Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Firestorm Vs. Traxxas Nitro Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Unhappy HPI Firestorm Vs. Traxxas Nitro Sport

I was wondering what your guys is thougts on which one i should get??? And tell me how the traxxas rustler is but don't compare them to the 2 because i know the rustler is gonna win lol
Old 10-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

All three are pretty good trucks for what they are meant for. They also have good support behind them.

I would say if you think you may want to race one day go with something like this:

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=3429

It to has great support and may be a bit more laid out for you. It will also hands down be the faster truck on a track. It can be raced or bashed. As can the others but they are more setup for speed than jumping or turning.

What do ya think?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got a Firestorm that I bought in August to get into the sport and it has gotten me hooked. However it seems to have something go wrong once in awhile like someone mentioned in another form. I was told the other day by someone who races that as their truck that if you update the servos it and downsize the engine because it comes with one that is larger than the ROAR-legal size it is very fast. If your interested in mine, PM me. Just want $150 for it.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would recommend the Associated truck. I had a nitro sport/rustler, and I honestly hated it. It broke a lot even when I wasn't too harsh, and the quality was no where near what I expected.
My friend has the Associated GT and the thing is awesome. So much better handling, faster, and much higher quality. It is well worth the extra bit, trust me.
The HPI firestorm is also a good truck. It isn't quite as racey as the Associated truck, but it's a lot faster.