Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Rookie

My english is not the best I dont push the throttel very hard when i do that the car will spin around.
My driving is very soft with a minimum of wheel spin.
It is my first seson driving gas carīs. Iīm not a bad driver I just finished 2nd in Austiran Truggy Championship
Old 06-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

u need to let the drivetrain breakin. usaully about an hr of run time or so and u will see the truck gain grip. my 2.0 buggy was the same way and in the middle of the main it seemed suddenly gain a ton of grip. to bad i was already too far behind to catch up at that point.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

the instictions talk about putting the car on it's sid and holding 2 wheels and rev the engine letting rlthe left or right side spin then repeat on the opposite side. This helps the ring and pinion seat togeather properly to assist with the break in. You will know when the gears are completly broke in because the wheels will spin very very freely almost like there is little or no resistence. The 2.0 drivetrain is very very smooth.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Georg111
I tried Bow Tie f+r, Bow Tie r + Crime Fighter f and Hole Shot f+r (worked best) I drive the car 28mm front and 32mm rear. The car is still new just 1,1/2 Gallon. I drive a Toro Nero
That sounds like ride height for the buggy-on my truck I run 39 mm and 42mm and te last problem I have is turning. I have noticed the losi likes to carry good speed through the corners, where my kyosho really liked to power through the corners. As long as I don't push the truck too deep into the turns, I feel as though the harder I push the truck the better it turns
Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shady3031
That sounds like ride height for the buggy-on my truck I run 39 mm and 42mm and te last problem I have is turning. I have noticed the losi likes to carry good speed through the corners, where my kyosho really liked to power through the corners. As long as I don't push the truck too deep into the turns, I feel as though the harder I push the truck the better it turns
I figured this out as well. Mine likes to roll through the turns. Ride height is definitely the key. Mine sucked and was tough to drive until the ride height was set up right by you guys...now its been easier. Also tires made a big difference. Haven't had a chance though to run the truck anywhere to really test it. Cullman is slick and still really don't know what tires to use. I beams worked ok, but the track I guess is just sandy and slick. I think Gators might work better....guess I will find out this weekend.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Agreed. That ride height is WAY too low. That's closer to buggy ride height than truggy. Go back to the stock 39mm 42mm setup.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, I would suggest taking a look at Drakes' Silver State set up - that track had some really wicked turns and he just pulled through them. I would start by comparing my setup to his.

What steering servo are you using? How about your EPA? I once was setting my EPA and turned it down so much that my truck was not turning.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
I figured this out as well. Mine likes to roll through the turns. Ride height is definitely the key. Mine sucked and was tough to drive until the ride height was set up right by you guys...now its been easier. Also tires made a big difference. Haven't had a chance though to run the truck anywhere to really test it. Cullman is slick and still really don't know what tires to use. I beams worked ok, but the track I guess is just sandy and slick. I think Gators might work better....guess I will find out this weekend.
Looks like we should have a good crowd sat. Got a handful from b'ham gonna make the trip up since nitrofever got $crewed. Still want to run that electric losi truck. I believe zixxer run crimefighters last time at cullman so the gators should do real good-probably what I will bring along with a set of crimeties
See you then
Old 06-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Looks like we should have a good crowd sat. Got a handful from b'ham gonna make the trip up since nitrofever got $crewed. Still want to run that electric losi truck. I believe zixxer run crimefighters last time at cullman so the gators should do real good-probably what I will bring along with a set of crimeties
See you then
Sounds good. I'm bringing my RC8T-E as well.....same setup and motor. Wheel both...you will be suprised
Old 06-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Ok, I would suggest taking a look at Drakes' Silver State set up - that track had some really wicked turns and he just pulled through them. I would start by comparing my setup to his.

What steering servo are you using? How about your EPA? I once was setting my EPA and turned it down so much that my truck was not turning.
Can you post a link to drakes silver state setup. Or a it on losi's website?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
Can you post a link to drakes silver state setup. Or a it on losi's website?
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/DrakeSS098t2.pdf

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/ADSilvStA0804.pdf
Old 06-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Tried drake's setup and the rear end was to soft. Not sure how you can run that setup and keep the rear end from slapping the ground on all the jumps.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Rookie

I forgot to say the Trackīs here in Austria are very flat with no big jumps. Typical european style track. Easy for touring car drivers like me.

Next time I will try all the things you told me.
I think you helped me a lot.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Tried drake's setup and the rear end was to soft. Not sure how you can run that setup and keep the rear end from slapping the ground on all the jumps.
he usualy lands the front of the truck on the down ramp befor the rear...that would help

if you see his vids he doesnt realy try to land flat
Old 06-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Steering Servo is a Sanwa SDX 901 and EPA 0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.