Wiki Posts
Search

8T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Electric Dave
Ok, sorry to rant here but I've had it with this truck! The bottom line is that it is SO clear that it was rushed to market and it has serious flaws. What I find most ironic is that Losi takes pride in their wonderful engineering, it is that same engineering (or lack there of) is the cause of every failure on this truck!

I have forgiven it for the small things like shock ends which were not put on right from the factory or rear hub bearings which were either defective or too small or screws which are not long enough to hit the nylon locknuts or even wheels which HIT when you are near full lock but I can not forgive mine for eating FOUR SERVOs!

I've read this thread lots and I've tried to follow all the advice, I replaced the 2.0 spring with the 1.0 spring but that is not the problem. I'm pretty sure there is an issue with the plastic part of the servo saver. I've been racing RC seriously for the last 5 or 6 years and I don't think I ever had a servo fail, now with this Losi I've blown the gears in FOUR Z9000T servos in 3 weeks!

Losi NEEDS to address this issue, heck they should address ALL the issues with this truck. I've called "Bill" and left him a message, he had better call me back because I've had it. People need to know how messed up this thing is out of the box and Losi needs to issue some kind of "Service Pack" to address all these obvious design flaws.
Losi did address it with the 2.0! End points and linkages must be set perfectly in the losi cars! It's not really hard to do that. Any car will eat servos if you don't set it up right. I have 3 years of running 2 losi cars under my belt and have yet to have one single servo problem. same servos are in the cars as when the 1.0's were new. They have now been transfered onto the 2.0's and are running strong! Also, maybe ditch the junk JR servos and run some Hitec's!

As for the other issues, it is something you have to deal with on a new truck. Losi will learn of the problems and make running changes to most of them. IMO the truck makes up for any issues on the track.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Losi did address it with the 2.0! End points and linkages must be set perfectly in the losi cars! It's not really hard to do that. Any car will eat servos if you don't set it up right. I have 3 years of running 2 losi cars under my belt and have yet to have one single servo problem. same servos are in the cars as when the 1.0's were new. They have now been transfered onto the 2.0's and are running strong! Also, maybe ditch the junk JR servos and run some Hitec's!

As for the other issues, it is something you have to deal with on a new truck. Losi will learn of the problems and make running changes to most of them. IMO the truck makes up for any issues on the track.
I keep going through throttle servos in my 2.0. I have blew a JR9100s and not a Hitec 7965. I set the end points correctly. Anyone else having throttle servo problems. I talked to Phillip Atondo (a team losi driver) and he said to use the rubber mounting hardware and not to over tighten the servo in the mount. I usually mount the servos right to the tray without the rubber garment. Today I mounted with the rubber garment, will see what happens. I will send the Hitec back and the JR is already at Horizon. I thought the throttle servo problem was solved but it appears again. I only lost 2 servos in the 1.0 over a whole year of racing 2-3x per month. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Vibrational harmonics are KILLER on electronics....Imo those grommet's are included for a reason.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Frank,

I've been running the Rubber grommets included with the servos for well over a year now and haven't lost a servo yet. Just got the new 2.0 truggy so I don't have many runs on them in the 2.0 yet. I've transfered the same sets of servos to several different cars/trucks. Just the like the above said; those rubber grommets are in there for a reason I'd use them. Also check and make sure the base of the servos are clearing the chassis, and use the shims included in the kit if needed. The other thing I'd check for is binding on the carb slide...Losi's are notorious for this due to the center diff mount location. Some carbs will bind easier than others, and careful attention and setup is a must. Try to get the pull as straight as possible. Hope this helps.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I keep going through throttle servos in my 2.0. I have blew a JR9100s and not a Hitec 7965. I set the end points correctly. Anyone else having throttle servo problems. I talked to Phillip Atondo (a team losi driver) and he said to use the rubber mounting hardware and not to over tighten the servo in the mount. I usually mount the servos right to the tray without the rubber garment. Today I mounted with the rubber garment, will see what happens. I will send the Hitec back and the JR is already at Horizon. I thought the throttle servo problem was solved but it appears again. I only lost 2 servos in the 1.0 over a whole year of racing 2-3x per month. Anyone else having this problem?
Wow so the losi 2.0 has the same throttle servo problems that the losi 1.0 has? I guess i wont be changing my brand new losi 1.0 to the 2.0 if they both have the same linkage problem. I havent done the linkage on my 1.0 buggy yet because im waiting for the radio stiffner. Hopefully i wont run into any problem when i set it up. Wish me luck guys.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Originally Posted by guss2009
Wow so the losi 2.0 has the same throttle servo problems that the losi 1.0 has? I guess i wont be changing my brand new losi 1.0 to the 2.0 if they both have the same linkage problem. I havent done the linkage on my 1.0 buggy yet because im waiting for the radio stiffner. Hopefully i wont run into any problem when i set it up. Wish me luck guys.
the 2.0 radio tray is fine....all the problems with the 1.0 tray have been resolved, just take the time to setup properly........chassis and radio

and you ALWAYS use rubber grommets with servos in 1/8 scale..........that's what I was taught anyways
Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

Never have used those rubber grommets. Some may call me stubborn about it, but until I have a problem with servos I will run without them. I just don't like the idea of relying on rubber to keep my servos planted. Again, if and when I have the problem I will start running them!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
cheap bearing's are hit and miss....get over it...there 1$ a piece.
I never replaced the flange bearings in my 1.0 either. Only had like 4 0r five gallons on it. When checking my 2.0 for the squeak problem tonight the wheel bearings were all fine but the rear diff flange bearing was blown to pieces. I know they're only a buck a piece, but man a lot of work to keep this thing going. Love the truck though, just some maintnance required. Hopefully the Avid flange bearings I put in will last longer than the stock ones.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

looks like Ill have ot be looking for bearings before mine even go bad. HAHAHAHA
Old 05-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve307b
I never replaced the flange bearings in my 1.0 either. Only had like 4 0r five gallons on it. When checking my 2.0 for the squeak problem tonight the wheel bearings were all fine but the rear diff flange bearing was blown to pieces. I know they're only a buck a piece, but man a lot of work to keep this thing going. Love the truck though, just some maintnance required. Hopefully the Avid flange bearings I put in will last longer than the stock ones.

I have not had any bearing issues, though racing has been on hold for a month because of rain. I did replace the rear bearings after my first run on the track. the advids i put in have held up just fine through 2 racing days and many pratice days. Every race truck/buggy takes maintnance its a part of the hobby "one of my fav parts". It's just something you have to do. I get pleasure when I'm done racing and I walk into the hobby shop and they say what did you break, and I say nothing with a smile. A lot of people run Mugens and CEN stuff and it breaks all the time. One guy last season didn't finish one main because his CEN truggy would break every time.

Last edited by LosiMadMan; 05-10-2009 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
When I first ran the truck, I set the end points like I did on my previous truggy. Then I started backing it down a few notches. My end points are not the problem. It's something else. There was a live chat on Neo-Buggy a few weeks ago and Adam Drake was on there, he was asked about the steering issues and said "Adam Drake: We are working on a different servo saver for the 2.0's." that right there tells you there is a problem. Is it the spring? The plastic? The geometry? I don't know.

I never felt like my JR Z900T servo's were junk. I'm happy to upgrade if it's needed but I find that hard to believe given that I've used them in several truggies and Monster trucks.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What are your thoughts on the adjustable rear squat and toe blocks? Good brands? Bad ones? Why?
Old 05-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Electric Dave
When I first ran the truck, I set the end points like I did on my previous truggy. Then I started backing it down a few notches. My end points are not the problem. It's something else. There was a live chat on Neo-Buggy a few weeks ago and Adam Drake was on there, he was asked about the steering issues and said "Adam Drake: We are working on a different servo saver for the 2.0's." that right there tells you there is a problem. Is it the spring? The plastic? The geometry? I don't know.

I never felt like my JR Z900T servo's were junk. I'm happy to upgrade if it's needed but I find that hard to believe given that I've used them in several truggies and Monster trucks.
Hmmm. Did you set the servo saver correctly? You need it pretty loose to do it's job. The 2.0 setup requires some adjusting to get it to that point. I have the 2.0 spring on mine and it has been working perfectly so far. I adjusted it so it actually "saves" and put some red loctight on the nut, so far so good.

As for the servos, I was really just jokeing with you. Those servos should be just fine!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default Rubber grommets

I would never consider mounting the servos in any nitro car/truggy without the rubber grommets. I have not had any issues with servos in my 2.0 or 2.0T. These toy cars are always a "work in progress" for every manufacture, but if you go through four servos that's a little suspect, either car-human-or driving style.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I take it that your using a brushless setup. I would check the ouput on the speed control to make sure your not over loading the servos. Thats just a shot in the dark, but it's something to check.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.