggies on the high speed corners. I backed the rear chassis brace screws 1/2 turn. It seemed to help I guess. I don't think it would be that good for the chassis and might lower the life span of it. For the truggy I haven't had a problem and haven't needed to loosen the screws off.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
they hold the R+P mesh alot tighter and ensure the bearing's are true...the 1.0 plastic's had a tendency to oval out over time causing the R+P mesh to get wonky and blow the gear's....they are a nice item to have for sure.

thanks for the info
Old 09-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Would the RTR chassis be an upgrade over my 1.0 race roller chassis? Or should I just hold off and drop the coin on the BCE when possible?

With the chassis swap all that is really required is the rear cvd shaft right?

Also I saw someone mentioned I would need shock towers?? Do the 1.0's not fit?

Thanks for all the info guys.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Samson4721
Would the RTR chassis be an upgrade over my 1.0 race roller chassis? Or should I just hold off and drop the coin on the BCE when possible?

With the chassis swap all that is really required is the rear cvd shaft right?

Also I saw someone mentioned I would need shock towers?? Do the 1.0's not fit?

Thanks for all the info guys.

you dont want the RTR red chassis....its overly heavy and not worth much if you ask me.....as for needed parts....yes rear bone And side chassis dirt guards the 1.0's rub the body funny with the extended chassis.....the body is where you run into some problem's....as your extending the chassis 15mm the stock 1.0 or even the JC 1.0 shells don't have the space without hacking out some of the rear end to make clearances which is why if your goin 2.0 you would be wise to do the body which along with that you would need the towers plus body mounts
Old 09-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

i think you should keep the new parts you orderd and just get 2.0 is kind of easy that way
Old 09-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

haha you know bobby I would agree and actually wonder if I should have just bought new. But I figure this way I will know my truck inside and out, being a beginner I feel like the extra time is worth the experience. Sure do miss driving it though

I got my 1.0 at a steal and by the time I buy and swap parts then sell the old parts I should pretty much break even money wise.

I will hold off and get a good chassis then. I have Kingzheadz aluminum chassis braces, those are compatible with the 2.0 chassis right? I will probably go BCE, how do they wear? You guys have good experiences with them?

I doubt I will worry about converting to the 2.0 body I will just do some dremel work and hopefully make it work. I'm not worried about pretty yet, I think my driving skills need upgrading first
Old 09-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Samson4721
haha you know bobby I would agree and actually wonder if I should have just bought new. But I figure this way I will know my truck inside and out, being a beginner I feel like the extra time is worth the experience. Sure do miss driving it though

I got my 1.0 at a steal and by the time I buy and swap parts then sell the old parts I should pretty much break even money wise.

I will hold off and get a good chassis then. I have Kingzheadz aluminum chassis braces, those are compatible with the 2.0 chassis right? I will probably go BCE, how do they wear? You guys have good experiences with them?

I doubt I will worry about converting to the 2.0 body I will just do some dremel work and hopefully make it work. I'm not worried about pretty yet, I think my driving skills need upgrading first
either way you look at it ...im not the best driver as well...but get the 2.0 and enjoy it then at every race you go bring the 1.0 nice and cleaned up , spot a newbie,introduce him or her to the hobby then sell them ya 1.0
Old 09-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually my brother-in-law is getting into the hobby with me but his truggy was a 1.0 rtr. I am thinking he will be all about upgrading to my old race roller parts and buying my old plastics for spares.

*Thinking out loud here*
Before I can get real serious I will also have to upgrade my motor anyhow... .32 axial I had lying around is not going to cut it when I see some serious racers on the track. My uncles 2.0 rips plenty good enough for me with the 454 so I will probably end up ebaying for a great deal on one of those engines...

Plus I don't think I could sleep at night, being responsible for getting someone else addicted to this hobby
Old 09-19-2009, 11:22 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

the BCE to me seems to be a heap more forgiving. i can land extremely crocked and it just squares up easier than the stock chassis. the extra flex reacts better to setup changes. i feel it doesnt flex as much in the front of the car keeping the steering really stable.
I love it but others will hate it

i felt the stock chassis went to butter after about 3 months. i replaced it and the truggy was a totally different car to drive. the older one would make the car really snappy on a rough surface. so regardless of how wonr the chassis gets i just felt that the material went soft

the BCE just has a different flex pattern and seems to work for me. it has stood up to a lot of punishment so far but only time will tell if it goes buttery like the stock losi chassis
Old 09-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TIX
the BCE to me seems to be a heap more forgiving. i can land extremely crocked and it just squares up easier than the stock chassis. the extra flex reacts better to setup changes. i feel it doesnt flex as much in the front of the car keeping the steering really stable.
I love it but others will hate it

i felt the stock chassis went to butter after about 3 months. i replaced it and the truggy was a totally different car to drive. the older one would make the car really snappy on a rough surface. so regardless of how wonr the chassis gets i just felt that the material went soft

the BCE just has a different flex pattern and seems to work for me. it has stood up to a lot of punishment so far but only time will tell if it goes buttery like the stock losi chassis
and thanks tix u would know especially on are blown out tracks here in aus wow is all i have to say the radio that we have is great very fast i found and it was an instant noticeable change and are tracks gone to shit again the blue groove went on a holiday lol!!! and now we have a moon surface hahahaha hope to see u at edenhope champ !!!!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well i love my 8t 2.0. Went out today and was trying some black rear spings out, it went well. At first i had some issues due to i built the shocks with a little to much oil. Got it drained then i had no steering. had no time to check it went to my first qualifer, started raining and i had zero steering. i semi could of turned better on that track then my truggy lol. The rain stopped about 15 min, everyone was about to pack up. we waited a little for the track to dry and looked at my truggy, Found out my servo saver loosened up. Second weekend this did it. so i tightened it tad more then usual and put some loc tite on it. I had to much steering now lol. had to learn with this much steering. My A main went well, was third then first and second broke so i was first. And in a 30 min main i was leading for like 15 min and with 6 min left me set screw for my cvd loosened up. Still finished third somehow. Other then that little issue, i am more in love with this truck then before lol. went from grey to black springs and tightened the servo saver up but not to tight. I cant wait to kick some butt next weekend
Old 09-20-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info Tix.

The BCE is a touch cheaper then the TFT anyhow, so I guess I will give it a shot first. How much time do you have on your BCE chassis so far?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.