Old 11-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you can reuse it
Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default DE

Well I've bought a number of sets for my 8T20 I've had countless problems my current track is abrasive I don't mind replacing after each club race but the front and rear skid plates have either torn or ripped off primarily the rear. The front has better life but at the last race the back half pealed off the diff screws.. I emailed my problem and got a response which was pretty sad along with its service "Never heard of that problem" but still purchased another set hoping the new generation was better with no results.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Well I've bought a number of sets for my 8T20 I've had countless problems my current track is abrasive I don't mind replacing after each club race but the front and rear skid plates have either torn or ripped off primarily the rear. The front has better life but at the last race the back half pealed off the diff screws.. I emailed my problem and got a response which was pretty sad along with its service "Never heard of that problem" but still purchased another set hoping the new generation was better with no results.

If you have a skid plate pulling screws out of your bulkheads you have other issues. Possibly stripped out bulkhead mounts or they are just plain worn out.

I can see why you got the answer you did. It's pretty well unheard of in "normal" conditions.

If they are not working to your favor then stop using them. It's morally pathetic to go on a manufacturers thread and comment that you have issues with their product when you clearly have issues with something else.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

The tank pulls can be reused to a point. They require you to use the supplied cable tie that comes with the kit. These can not be reused of corse, but the kit does come with 2 ties and only 1 is used. The extra cable tie in the kit is for if you make the pull to short or just plain mess up. If you get it right the first time you will have a tie for another tank.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Bigjayjay

I'm sorry you have had these problems. I honestly have never heard of a plate just ripping off. As far as the plate "folding up", the usual cause of this is either running the plates to long, or more common using the plates on a chassis that is to worn. The idea of the skid plates is to prevent a new chassis from wearing out, not making a worn out chassis last just a little longer.

The Gen 2 parts have been much better at resisting these problems. Many people run my parts and swear by them. If used correctly I'm sure you would as well.

You might also try using shoe goo to glue the plate to the chassis just before screwing it down. This helps the dirt from getting between the two which starts the problem.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Have you tried sending some pics of the issues? Maybe one before and after installing the product? I use them on my 8T 2.0 and haven't went through one yet. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
If you have a skid plate pulling screws out of your bulkheads you have other issues. Possibly stripped out bulkhead mounts or they are just plain worn out.

I can see why you got the answer you did. It's pretty well unheard of in "normal" conditions.

If they are not working to your favor then stop using them. It's morally pathetic to go on a manufacturers thread and comment that you have issues with their product when you clearly have issues with something else.
Its a open forum you cannot post a thread in hopes for all positive experience that's business. I have moved into a different skid plate and they work great. DE makes awesome stuff but for my condition they don't work. I'm not expecting a freebie nor do I expect your too understand customer service is about asking questions in lieu of its situation and offering possible solutions. If you take me comments too hard then I apologies if your sponsored by DE then I understand while commenting on your installation presumption is easy but not necessary since it straight forward.

Last edited by bigjayjay1; 11-03-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DE Racing
Bigjayjay

I'm sorry you have had these problems. I honestly have never heard of a plate just ripping off. As far as the plate "folding up", the usual cause of this is either running the plates to long, or more common using the plates on a chassis that is to worn. The idea of the skid plates is to prevent a new chassis from wearing out, not making a worn out chassis last just a little longer.

The Gen 2 parts have been much better at resisting these problems. Many people run my parts and swear by them. If used correctly I'm sure you would as well.

You might also try using shoe goo to glue the plate to the chassis just before screwing it down. This helps the dirt from getting between the two which starts the problem.

Thanks I appreciate the feedback like your new tanks puller will order some.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Its a open forum you cannot post a thread in hopes for all positive experience that's business. I have moved into a different skid plate and they work great. DE makes awesome stuff but for my condition they don't work. I'm not expecting a freebie nor do I expect your too understand customer service is about asking questions in lieu of its situation and offering possible solutions. If you take me comments too hard then I apologies if your sponsored by DE then I understand while commenting on your installation presumption is easy but not necessary since it straight forward.
The "sponsorship/involvement" comment is moot.

You need to go back and look at what you originally posted.

Well I've bought a number of sets for my 8T20 I've had countless problems
"Negative" opening to your post indicates you are upset my current track is abrasive I don't mind replacing after each club race but the front and rear skid plates have either torn or ripped off primarily the rear. You indicated "but" in your comment which means "forget what I just said before" The front has better life but at the last race the back half pealed off the diff screws.. again with the "but" which again means "forget that I was being nice, I'm angry because of what happened after "but" I emailed my problem and got a response which was pretty sad along with its service OK we have some action, what was it that you emailed to warrant the sad answer and sad service? "Never heard of that problem" Maybe this is a new problem? Maybe they (or "it" as you describe them) has yet to run into this problem? Is it sad on their part or yours to assume that this has happened before?but still purchased another set hoping the new generation was better with no results. Theres "but" again along with a condescending end

What I'm getting at, that "in my 22ish years of customer service management point of view".... this post was written NOT as a "Hey I'm having a problem, can you help me figure it out?" It was written as a hateful post toward DE in the hopes that someone would read it and figure that because YOU were having a problem, the products were not worth their purchase simply for your posting enjoyment.

If more people understood how to obtain better customer service, they would get what they expect in return. I understand what you're saying about forum threads and the haters that post their problems. Ninetyfive percent of which who never "asked" for help. But simply assumed they wouldn't get what they wanted out of their problem so they just put on their cowboy hat and type away.

So..... I will ask for you and then you can post what it is that you really wanted out of posting what you did. What did you think you'd gain by posting that post?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DE Racing

+1
Old 11-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

The "sponsorship/involvement" comment is moot.

You need to go back and look at what you originally posted.

Well I've bought a number of sets for my 8T20 I've had countless problems
"Negative" opening to your post indicates you are upset my current track is abrasive I don't mind replacing after each club race but the front and rear skid plates have either torn or ripped off primarily the rear. You indicated "but" in your comment which means "forget what I just said before" The front has better life but at the last race the back half pealed off the diff screws.. again with the "but" which again means "forget that I was being nice, I'm angry because of what happened after "but" I emailed my problem and got a response which was pretty sad along with its service OK we have some action, what was it that you emailed to warrant the sad answer and sad service? "Never heard of that problem" Maybe this is a new problem? Maybe they (or "it" as you describe them) has yet to run into this problem? Is it sad on their part or yours to assume that this has happened before?but still purchased another set hoping the new generation was better with no results. Theres "but" again along with a condescending end

What I'm getting at, that "in my 22ish years of customer service management point of view".... this post was written NOT as a "Hey I'm having a problem, can you help me figure it out?" It was written as a hateful post toward DE in the hopes that someone would read it and figure that because YOU were having a problem, the products were not worth their purchase simply for your posting enjoyment.

If more people understood how to obtain better customer service, they would get what they expect in return. I understand what you're saying about forum threads and the haters that post their problems. Ninetyfive percent of which who never "asked" for help. But simply assumed they wouldn't get what they wanted out of their problem so they just put on their cowboy hat and type away.

So..... I will ask for you and then you can post what it is that you really wanted out of posting what you did. What did you think you'd gain by posting that post?
I understand where you are coming from but its pretty simple customer service will give the end user a option. The RC industry is not only limited too the experienced problems will arise, its a great opportunity too save a potential customer if a company takes the time. I shouldnt have too create, and formulate a hypothesis on address a problem is pretty straight forward this is a forum and my opinion was stated. Again if you take my words as a personal attack take my apology and move on.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

I understand where you are coming from but its pretty simple customer service will give the end user a option. The RC industry is not only limited too the experienced problems will arise, its a great opportunity too save a potential customer if a company takes the time. I shouldnt have too create, and formulate a hypothesis on address a problem is pretty straight forward this is a forum and my opinion was stated. Again if you take my words as a personal attack take my apology and move on.
OK, moving on.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Look really good, will you have one for the Cen Matrix R2 or will one from another buggy fit? what material are they made of?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just put one of these skidplates on my st-rr right before a big race and I have to say it does the job. It protects the chassis well and seems very durable.

The plastic that's being used seems to be very strong material and hopefully it will last me a while. Cant beat the price either!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

how much is DE RACING payin you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.