Search

Team Associated SC8 Setup and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what glow plug should i use in this sc8 stock engine 4.6
new to associated.
I run OS A5's and R5's myself, just because I already have them...some people don't like using a shorter plug. MC8's work well, and O'Donnell 99's are good too.

With my AE 4.6 I've been getting about a plug per gallon. I am liking this engine a lot...even put one in my truggy.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah I run O'donnell 99 and 100 plugs I too am very happy with the AE motor
Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have driven today almost 1/2 gallon with my Sc8, and crashed many times. But this thing just keeps going! Its almost a tank! indestructible!

I race for almost one year now with an asso Tc5, and I bought so many spare's, that I can almost build a second one, in spite I never broke something on it. But this thing just keeps also going!

For me is Associated the way to go!

Did someone broke allready something on his truck? If yes, what and how did you do it?
Old 04-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NielsVV
Did someone broke allready something on his truck? If yes, what and how did you do it?

I cracked the front bumper the tube part not the mount I hit a light pole at the track as I was jumping the big double I mis judged my angle of approach and Smack light pole
Old 04-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Suspended

I've also broke the front bumper tube thing, several times now...generally from just nose in casing a landing. The bumper mount behind it has also broke once...but those are the only things that have broke. That all pretty much happened after my ill fated e-conversion experiment. I did bend a front CVD, I did that the first time out somehow...but I have heard "that's an RC8 issue" from others.

One of my co workers has pretty much decimated the front of the truck...front arms, knuckles, bent hinge pins, whole 9 yards. No idea how he did it...but sometimes you get lucky and hit it right.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Suspended

Forgot I was going to ask this also...

I've been running mine box stock, thinking of things I might want to change setup wise. Has anyone done more work than me and come up with something that works a little better? I am running mine outdoor, blown out track with decent traction but a lot of loam....it's time to service the diffs, might as well make any changes now if I am going to.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I have broken my front bumper twice running it at the local 1/8 scale track. The stock motor doesnt have enough RPMs to correct "lawn dart" landings after clearing the tripple

A good tip for keeping the front bumper brace frome getting ripped out of the front, diff support screws is to shim the support between the diff housing and chassis with a couple of 4mm washers. I have ripped one out since I did that. It helps the chassis grab the platic better.

I think I killed my modded, stock motor after 4 gallons. Its lacking top end now but still has some descent bottom end. Good thing I have a JPX .28 with only 8 tanks through it waiting for a new home. I bought it for my buggy but was too much for it. I'm going to get a 2+ clutch bell to see if I can get it to corrent mid flight. Worse case if its too much power I also have a Hyper .21 7 port that needs a piston and sleve.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Forgot I was going to ask this also...

I've been running mine box stock, thinking of things I might want to change setup wise. Has anyone done more work than me and come up with something that works a little better? I am running mine outdoor, blown out track with decent traction but a lot of loam....it's time to service the diffs, might as well make any changes now if I am going to.
I ended up picking some threaded shock bodies up off of ebay cheap 15 bucks shipped ft and bk I put all my stock stuff on them to complete them but I switched out the pistons to 1.5 ft and bk with 50 weight fluid in both set my preload so arms are level and put a 17 tooth clutch bell on it and it was night and day better than stock I plan on re lubing the diffs this week either 8 10 8 or 10 10 10 have not decided Hope that helps
Old 04-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

got my motor broken in last night.

What are some good glow plugs to run? I had some odonell 99 plugs sitting around and they seemed to work good. Im in Socal so the weather is warm.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Suspended

What are some good glow plugs to run?
Looks like you answered your own question...
Old 04-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Wes Briscoe
Looks like you answered your own question...
LOL. Saw that after I posted the question. Talk about luck having the 99's sitting around not being used.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

does anyone know where to find an sc8 clear body it seems to be sold out everywhere? also as anyone one made nets for the windows like the ones actual trucks, i wanted to make some but have no ideas.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Suspended

does anyone know where to find an sc8 clear body it seems to be sold out everywhere? also as anyone one made nets for the windows like the ones actual trucks, i wanted to make some but have no ideas.
Every distributor I deal with is out. We got one in and haven't seen any in months...soon though I am betting.

I did the window screen thing using black window mesh that you use for screen doors. Just cut it to size and shoe goo'd it in place, works well. I cut a small slit down the middle of the windshield, and a small notch on the driver's side screen so I can get my fuel bottle in and gas it up without taking the body off.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone had any issues with the roto start, I just got the sc 8 and ran one tank through it and now the roto start only turns a couple of turns and stops. and by the way I took the plug out and it does the same, while you can turn the flywheel over with your finger.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:40 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by laro
Has anyone had any issues with the roto start, I just got the sc 8 and ran one tank through it and now the roto start only turns a couple of turns and stops. and by the way I took the plug out and it does the same, while you can turn the flywheel over with your finger.
Did you charge the battery for the starter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.