Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips on setting up brakes??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tips on setting up brakes??

Hey guy's, can anyone give me some tips on setting up my brakes via the servo brake rods? Should i set them so there is an even amount of rod coming out of the end for both the front and rear or should i run one brake on more than the other?

I have my first race coming this weekend and while running the car in my garden i found the back locked up quite easily and spun the car around (this was on a grass surface), i had very little feel and modulation. The track i'm running on can get quite rough although it should be prepped quite well.

Any help appreciated-Thanks-Hugh
Old 10-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

It personal preferance, most run with more rear brake, possably 90% run more rear than front. I run more front brake, simpley put, I brake early and roll threw the turn and on throttle early. You have to have a car that can turn well though. But this is my preferance. You can try different setups to see what fits your driving style.

As far as how I set it up. I will have it to ware the rear brake is not working. I then go fast down the strait and hit the brakes (no turning) and have it to ware the front tires will NOT lock up. Then I do the same with the rear. As soon as the rear lock up, I take 1/4 turn out of the rear. Then I don't touch them again. On the radio though, I will adjust my ATV's so the tires won't lock up. As the track dries out (if watered) you will need to take some of the ATV's out. But if they water the track (not muddy) you will find that you can add ATV's.

At no time do I have it to ware my tires will lock up.

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 10-19-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

This might be helpful, its for the Losi 8ight but should be basically the same as other manufactures.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...e_Addendum.pdf